Does insomnia ever improve?

Yeh mate I appreciate that. Stuff I could have even a year ago “already with years of well established PFS” I can’t go near now. My allergic/I intolerance list has just continued to grow. I returned to chicken after a full year off and the reactions to that subsided with time as long as I don’t have it too often. I am/was running out of things to eat. Almost everything hits me. Some in a very bad way. Even with trial and error it’s often like chasing a moving target.

What symptoms do you get when you eat the wrong kinds of food?

Cold limbs, pins and needles, increased anxiety, bloating, louder tinnitus, bleeding gums, sleepiness, sweats, diarrhea, rectum bleeding, even more strength loss, dryer skin, greater urination, hooded eye gets worse It can aggravate most of my symptoms tbh Carbs actually improve my mood then I fall off a cliff the next day, obviously seratonin then the receptor issue with carbs.

For me it improved big time. After crash it was impossible to sleep or like 3-5 hours if at all,

Now i can sleep good deep 8-9h. Except when i get stressed of anxious before bed time

2 Likes

Just remembered this forum which helped me a lot over a year ago. I’m doing much much better now. I still don’t sleep as long as before the AI fucked me but it’s enough now. Usually 7 hours or so, usually wake up once a night. Mentally feeling fine… working full time. It took a year for the suicidal depression to lift and a few months after to feel pretty normal. I didn’t have much sexual sides but that’s all fine now too. I only take 1mg melatonin for sleeo now.

3 Likes

I had insomnia for >2 years before starting finasteride. Where I had to take benzo’s to get to sleep. Eventually their effects wore out, because my body got used to it.

I never got over the insomnia. But over time became less sensitive to the stress that caused the overthinking and consequently insomnia, which made it easier to go to sleep. I always used meditation as a way to let go of the thoughts.

Highly recommend getting into it. Meditate for at least a two months every day for at least ten minutes using a guidance app. You’ll get the hang of it, and once you do it’s easier to let go of disturbing thoughts. Just my two cents.

1 Like

I agree I’ve dabbled with meditation too. What I found very helpful was doing the Wim Hof method practices. I only had cold showers since Jan and I do the breathing exercises a few times a week. I should do it more! I found the breathing exercises to be more beneficial than guided meditation, like headspace, but guess they are different.