Can exercise repair PFS sexual dysfunction? (A PFS recoveree “weighs in”)

The short answer is I don’t know but it DRASTICALLY improves - and temporarily impedes - libido and sexual “plumbing” after PFS recovery. So logically it could repair PFS sexual dysfunction and I strongly advise you to exercise one hour a day, like me.

Briefly recapping my story:

• was very athletic until PFS “crash” destroyed me for 2.5 years until June 2017, when ALL PFS maladies 1000% had resolved inexplicably naturally (except sleep dysfunction)
  • during PFS I did not exercise one second, too depressed
  • during PFS I had ZERO libido and ZERO sexual erections
  • I resumed vigorous aerobic exercise in 2018
  • I added back weight lifting this year

Exercise now temporarily usually drastically reduces my libido and makes it very difficult to achieve “quality erections” although I can “force” one if I’m determined.

But 24 hours AFTER exercise, vigorous exercise has obviously enhanced both my libido and “sexual plumbing”! I’m ravenously “horny” and must “pet the snake” several times (if I’m home). [I don’t like discussing this publicly but it’s appropriate on this forum.]

The same things occurred BEFORE PFS to me as well.

So my story may inspire YOU to exercise vigorously DURING PFS. Hopefully, it may repair libido and reconnect brain penis.

My ridiculous pic!

7 Likes

Part of what you are experiencing I think is endorphins being released by the brain during or after exercise.

This is the same premise I think as people taking Low Dose Naltrexone. Which supposedly raises LH, which raises libido and tells the testes to secrete testosterone.

1 Like

How is ldn going?

Thanks for frequently checking in here and giving some hope

I actually don’t feel much of an effect. I went back on TRT since my LH and T were both abnormally low.

1 Like

I’ve started doing intervals (sprints) lately as part of my 10K training. I feel like they significantly improve my condition, maybe even cumulatively (permanently).

There are potential mechanisms at play:

2 Likes

Good to see a positive update from you. How’s your sleep been lately?

How’s your sleep been @Mercked?

Had a streak of improvements earlier last month. Used a moisturizer on my hands twice and now literally back to where I was a year ago.

Sorry to hear that. I hope those improvements come back and soon.

It’s crazy. Benzos, the rare times that I use them, don’t do jack shit to keep me asleep anymore. Thanks for the sentiment. I hope you’ve been doing well yourself.

Just trying to understand something here…
You are saying that you have recovered from PFS…
Can you please tell me if you had genital numbness?
This is as far as i have read from many many stories the most differentiating symptoms of ppl who might recover (Those who dont have it) to those who never recover (Those with the numbness)
Thx

He was given doses of Methylprednisolone which I and others believe is what helped him, he’s the only one on this forum that used that stuff.

2 Likes

Yep exercise or intense exercise cured my issues. I wrote about it in my story section

Why hasn’t anyone else tried it?

Hard to get it prescribed i’d imagine, he went to Mayo Clinic and got the treatment.

Did he get the treatment for his sides or for something else?

I think so it’s in his story you’ll have to check it out

He was given 5 liters of this stuff I don’t think this should go unnoticed as that drug is meant to treat endocrine disorders

1 Like

He says it possibly totally cured his 100%. All those black and white all or nothing words/descriptors make no sense. I smell a rat. Nothing is “possibly” “totally”.

1 Like

What exactly are you suspicious about? I’m pretty sure he’s saying that methyl steroids were possibly responsible for his total recovery.

2 Likes