Changes in Body Odor and/or Earwax production

I have developed this as well. Found this thread after doing research on why I produce very little earwax.

And as @Dubya_B pointed out it’s due to malfunction of the apocrine glands.

They’re found in the armpit, ear, groin, eye lids etc and produce the “oily” kind of sweat that bacteria enjoy which gives it it’s distinct smell.

This would explain why my penis glans is tinder dry, as apocrine glands is active there as well (or should be).

These glands are inactived until puberty, and some kind of hormonal cascade turn them on. Can’t shake the feeling that fin basically “undid” puberty for us lol.

But they also react to adrenaline. And we know fin affects the PNMT enzyme that is making adrenaline. So it could be either androgens or adrenaline which leads to the malfunction.

In my case I’ve also noticed I produce much less sweat during sexual activity, something I believe adrenaline is regulating.

1 Like

That’s basically how I felt, plus the fatigue, aches and pains, and neurological symptoms.

Had my adrenalines (epinephrine and nor-epinephrine) checked once and they were on the high side. I think these levels vary significantly in short intervals. Still felt the typically-attributed effects of adrenaline back then, though.

1 Like

IIRC they need to be measured in 24h urine, because as you said the level in blood changes all the time.

Also we might run in the same issue that we do with serum DHT, where most of it comes from one organ which may or may not be affected.

There’s a study somewhere that found big changes in the tyrosine metabolism pathway in PFS patients. Dopamine, noradrenaline and adrenaline are metabolites of tyrosine. IIRC it was an sharp increase in the metabolism, not sure what to make of it though.

I used to have a little anxiety (nothing that I couldn’t handle) and would “stress sweat” when holding a presentation etc. After PFS that’s all gone so something definitely changed for me.

That’s just my observations though. I’m sure not everyone is affected in the same way as me.