Checked myself into hospital for help with Insomnia. What drugs are safe

I’m seeking help at a hospital as I haven’t slept in days. What drugs can I tell them are safe for PFS people. They are probably going to administer some type of sleep aid

Apparently Balsomra:

I’d recommend trying Low Dose Naltrexone if you can get it.

It’s very safe and has little or no side effects.

2 Likes

I thought you could fall into a light sleep, you haven’t slept at all?

At the hospital they’re just gonna give you stuff like anti-depressants (which can cause PFS) or ambien which I don’t much about. Or convince them to give you that Balsomra drug Anonymous recommends if you can afford it.

Just keep in mind you won’t die from not sleeping as long as you rest at night in bed. If you’re up doing stuff then you could die, so remember to rest even if the drugs don’t work or you opt out of taking them.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I just hit a point of desperation. I thought I was getting light sleep but it feels like nothing. Earliest sleep study I can get is more than a month away. I figured I could at least get some doctors lined up and get something to give me a whole night sleep here or there. I’m mentally desperate. Dont want this to end badly

Is it safe for PFS people

That would be off label ? Says it’s for AIDS?

Psych came by and is recommending a short supply of Benzodiazepines. Any advice? This is just a short term solution. Long term is to come up with a safe strategy keeping PFS in mind. (I hope)

I assume it’s safe for those with PFS - the link I posted is someone here with PFS getting relief from it.

1 Like

From a search on here Benzodiazepines seem to have been used by people on here.

I’m not giving you the go-ahead though, you should take a look yourself.

So the drug is Clonazepam 1mg. They only gave me 4 to get through to next week when I can see a doctor. Hopefully I can get a good nights rest and then cycle some more herbal treatments.

LDN is mainly used for immune related conditions.

But its not a widely used drug.

Generally speaking you have to get it from an LDN Doctor.

So does it help with sleep. I dont see that mentioned anywhere

It improves the quality of sleep but at the start it can make sleep worse for some people.

1 Like

Unfortunately, they probably cannot help you because PFS is too [bleeping] complex and untreatable.

anonymous1968

• I stopped sleeping normally in summer 2014 and stopped sleeping AT ALL Nov 2014-April 2015

• I was able to zombie sleep 7-8 hrs a night until Dec 2016 by nightly taking both:

• mirtazapine/remeron 30mg (prescribed off-label to promote REM sleep)

• nortryptaline100mg

• I stopped sleeping AT ALL from Dec 2016 for ONE YEAR (but basically was OK unbelievably)

In Dec 2017 my near prescribed Balsomra. It is ridiculously expensive ($15 a pill!) but my ins. covers it.

http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/b/belsomra/belsomra_pi.pdf

I have recently discovered that INTENSE late night exercise PLUS new sleep drug Balsomra currently puts me to “sleep/heavy rest” for 6+ hours.

I bike for 30+ minutes INTENSELY plus 25 pushups. So y’all can try it too.

1 Like

I spent 7 weeks in the hospital.

Exactly zero of the 50+ docs/neuros/urologists/psychologists who “treated” me took my VERBAL explanations of PFS seriously.

But my current neuro FINALLY believed me when I showed him this:

https://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/ansm-warning-of-propecia-induced-depression-and-suicidal-ideation-prompts-media-attention/

The translated French FDA warning (that 30K French men suffer from PFS:

https://files.constantcontact.com/dcf09377601/068f04de-97e0-40e5-84c3-92dbae786f55.pdf?ver=1513570390000

Show your docs these.

1 Like

I took a 1mg klonopin last night. I also took calcium and Magnesium to help. My Fitbit says I slept 11 hours which I dont think it true. It’s probably more like 6-7.

Those days of 8 hours of sleep earlier in the week is how the Fitbit interprets zombie sleep

i use trazodone, it works. is a old-style antidepressant, very safe. in small dosages works as a tretament for insomnia

How lol omg have you had insomnia? Has it improved at all over time. Do you use glycine, magnesium, valerian or any of that other stuff