Early gene changes induced by isotretinoin in the skin provide clues to its mechanism of action

No it might not be gone, Accutane might only treat p.acnes on the skin. Theres been studies on this.

"Infection, Immunity, and Allergy caused by Propionibacterium acnes "

Dear Colleagues,

Propionibacterium acnes , formerly known as Corynebacterium parvum and currently referred to as Cutibacterium acnes , is a gram-positive anaerobic bacterium that is part of the normal microbiota of the skin, oral cavity and gastrointestinal and genitourinary tracts. P. acnes survives intracellularly and persists in macrophages without intracellular replication. An overload of P. acnes in macrophages induces autophagy and some P. acnes remain persistent within these cells. Intracellular P. acnes has been identified in alveolar and sinus macrophages in the lungs and lymph nodes, respectively, and colonies of P. acnes have been isolated from peripheral lungs and mediastinal lymph nodes, even in the absence of inflammation. The bacterium can also invade epithelial cells and has been found to persist intracellularly in prostate glands, where it may lead to the development of disease. The mechanisms that allow us to tolerate the presence of P. acnes in our body without eliciting destructive inflammation are unknown. Alternatively, inflammatory conditions potentially caused by this commensal bacterium have been reported in some patients with diseases of unknown causes. The aim of this Special Issue is to report an overview of the latest research on the complexed interaction between infection, immunity, and hypersensitivity caused by P. acnes and/or other commensal microorganisms that are thought to be normally symbiotic in the human body.

Have been thinking about a possibility of retinol not retinoic acid being the key issue.

Its the alteration that stands out in studies, finding a bacteria that increase retinol to ra may be futile and terrible counter productive.

Not doubting your eyefloater issue, but is this due to too much ra or retinol ?

Time to reflect.

It was over the counter vitamin a supplements. I’ve been studying the vitreous layer of the eye recently. See my latest post. It’s composed mainly of collagen and
hyaluronic acid. Collagen deposits are probably the eye floaters.

On accutane serum retinol doesn’t go up much, yet skin retinol goes way up over normal, speaking from my symptoms, I feel skin retinol is too low now or extra retional is just acting like a bandaid due to sebum and bacteria reduction. Still don’t have this sussed out yet.

Eye floaters are a common occurrence without vitamin A but I guess what’s normal for us and whats normal for non accutane patients is up for debate.

I guess future studies could look into retinol gut obsorption after accutane, this would be a great help.