Bupropion/Wellbutrin user reports

The exact mechanism is unclear.

Couldn’t it also be that you felt better because of higher testosteron levels? That’s my experience. I felt more energetic when my T was higher due to low dose hCG. When stopping low dose hCG my energy levels plummeted.
After which I started bupropion.

Now I’m on low dose hCG again and bupropion 300mg and it seems like I’m even feeling a little worse than when I was on hCG alone.
But it’s all so hard to measure…

1 Like

So yes, it’s important to provide an accurate timeline and all the variables at play in my experience:

Yes, I was already on TRT at that time. I had been experimenting with TRT on and off for years. Up to that point, it’s benefits were trivial at best. I was very resistant to the idea of going on an anti-depressant (pride, reputation, etc), but I finally gave WB a shot. It was a major game-changer…relieved fatigue, increased libido, motivated me to go back to school, etc.

Then our dog got sick, died, girlfriend decided she wanted to have a baby, she was diagnosed with fertility issues, made me quit TRT (all in that order). After quitting TRT for a while, I started experiencing a LOT of anxiety (abnormal stress responses, even for PFS). Then I stupidly tried adding Prozac to the mix (per dr rec) to try to calm the stress…that did work but gave me Anorgasmia and then ED, so I dropped it.

After cruising along with WB for a bit longer, I found out that it ain’t too good for male fertility either, so I decided it had to go as well. Yes, my anxiety then improved back to normal PFS levels.

Long story short, my benefits only came from the combination of good T levels + Wellbutrin…and it was a stark, unmistakable improvement from anything I had experienced during the prior 8 years or so of PFS.

Just in case anyone is curious, I did also run some more T + Proviron for 2 months last year, was what eventually enabled me to become more functional (without the Wellbutrin), but that is not something I’m recommending here.

2 Likes

I can see that. I’ve tried hcg by itself before and it just doesn’t feel too good for me personally. But if Hcg increases your T enough (without E), that’s great.

I’ve spoken to many guys where WB didn’t do squat, but I think if you fit a certain symptom profile where debilitating fatigue, brain fog (regardless of T) is your top problem, WB is worth a SHOT.

1 Like

It’s worth noting how T (or androgens) has a synergistic relationship with dopamine (Wellbutrin).

2 Likes

With all due respect, I don’t quite follow how this relates to this thread.

I actually first started taking wellbutrin well before I ever took finasteride and it works good for me. I’ve been off it for awhile and I noticed my thinking’s been more unhappy lately. I don’t know if it’s a depression thing or if my shitty life circumstances are bothering me more as time goes on. I do plan on going back on the med soon.

Fwiw, I think it’s a good medicine. Should definitely be prescribed for depression before SSRIs are in my opinion.

1 Like

just an opinion. stop finding silver bullets, even more when it comes to pharma shit. there’s absolutely nothing to do with dopamine and whatever isolated shit we suppose here. trust me, i fucking know what i am talking about, and modestly i’m the smartest motherfucker i know
i just can’t get how you guys insist on this kind of shit. all meds are poison and just a creation of an industry that ONLY care for your money and most of all, for our illness -then the money is born.

stop kidding yourself. act.

Perhaps you should get out more and meet people.

1 Like

oh boy, i do it daily. and it causes me infinite more improvements than a single pharma pill or any non-sense protocol.

also, it makes me less and less imbecile, so i can finally forget my thoughts when stupid ones like “donate to the research” comes to my head.

get real. perhaps you should meet the real world.

Well I hope you start to see some progress on that front as soon as possible.

1. If we’re still performing research in 20 years to understand what’s happened to us, we’ve all failed spectacularly.
  2. We’ve stated numerous times, including in our official response to the Baylor results, that a novel treatment for PFS is highly unlikely to ever be developed. Novel treatments for orphan diseases are extremely rare, take far more capital than we have, and years to develop. Our best bet is to adopt existing technology or that in development (e.g. CRISPR), which means we will likely never need to fund the development of a treatment or cure in our community. We just need to figure out what is going on, and that is achieved through research.

I’m unsure what your posts are trying to achieve - are you just asking patients to…give up? Turn to alternative health protocols that have demonstrably failed the community for 15 years? If it’s the latter, then good luck treating the type of massive gene dysregulation found in Baylor’s results with herbs and natural therapies.

2 Likes

This cannot be emphasised enough. Ever since joining this forum I’ve seen a lot of doom and gloom over the qualm that we’ll never be able to pioneer a “cure” for our problem; we’re aware of this. As Sugarhouse says, the goal is to identify to the pathology then hopefully use existing resources to tackle the issue. Remember this guys.

1 Like

But @SkinDiesel and @Sugarhouse there is some hope to find some key genes in gene region’s wich could be relevant, some feedback cycle from androgen receptors to AR Gene Expression and regulation & mechanism of silenceing AR for example so that we can manipulate with proven technics to s good way.