coconut and Castor oil for thyroid.

many have found coconut oil to be very helpful and I think this is true. There is connection between thryoid and coconut oil.

healthiertalk.com/how-coconu … metabolism

i have read many good things about coconut oil, and i use it often and love it

fyi coconut oil is a 5ar inhibitor

aaaaa it is?? da heck?? can you link to the sources/info cos i think this is the second time i’ve heard about that?

i have heard of about a million things that are 5ar inhibitors besides coconut oil … example, acai berry, i drank it in it purest form for years before propecia and never had anything but positive things from it … i used finasteride for 2.5 months and was completely destroyed … you guys do the math

I don’t know if it is 5AR. All I know in India, Sri Lanka, Bangla dash, Pakistan, Thiland, Filipine and many other countries it is eaten raw, it’s oil applied on skin, food is cooked in it’s oil, sweets are made from it. In India it is part of the food. In my childhood I used coconut oil extensively for my head hair like many thousand young boys and girls. What do you think? why they are not destroyed. The population should be on decline in these countries. Can you use finasteride or saw palmetto in all these ways? if you ever cooked your food in SP or finasteride ( in the same amount as you use coconut oil) you would be dead within few days.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 … 5/abstract

bryce54
I think you are talking of Lauric acid? which is fraction of Coconut oil en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_oil. You are comparing oranges to apples. very wrong argument.if you go this way you can find unsuitable/dangerous compounds in every natural food. Betasitosterol is found in many grains and nuts( wheat, walnuts etc) but does not cause any sides because it is balanced by other compounds when whole grains are used. Only when some thing is refined or extracted it becomes dangerous. It’s properties change completely.
The simple thing is look at the people. if people have been using a particular food for hundred of years it is safe.
you can never answer me why million of people using Coconut and it’s oil all over the world are not sick. why many children applying coconut oil on their scalp never get any sides. you apply SP extract on your scalp for few days/weeks and you will the differnce

I don’t want to write more it is pretty much self explanatory and common sense.

the link you posted said it contains a large proportion of lauric acid(lol). the study i posted was on medium chain fatty acids & coconut oil contains 66% medium chain fatty acids.

and the thought process is that if fin fucked up our 5AR, i don’t think you’d want to keep inhibiting it even farther. it is obviously safe for a normal person, but i wouldn’t want to risk it with PFS.

but i really dont give a fuck what you put in your body, so keep doing it if you are that stupid, but i just posted it for information so people don’t make a potential mistake and get worse

Ahhaha, welp there goes 3 liters of coconut oil then, welcome ghee. Thanks for info bryce54! I agree fully that any 5AR inhib. activity should be avoided post-finasteride, too bad as this stuff is pretty good when it comes to anti-fungal activity (if doing GAPS or other anti-candida protocol).

I disagree. The potency and bioavailability isn’t described and it’s unlikely to have much affect on androgen metabolism. Green tea is a 5 AR inhibitor and it’s a part of my diet. I drink about 3 cups a day.

many posters(here) and many websites swear that vitamin D3 is a 5AR inhibitor too.I have been on VitD3 for the last three years and VitD3 has been very helpful. I am happy I used Vitamin D3 first and learned later that it is 5ARi. Otherwise I might have not touched it. So why Vit D3 did not cause any sides but lifted my brain fog and improved my body a lot?
why so many PFS sufferers are finding Vit D3 is helpful.?

i actually did have a negative reaction to green tea, but that was just my experience. i didnt know it was a 5ar inhibitor, but that makes sense now. however, everyone reacts bad to different stuff around here so who knows if that was the actual reason. i also read green tea was high in fluoride, which could theoritcally do damage to the thryoid, but i really dk. but ur body, ur choice.

sps, shut the fuck up, you sound just like my doctors where i have to argue with them over if PFS is real or not. vitamin D is a fucking hormone, coconut oil is not. this is what comparing apples to oranges is. and i doubt that vitamin D inhibits 5AR, but feel free to share the information with the rest of us to prove me wrong because unlike you, i don’t get my panties in a bunch and try to have a debate over straight facts

np man, and i agree with the fungal thing. the whole reason i looked into it intially was because of the fungal thing, but i remember it because many things i was taking i would search online if it was a 5AR inhibitor or not before i took it as i didnt want to do any more inhibition as u said.

bryce54
hold your language. Don’t use your dirty language here.For the time being, for the respect of forum, I am trying to avoid you like people avoid a piece of shit. But if you think I know fewer swear words than you, then be my guest. I will not disappoint you. you Show me any post where any body suffering from sides of Lauric acid. I challenged before and challenge again just give me any post, just a single post where any body has suffered after using Coconut oil (by eating or applying on his body). It is a food. It is eaten all over the world in different shape. Finasteride or saw palmetto is not food. It is a poison which some money greedy people promoted.
For any body who is interested about anti fungal properties of Coconut oil, my fungus infection has gone completely after using Coconut oil in only two to three weeks.

