Do we have anything to look forward to?

@pvdl would be better you leave this forum when you can only spread pessimism

2 Likes

Actually @pvdl is being realistic about a lot of stuff, despite that from side it looks pesimistic. All that chat here about editing the genes in 10 years mark, it just won’t happen, look at the medicine and at what pace is developing, they can’t fix one osteoarthritis, or osteoporosis what about PFS where the osteoporosis is just one of the sides you can get… Anyway, I hope I will get proved wrong tho!

Maybe wwIII…Then we can all get blown up together and nobody will suffer or their families won’t have to suffer we will all go together quickly…

Give it a rest guys @pvdl @lakehouse . Please keep personal spats off the forum and be midful of the rules regarding civility https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq#be-civil. Removed/edited posts which were completely irrelevant to the discussion of the thread.

1 Like

I honestly believe you want someone to come along and tell you everything is going to be alright and that’s not a crime but you have to understand there is people like myself hanging on by a thread and to hear you come up with the same rhetoric is annoying. We won’t have to use CRISPR to edit our genes we just need to find a way to target the genes that have been methylated and demethylate them that’s how we fix this mess. There will be much less resistance to this approach as opposed to editing a gene.

1 Like

I agree. If we can’t have answers today, support would be a nice alternative to a near constant dose of “reality” served up in the most depressing of terms. Please consider the community at large. If we must live with this for a while, I’d rather be hopeful in that time rather than despairing.

7 Likes

Spot on.

1 Like

“It won’t happen”

According to who? You guys keep saying that but in reality you guys have just as much of an idea as those of us that are optimistic.

hilarious how being pessimistic is forced as being “real”.

Either way, I don’t believe I made any declarative statements, I try my best to show that it’s an opinion of mine.

1 Like

Anyone who is pessimistic should be doing everything they can to publicize the surveys or to raise money for study of our syndrome. In a way, pessimism is good, because it’s indicative of absence of illusion that a cure might fall into our laps without anyone doing anything, as if there are fairies that just fly around curing diseases for no reason. A cure can only come after we get research funded. But just going around crying and not doing anything is stupid and counterproductive.

As far as I’m concerned, pessimism is good if accompanied by work to advance the community (I.e., get science funded/started). Likewise optimism. But people sitting around talking instead of doing just ensure we are all screwed.

3 Likes

What is the answer for a thread subject now?

Where can you get sage 217.