Finasteride 0.25 dose (7 months later)

Hey everyone firstly I’d just like to say hello I’m a 27 year old from Ireland. This year I took 0.25 of one finasteride pill only once and haven’t been right ever since. These are my current symptoms:

Sore back
Muscle loss in body and face
Stomach irritation
Blurry vision with floaters
Exhaustion
Zero libido
Sexual dysfunction
Pain in testicles and penis
Pains and aches all over body
Severe nerve pain
Jaw sore
Brain and body spasms
Severe depression
Insomnia
Suicidal idealations
No motivation
Unhappiness
Trouble walking
Pain around nipples
Feeling sick 24/7

Before this I was an athlete and I played football for a team, I was also going to the gym at least 4 times a week, I could do 150 push ups and barely break a sweat and could run on a treadmill for an hour without stopping and still have an abudence of energy, I would say I was gifted atheletically all my life.
Now I would go as far to say that this has completely disabled me both mentally and physically and that’s very hard to get my head around. I planned on getting married to my long time Brazilian girlfriend but I have no other choice but to call that off she was the love of my life and my best friend and this hurts above all else.
I look back on old videos and can’t contemplate the difference this has made to me and I can’t help but cry it hurts more knowing there’s no diagnostic tools, treatment or the fact PFS is not listed as a medical condition.

There is no drug that I can think of that would do this amount of damage to someone directly with such a small dosage, possibily the fact the most dangerous drug on the market without a shadow of doubt.

5 Likes

Really sorry to hear all this, i also used only 1 does of 1mg and it destroyed my body its amazing how destructive a simple medication for hairloss can be i could’ve got poisoned or bit by a cobra and i could’ve recovered eventually

The thing is, there is still hope and there are many attempts to get the attention of the rest of the world so hang on tight and im sure this thing will pass above our heads someday

3 Likes

Thanks for your input mo it’s a trying time that’s for sure. I just watched a documentary on aids that was prevalent in the 80’s and the American government turned a blind eye even in the midst of babies and children dying off like flies due to contaminated blood transfusions. It’s completely shocking actually, In camparison with finasteride I have very little hope of seeing a cure as the disease doesn’t seem to be that prevalent. How long have you had side effects and what are you currently experiencing?

2 Likes

Firstly, I am sorry to hear your story but welcome to our community and thank you for sharing that story.

If you mean that you have ended your relationship, then perhaps you should rethink this. If this had happened to my girlfriend I would stand by her. I’m 13 months off now, and things are up and down but significantly better than they were when I was at 7 months as you are.

This will be tough, but it might be better with people who love you to support you. This is a mostly supportive community, do reach out for support if you would like it from us.

I literally cried when I read your post because you seem to know the importance here, I really do love her and it causes so much pain in my heart to think about letting her go because I just want the best for her and I don’t know if I can give her that life anymore.

You should at least give her the choice rather than choosing what’s best for her.

It’s possible to improve and it’s possible to be happy together.

Can I ask if there is guys here who have pain while having sex I’m in so much pain right now and have had pain in my tesicles for weeks could it be a lack of dht killing off the tissue I also feeling the same with my jaw muscles and anywhere there seems to be muscles in general including lower back pain. I think having some DHT must be vital for keeping muscle tissues healthy. I don’t know why this has been only hitting me now almost 7 months later is this normal?

Hey man, I took a single 1mg pill back in October 2018. Right away, I got instant mental sides and disconnect from my body, accompanied with muscle weakness. I had gradual softening of my skin and muscle wasting, until June, about 7-8 months later, I crashed again and it all broke loose, skin completely became rubbery and extremely soft, lost tons of muscle, and had burning all across my body. Accompanied with real bad mental symptoms. So I can relate to a worsening of symptoms even 7 or 8 months after you took the pill, I don’t know why this is.

Sorry to hear that buddy I guess we’re in the class of propecia fuck ups from a single dose. I thought I was in the home run a few weeks after but like yourself gradually got worse. I read up that DHT is vital for penile health and mine is killing me, I know there’s something going on downstairs and I’m thinking lack of DHT is killing off muscle tissue everywhere including my freaking face I can already tell it’s feminising me and it doesn’t help when mutilpe people are telling me I’m looking very thin whatever happened we have knocked the off switch for DHT, can we kidnip a scientist and make him cure us? lol Merck and Co are lucky they aren’t based in Ireland otherwise I’d burn the place to the ground (only in my dreams of course).

2 Likes

Yeah whatever androgen activity that is responsible for having hard, dense muscles, and healthy, tight skin has completely shut off inside my body. My muscles are very squishy, my complexion is very soft and pale, all the hairs are dead. It’s like I have the body of an old woman now. It is completely bizarre. I’m trying hard to cope with this new person, but I barely recognize myself anymore.

Same mate I haven’t looked in the mirror in months I’m honestly afraid of what I’ll see, I’m even afraid to get a haircut because the barber puts you in front of one lol it’s just laughable but really it’s fucking sad. We’ll get no pitty from the outside world as they’ll just say we’re nuts but not if I show them a before and after photo of last year and now when I was ripped and didn’t look like I had one foot in the fucking grave. We should start a documentary and sell it to netflex- finasteride, when trying to keep your hair gets you killed with morphius showing a blue pill to chose going bald or a red one finasteride to keep it haha.

I think we should have a conference meeting somewhere this year were everyone on this site can meet up to show we’re not alone in all of this and to muster support invite journalists (doubt they’ll come) but it’s worth a try and it would be a step in the right direction every other charity has them. We really don’t know the figures here we could be talking about hundreds of thousands of people men worldwide we don’t even have a consensus from each country.

2 Likes

Have you tried anything to improve yourself? Ever searched water fast in this forum? Check that one out. Maybe it can really help you.

Not sure if you’re aware of this but if you’re willing to share your story you might be interested in this thread

Are you still working or going to school at this time?

I tried a waterfast can’t say it helped much except make me hungry and dizzy.

2 Likes