I bought organic virgin coconut oil for grilling my steaks. to my surprise, after a few days I started to notice an improvement in digestion. continued to use for weeks and eating raw 1 tablespoon. suddenly, I began to notice an increase in skin oils, hair loss, increase in libido, more rigid erections.

do not know why. I have some hypotheses:

(1) 5alpha reductase inhibition

coconut oil is DHT inhibitor. Exists a rebound effect in the production of enzymes 5alpha reductase after inhibition. after consuming the body produces more enzymes .

(2) Autoimune relief

The auoimune system inhibits the 5alpha reductase and coconut oil is a 5alpha reductase. The autoimune system stop to inhibits the enzime.

(3) boost thyroid. I remember when I used T4, increased skin oiliness, but remember not to increase libido and erection.

(4) Kill Candida

PFS is the source of an infestation by candida.

(5) coincidence

started to recover well in time that I started using coconut oil.

I use coconut oil to cook with and rub it from head to toe after morning shower and before bed. My skin is F’d from whatever it is propecia caused…and coconut oil has helped me improve my diet and the moisture in my skin…i don’t give an F what anyone says…it’s certainly better for you than other cooking oils and is also certainly better for your skin than lotions ridden with toxins and ingredients nobody on earth knows what they are.

The results are proven more helpful than harmful in my case for sure. If anything I’ve improved because of coconut oil rather than regressed.

I am happy you guys feel better on Coconut oil. But some people are nuts. you can not help them.Coconut is a food, simple is that. Saw palmetto or Finasteride is not. People should understand this. Just after reading some BS somewhere and then jumping about Coconut that it is dangerous or poisonous does not make sense at all. Go to India, Srinlanka, Bangla dash or other country and see this is grown in almost every house and people love it, eat it,use it in a lot of sweets.
when I was taking Acupuncture (which I mention here) I developed Eczema and fungus. I was so worried. My dr gave me two creams: antibiotic and steroids.I did not use them. I simply used Coconut oil and today I have no trace of these stubborn fungus/Eczema, thanks God.

I’m using coconut oil as a food and as a hair conditioner. I don’t think it’s harmful.

after bryce54’s posts, I searched and got my hands into studies about coconut oil… and what you know: I have two studies (or three? can’t remember, can’t be arsed to check my vaults) which directly imply that indeed coconut oil is a DHT inhibitors. Causes the temporary upswing for me that goes away after time, same that backfromhell described.

RE: “everyone else uses it, it’s from nature, ergo it must be good and harmless to you”, Search your stuff man.

Saw palmetto is “natural” and so is mango and green tea, yet both have substances that are 5-a inhibitors. In mango’s case it is mangiferin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangiferin), not to mention if your adrenals are busted you absolutely HAVE to avoid cafeine as it’ll just fucks up your adrenal glands (and thus health) all the time. Even the natives who used it originally didn’t consume it all the time. Alcohol is produced with a “natural” process of fermentation yet any PFS person knows that alcohol increases estrogen artificially and harms liver. A goddamn broccoli is used in a protocol to control prostatitis problems to great effect. Inulin is something of a sugar extracted from tube/root vegetables like artichoke if i remember correctly and health fad people use it as a sweetener replacements and for gut flora benefits, yet in studies it’s been shown to change the gut flora permanently and possibly not in a beneficial way.

Basically realize that anything you put inside you (especially real, natural foods) have lot of complex substances that get processed to varying degrees depending of the individual. Feel free to fuck up your recovery for the fake temporary improvements but excuse those of us who are serious about their recovery - coconut oil is obviously alright for majority of people who are healthy and can tolerate slight/occasional DHT inhibition, but for us it’s definitely not worth it.