Do I have it post finasteride syndrome?

does this sound like full blown post finasteride. Took finestride for 2 weeks started to look up some effects then immediately got them. Stopped taking the medicine felt better then after a week felt like crap no sex drive nothing . Now over a year later I still have some low libido problems but it seems to coincide with low mood. I have sex more then one a week .but sometimes it just does not feel the same. St johns wort helped so much with my depression and working out helps my sex drove a little. I had my trstoerone tested 3 times twice it came back below 300 then another time it came back 500. Ive struggled with things like this before the finestride. But it seemed to have made it worse. Im going to an endocronologist the 22nd to see that is going on. Like I said the only thing irregular I’ve had on my blood work was the testoterone. And another note I have horrible insomnia but ive also had that before the medicine. I just felt more fatigued after

Do you have genital numbness?

1 Like

I’m actually scared . Idk. Its been a crazy ride. Ive seen people have lost jobs and girlfreinds from this luckily I have not lost anything almost did because of low mood tho. Ive gotten my dream job i have my own place i have a great girl. I just don’t feel like a man sometimes if that makes sense. But other times I doo. Its almost like im bipolar or somthing . Like 2 weeks ago I had sex and it felt amazing not just good and I was rock solid … Like i only lasted like 10 mins because it felt like my first time again. But after that its just been blah again. I just really need some input here . It would be greatly appreciated

I feel like underneath my penis is a little less sensitive. But sometimes its so sensitive that I have a hard time lasting while having sex lol. I always have to tell my girl to slow down. The only thing that bothers me is lack of libido and sometimes not being able to get fully hard but im also amxious about sex when that happens . I had bad brain fog and stuff too but that also went away.

Can you elaborate on more about feeling less like a ‘‘man’’? Do you feel too emotional, almost feminine like sometimes? Mood swings? How is it? Only you can decide if you recovered from your sexual sides or not. Think clearly on that one. Face with it if you have to.

I dont have mood swings anymore but I did have them really bad. And yea i guess you could say im a little more bitchy I guess. Things bother me that I know shouldn’t. I get emotiona. But I mostly just feel like I cant enjoy life most days … and i don’t think I’ve fully recovered but I have been getting better , thats for sure. I had no connection down there for a while then all of the sudden things started looking up. Still have bad days but I dont feel like my life is completely meaningless anymore . I have sex i can get a full erection im just not as sexual as i was. Like my sex drive is less . But that also fluctuates . Its odd. And it all coincides with my mood. The days im not depressed im good to go. My anxiety was also horrible in the beginning along with pain everywhere. Felt like I was on fire if that makes sense. Now that is also gone. Im feeling optimistic but at the same time still freaked out… i just want to feel like my self 100 percent again. I think back on it tho and I’ve always had these problems to an extent . Idk. I can work out ive gained a ton of muscle people make comments about how good I look. So I guess thats a good thing also I see on here that alot of people can’t work out . I just wish my testoerone was normal. I can like feel that its low . Idk if that sounds crazy or not .I just feel like an old man sometimes

My man, if you have low T, and only have problems with libido, then TRT might change your life…
Your case is one of the few where i would recommend to invest in a good doctor…

Thats what I’m going to do… ive been working out nonstop creatine suplement has helped a ton with that by the way. I was 160 when I started now in in the mid 180 range with lean musle mass . I woke up today and had sex and it felt normal . I took benedryl for the past 3 nights and have slept 6 to 7 consecutive hours in a row . I usually wake up every 2 hours… last night I did not take it and still slept semi normal. Working out right now as we speak . And if you read about it . Creatine actually increases dht in males . Maybe that helped me . I also take notric oxide supplements along with d3 omega 3s and zink. I have been living in a hell for over a year . I just hope this stays . And my right testicle was shunk for a long time too and that honestly just started to get bigger. Sometimes I would come and nothing would come out also. That freaked me out really bad too. But going to qnd endo the 22nd of this month to talk about trt . The worst part about all this was the brain fog. I almost lost my career as an electrician because of it. My vision was also blurry for a long time . Another thing I think that helped was adding st johns wort to my regimine . I use perkia . The same one used in clinical trials . I noticed positive effects with that after about a month . Idk I see so many people on here struggling with problems but I truly belive that this is reversible. I still don’t feel 100 percent but im getting better. One more thing . I also noticed my sideburns started to thin after taking finestride that has not stopped . Wonder if that caused it or the stress that came along with all of this. For a while I thought about suicide weekly. Now I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe this will help someone maybe it won’t. But I think staying positive helps … one more thing I want to add is I had horrible nerve pain tremmors and twithcing from this too. And they started to subside also . Still have some twitching and cramps tho. Qnd my sense of smell was dulled . I honestly thought I had parkinsons then I read on here that other people on here also struggled with these things. And I just wanted to add that I took the pill for a month and a half before I got sides