Prostate atrophy?

Hey guys,

While this might seem almost too straightforward, this has been on my mind since receiving my Pelvic MRI a few weeks back. The purpose of the MRI was to see if there was any vessel blockage preventing semen from coming through, but they found none. What they did find was “Prostate atrophy with diffuse low T2 signal in the peripheral zone. No suspicious findings for intermediate or high-grade neoplasia.”

Not sure how much this has been discussed on the forum, but what if all our persistent side-effects are coming from a shrunken or atrophied prostate? Of course there are many other things that Finasteride effects, but I’d like to open a discussion around how an atrophied prostate affects us. As we know, Proscar/Finasteride was designed first-and-foremost as a drug to reduce Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), or an enlarged prostate. Through reduction of DHT, the prostate is shrunken, robbed of it’s function.

Would it not seem plausible that if a prostate has taken a reduction in size (ie. it has less operable cells than before), that it would also have a reduction in function? Some of the roles of the prostate and the ultimate cause for our symptoms:

• weak ejaculation: This is probably the most common and easily seen physical symptoms of PFS - An atrophied prostate definitely explains the reduced and non-forceful ejaculate as the prostate muscle is simply not as strong as it once was, thus, it’s weakend pumping mechanism is only capable of shooting out little dribbles.
  • Poor, weakened erections: The prostate erection nerves are responsible for erections. These nerves trigger the penis to swell and harden with extra blood flow into it, producing an erection. A atrophied prostate MAY have an effect on the maintenence of these nerves, leading to an erection that is <50% of what it once was.
  • Reduction of 5a-reductace - The prostate gland is an area of the body where the crucial enzyme, 5-alpha-reductase, is acutely gathered. As we all know, this enzyme converts the hormone testosterone in the body to DHT (dihydrotestosterone), which is at least ten times more powerful than simple testosterone. The prostate being a central location of where this enzyme is hosted would lead one to assume that an atrophied prostate would no longer be able to support the 5a enzyme, leading us to forever be able to produce testosterone, but always have a reduction in the conversion to DHT. This reduction in enzyme also leads to countless downstream effects that can also have an effect on neurosteroid levels, gut flora, and a host of mental sides. It would be interesting to see how these are all mapped out.

My questions are:

• Would increasing our prostate size have an impact on improving it’s role in sexual function and enzyme production?
  • Why does the prostate not go back to its original size pre-fin?
  • How would we be able to increase our prostate size? De-atrophy prostate.

Happy to share the rest of my results of the MRI. But I’m wondering if so much of our problems have to do with a prostate that has remained atrophied from FIN use.

3 Likes

Very interesting theory. I alresdy podtedbsonething similiar but just as a hypotesis, with no data. Only one guy i remember that posted that he had a “ridiculous” low prostate.
What is your prostate size?

1 Like

And how do you thicken prostate, sorry? :confused:

Is there a way to increase the size of the prostate

1 Like

And what would it be, friend?

And if it gets too big? You know what they give us then? Saw Palmetto or Finasteride.

In fact, to have an small prostate is a risk of prostate cancer, while havibg a big prostate, HBP. That is why most people take finas for making the prostate smaller.

It’s in the brain. Some of us have extreme mental sides and little sexual sides

2 Likes

It’s interesting.
My urologist said me that I have a very small prostate that it’s difficult to touch.
Probably too much retracted due to finasteride. With only Saw Palmetto in fact my penis size was perfect.

1 Like

Stanolone or mesterolone or DHT derivates.

2 Likes

Doesn’t add up when women can suffer with this.

1 Like

Questi ingrossano la prostata?

Normally they cause prostate growth.

another thread i just want to reply no to. think about what you’re saying. neurological, physical (muscle atrophy, skin alterations, etc), and sexual sides FROM prostate atrophy… no

prostate atrophy is most likely a symptom from alterations to androgen signaling

5 Likes

I already had this theory on my mind. There are cases in which prostatitis can influence libido and erection quality, so there is a connection.

When I was on antibiotics (penicilin) I was completly cured during the treatment, and it came to my mind that there was some inflammation on my prostate or something.

I definitely believe this. However, I recently had an ultrasound of my prostate and they said it was normal. But ultrasound is not as high of a resolution as a pelvic floor MRI. But they don’t want to give me one, so I’d have to pay for it privately. But yeah, it’s definitely prostate related, since that’s what finasteride mainly affects.

Thanks Disagree it’s a symptom not a cause. I took the pill for two days and all hell literally broke loose (could barely walk) this wasn’t because my prostate shrunk in two days

1 Like

I definitely think OP is on to something. The side effects are the same that I’ve been experiencing as well.

If these steroids can increase prostate size, can anyone validate? Can the prostate be healed back to its pre-fin state?

women do have prostate too

@SolutionSeekee in theory supplementing dht would make the prostate grow,but unfortenly studys have proven that intraprostatic dht activity isnt influenced by blood level

Can Proviron increase prostate size?