Daily Crash, Cortisol Related?

Very sorry to hear that. I see you quit Rogaine in July. Like you said, some natural improvements could be around the corner. Hang in there!

1 Like

24 hour cortisol and cortisone were on the lower end but not under range.

Hi MS11,
What you describe is has been one of the defining factors of my PFS presentation - that being it is cyclical in nature. I too have the mini-crashes during the day. The only thing that relieves it is sleep. At the start of a phase the tired foggy feeling starts early and finishes when the sun goes down. As the phase recedes the symptoms diminish earlier in the day until i have a period without a crash event. This has been going on for almost three years now. I also note that when I’m in one of the phases, i have a lot more akathisia (restless legs) of a night. A couple of things can bring it on: 1.topical testosterone, 2. Sildenfil type medications and heat.During a phase my vision, libido and ED are a lot worse too. It may be related to cortisol/ melatonin balance - though i don’t feel tired when symptoms lift - It certainly seems influenced by circadian rhythms though. I also suspect Nitric Oxide and Acetylecholine play a part.
Sadly I’ve not found anything that helps other than time.

4 Likes