Boosting AR signaling without affecting expression [Preliminary Work]

It is important that we keep our eye on the ball and focus on finding out what causes this before trying to treat this. I believe this is infinitely more important for a disease such as PFS/PAS/PSSD, unlike other chronic illnesses, because what other illness is there where you eat the wrong vegetable and you could turn into one?

1 Like

I came here to collect data exactly for not finding threads on the substances. As PFS heavily involves the androgen receptor, it was the logical step to do as people may have exacerbated on these and haven’t reported back. I also wanted to share my findings on AR with you in order to have a productive discussion for the sake of the community.

People are desperate for short-term relief and are going to self-experiment anyway. This often involves discussions that lack any sound back-and-forth scientific debates. If you have a scientific background, it’s your duty to at least try providing them an educated guess to minimize potential damage they can inflict on themselves.

It’s not in the least a valid assumption.

That’s hardly a counter-argument. I’ve hoped there could be a productive discussion.

We’re not in the bible business. Our focus is to promote research by institutions which have the capacity, credibility and capability to execute relevant studies, with a holistic view. At the end of the day, that’s what we need: True molecular level understanding of our problem and not more theories/beliefs/hypothesis.

Short-term relief is as important as long-term cure that could take a decade or two (or even more). Especially when people are going to self-experiment either way.

I rest my case. I will neither force my ideology on you nor practice it within your domain. Thus, I will take my leave to a place I’m appreciated.

Good luck with your endeavors!

11 Likes

While I can’t speak on behalf of the community with complete confidence, I suspect most of us would have preferred this thread to involve discussion, even debate of the merits of what a clearly knowledgeable newcomer is saying. I didn’t interpret his style as particularly rude, but rather very direct.

I don’t see him violating any of the tenets of this forum - he is simply offering his well-reasoned opinion. Instead of patronising him, I and others would prefer the ideas themselves to be teased out and if possible refuted, rather than his manner condemned. It’s too simplistic a reaction and it shuts down meaningful discussion which may have the potential to benefit us.

8 Likes

Very unprofessional to patronize a newcomer. Yes the likelyhood that anything works with PFS is extremely low and the risks involved with experimentation high, but that shouldnt be an excuse to patronize a newcomer with a snobby tone.

After all, axo and awor have zero clue what PFS is either or what can or can not help. Zero clue.

4 Likes

keep it up @DeRa
you have proved your PSSD theories multiple times by yourself
a good pharmacist is God

1 Like

I believe that’s the exact reason why they refrain from suggesting treatments and discourage others from doing so.

We have learnt from numerous sources that he is the PSSD forum guru and is asking for / accepting money from PSSD members to find a cure. I personally find this suspect and highly unethical. For the past 12 years I have contributed to the PFS cause in numerous ways, including financially, and have never asked for any money in return from anyone.

Given his background, I am questioning the motives of his post. From a simple search it is obvious that we don’t have any experience with any of these substances. So what is the true point of this “data collecting”? If he is looking to establish his guru status here with the goal to further financially benefit, then I do not want that. However, if he is prepared to step down for a moment, start off fresh by simply asking some questions, having a dialog, instead of ramming this place top-down with his (incorrect) assumptions, then I am fine with that. Overall, I am very interested in PSSD-PFS (and other) collaboration. However, I am not interested in guruism.

Those were the motives for my post, though I do admit that I could have handled it better. Sorry for that.

7 Likes

This is a weird argument. DeRa said he used the search bar and couldn´t find people posting about it. So he wanted to check if maybe other users, used it, who didn´t make a post about it. (many don’t post about their experience)

Here you have it. A guy commenting about his experience. So this alone already proves why this post was usefull, and why the argument you bring up here doesn’t make sense. Because unlike you claim, people here DO have experience with this substance.

Wow, PSSD-PFS wars. Ambitious crossover!

1 Like

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

-Albert Einstein