Calling for Study Participants for First Molecular Level PFS Study EVER ********************

Maybe POST-SSRI sexual dysfunction works through similar pathways to finasteride induced side effects. Look at this too.

Isn’t the “PFS doctor” Dr. Mariano a psychiatrist? Does anyone know what he’s said about this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3358

@dgreene

Awor posted this a while ago about TRAZODONE … you may want to think twice…

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2910996/

Wow. Well there goes that idea.

Thanks awor for reply. I remember asking the Psychiatrist if it would be a problem to take Finasteride together with Paxil. Of course his answer was no…and the Post-Sexual-Dysfunction all in my head…

Thanks dgreene. I tried Trazodone. Got errections from it but did nothing for Libido.

Awor, is the increase to the 3a hsd enzyme the potential key to all our problems?

I think we all need to chill out and just have some patience, i’m fairly certain awor has said about as much as he can without jeapordising the study.

It hard to have patience when we are all suffering some worse than others.I hope and l look forward to a cure or treatment that makes us feel right again.like men are supposed to feel.it looks like things will hopefully go that way,many of us are tryin to fight every day.I have to fight to keep my job family and life together that stupid poison took so much already.it should have never been invented.people at merck who are responsible for this should die a slow cancerous death.lawsuits aren’t enough there should be jail time.

i dont care how long it takes as long as i get better and it is reverible, which is why i wish this study will say if its nerve damage or not

Even if they figure out what the problem is, how will they know how to reverse it? It takes years for a treatment to become available.

Complete speculation. We have no idea what causes sides to be persistant therefore no one has even begun looking for things that might act on that mechanism. Not saying at all there may be anything known currently or that it will likely be an easy fix. I guess we’d move onto pharmacology research if we were so blessed as to figure this out. One step at a time.

I think we all agree w/sorryitookfin that the negligence of marketing a prostate cancer drug for hair loss should be criminal.

Right. So either way, there probably won’t know what could help us out (if there is such a thing) for years.

Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction has been around a lot longer and is probably more prevalent, but there still is no cure for that.

I’m not trying to be a downer, but that’s the reality of our situation.

only person who really knows if we are close or not are those involved in the study…like awor,so hopefully ur wrong and it wont take years.

Androgen resistance from propecia relates to the number of CAG repeats in exon 1 of our androgen receptor genes (Dr Allan Jacobs). Propecia increases the 3a hsd enzyme in PFS sufferers with a high number of exons.

That’s all fine but what domes that mean in English and can it be fixed hopefully it can.I wonder when more info is going to come out from the study.

So are you saying that our persistent side effects are due to up regulate 3a-HSD? How do we fix this?

When is this study by awor going to be published? Do we know if they have actually found the problem?

I

Im not involved in the study. But from what we know - a 3a-HSD inhibitor?

Are there 3a-HSD inhibitors out there? It can’t be that hard to develop one right? The thing that takes time is getting FDA approval ironically…

3a-HSD blocks the effect of DHT. 3a-HSD needs to be removed

I understand indomethacin is a 3a-HSD blocker. Interesting treatment would be indomethacin + DHT, and whether this would permantly put our systems back into our pre pfs state.

Lets wait for the study.

I feel as though taking a 3a-HSD inhibitor would only mask the problem even if it did work. I wonder though if taking it would somehow cause a reaction like the crash some of us here experienced and reverse us back to normal. What I mean is if this inhibitor reversed the methylation or demethylation caused by propecia. But your right, we need to wait. Does anyone know when we’ll know the results though?