Erectile Dysfunction after 1 pill

@Trace In the statistically unlikely case that you do develop persistent side effects, going back on Finasteride is one of the worst courses of action you could take. Several PFS patients have worsened their situation through reexposure.

1 Like

Fuck, so permanent ED and baldness. Not looking good.

You cannot say something is permanent after 1 pill or 1 day. You cannot even say it is persistent or chronic after 1 pill or 1 day. You are anxious, you knew about the risks and you knew about this forum before you even took the first and only pill, so it’s time to just wait and see, reduce your stress and anxiety, get normal and enough sleep and food, and do not start taking all kinds of pills supplements herbs vitamins drugs from the internet or China. Most guys who take finasteride do not get PFS or side effects.

3 Likes

Well I certainly got a side effect of ED, haven’t got anything else. Here is hoping it’s not permanent, so far seeing little to no improvement

The standard side effects Merck claim with finasteride are loss of libido and ED that ‘usually resolve with discontinuation’.
1mg finasteride has the half life of 8 hours or whatever it is but it can be in the system for up to 30 days (that’s why there are usually no problems with cold turkeying Finasteride , it naturally slow releases in that respect)
You need one month minimum of feeling like this and then start to investigate the dysfunction issues. Once the substance is completely out of your system then you will know. In the meantime my advice would be do everything to make yourself healthy and give your body the space to heal, diet , exercise (both resistance and cardio) sleep and staying away from forums like this lol sometimes you can make it worse for your mind .
Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for advice. Especially with the nature of the issue, if I expect it to not get hard, it’s not gonna get, even if it’s not fin lol, however I do think atm it’s mostly fin. Fingers crossed it improves in 14-30 days.

1 Like

Keep us updated

I think it’s getting better, still nowhere near pre-drug though.

1 Like

Just your recognizing that it is a self-fulfilling belief is half of it! I am glad you are getting better!

Yesterday I was back to pretty much 100% but today it’s back to being about 70% of normal sexual function. I guess it is improving considering up to yesterday it was like 0-10% lol.

Today it’s worse :frowning:

You are getting a lot of fluctuation. Are you feeling worried or concerned about it?

Also, are you attempting to masturbate every day? Or are you attempting sex every day?

I want to know in what context are these stronger or weaker erections. Let me know!

I am feeling worried about it.

Also, are you attempting to masturbate every day? Or are you attempting sex every day?

masturbate

Yesterday evening and 2 days ago it was completely fine, today it’s back to like 20% of normal.

The feeling worried about it is making it worse.
The trying to masturbate every day might be making it worse.
Relax, do something else besides thinking about it all, do something else besides trying to masturbate.
After you are feeling much less worry, and you have given your body enough sleep and stayed away from drugs or alcohol, then try sex with yourself or someone you are attracted to.

I’m really scared it’s permanent.

It’s not permanent unless you are 90 years old and every single day of your life from now til 90 you have had no erectile function.

See what I mean? You desperately need to refocus your mind away from negative thoughts that are causing your scaredness. Tell me, what things do you do to relax or take your mind off stuff?

Play football (soccer) and (gonna sound boring) code (Computer Science student lol).

Yeah, I’ve had the same type of fluctuations when coming off. After I stopped sp, I was fully recovered after a week, then I gradually went down again, then up again and then one evening it was rock bottom. I’ve had small fluctuations since, it’s like my body tries to go back to its normal state, but just can’t due to whatever factor. Maybe there is some feedback loop preventing from getting normal, idk.

Keep doing these and other things to relax and have fun and enjoy life…then you will be far less focused on every single movement or feeling of your penis.

Still haven’t seen much of an improvement since 4 days ago, although it’s definitely much better than it was 1-3 days after taking the pill. I’m worried I’ll never go back to full since it’s been like 9 days since taking it.

Should I give it 14 days? 3 months?