US.

Found Propeciahelp via PSSDforums.

Am 27, 6 feet, 300 pounds.

Took Effexor.

150 mg.

Clinical depression.

Six years.

Twenty years old.

Twenty six years old, quit for the first time on March 22nd, 2018. Reinstated and quit for good in early September 2018.

Was tapered off over the course of several months first time - 150mg, 75 mg, 37.5 mg, then nothing. Second time around went cold turkey off 150 mg.

About several months in did I realise reduced metabolism in addition to constipation.

Since quitting this drug, I’ve struggled with PSSD symptoms (up to and including long and short term memory problems, brain fog, increased heart rate, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, loud digestion, inability to eat as much as before, lack of concentration, lack of coordination, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, twitching all over body, burning sensation inside of head, anhedonia, increased anxiety, flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, total lack of motivation, long crying spells, cognitive issues, retrograde ejaculation, watery semen, lack of tactile sensitivity, ringing in ears, insomnia, panic attacks and extreme suicidal thoughts.)

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[x] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Confusion
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x] Slurring of Speech
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[x] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x] Muscle Wastage
[x] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[x] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[x] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

No treatment outside of taking fish oil, which stopped months ago.

I can only remember testosterone being low, still want told if it were free or total.

Life was fine until I felt it was time to become drug-free. Ever since March 22nd of 2018, life has been Hell. I’m a grown man who does nothing but stay in his house and rot. I don’t see my condition getting better and most of what goes on has been described above. I realise a lot of former patients are suffering, so I won’t piss and moan about what I undergo. Just wish I could fall asleep and not wake up.

4 Likes

I feel you man. While still suffering from my mystery disease that was similar to hypogonadism, before ever hearing about PFS, PSSD, or that Accutane can cause a similar condition, I would lay around in my home alone lamenting that some higher power wouldn’t just kill me in my sleep or that I couldn’t be cryogenically frozen. Cryogenic freezing just came up in conversation again recently. Thoughts like these are common among us with moderate - severe symptoms.

Drudgingly slow going, but the PFS research, cross-drug patient survey, and everything we are doing here has given some of us reason to wake up in the mornings.

Thanks for participating in the survey. Every bit of help we get is appreciated.

3 Likes

Welcome broken1!

I am sorry you are going through this, but you have taken an important step. Since we are still waking up every morning (sometimes after very little sleep), we have decided to do something about this condition and you have decided to help us by participating in our survey. Thank you!

There are more things you may be able to do that could help our joint cause:

1. Report your experience to the authorities. You will find helpful information here: https://www.propeciahelp.com/report-your-propecia-side-effects-to-drug-regulatory-agencies/

2. Participate in our Genome-wide association study. You will find more information here: Important Announcement: Two Community-Led Research Projects - Please Participate

3. Help with creating awareness. We are looking for people who are willing to go public with their dramatic experience with certain drugs: Are you interested in sharing your story for our Youtube project?

There is a lot of stuff each and every one of us can do to help our cause without much effort. Steady drops hollow the stone!