Blood tests after 10 fin pills

I’ve never had DHT tested but I think I’ll see about getting it done.

I got some updated test results to get a baseline before I start tinkering with hCG or testosterone.

Free T is better than it’s ever been, but it’s matched by really high E (I’ve had some breast tenderness/sensitivity, which supports the idea that it’s way higher than it should be). But with dramatically better free T, I still feel more or less the same. Any ideas?

SHBG still high, but not as high as it has been in the past.

I think most bodybuilding folks would’ve recommended an aromatase inhibitor in this case, but with all the horror stories here, I’d be scared to do it.

Pregnenolone and progesterone are aromatase inhibitors at certain doses though, so perhaps that’s the way to go.

Testosterone, Serum 690 ng/dL 264-916
Testosterone,Free 17.39 ng/dL 5.00-21.00
% Free Testosterone 2.52 % 1.50-4.20
DHT 65 ng/dl 30-85
LH 6.4 mIU/mL 1.7-8.6
Aldosterone 18.3 ng/dL 0.0-30.0
Progesterone 0.3 ng/mL 0.0-0.5
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 78.8 High nmol/L 16.5-55.9
Estrogens, Total 111 High pg/mL 40-115

Really weird how your hormones going up and down like a jojo. But maybe a lot of us are like that, not many people have had the same amount of tests that you have.

I also noticed your Transforming growth factor beta was quite low, that is one pathway that is downregulated according to Baylor study.

This is a quote from the publication.

• “However, transforming growth factor beta and bone morphogenic protein signaling, along with several pathways including neuron differentiation, neurogenesis, and axonogenesis, are pathways that are down-regulated. In addition, the actin cytoskeleton organization cluster was down-regulated. Notably, down-regulated pathways exhibit much higher levels of significance.”

• “However, other studies have found persistent cognitive deficits, which is likely driven by the downregulated pathways that otherwise promote neuron differentiation and nervous cell genesis, such as the transforming growth factor-beta and/or bone morphogenic protein signaling pathways.”

It would be fun if more people would test for those markers and not just the regular hormones. Sadly in Sweden where I live, there is no labs who test exotic markers.

@Cbrandel – good timing with your comment! I just got a new test done. I didn’t test transforming growth factor beta this time, though. I just wanted to get a sense for the T/E ratio and what’s happening with SHBG and LH.

Testosterone, Serum 722 ng/dL 250-1100
Testosterone,Free 75.6 ng/dL 46-224
Testosterone Bioavailable 158.8 ng/dL 110-575
DHT 57 ng/dl 12-65
Estradiol (Ultra-sensitive) 16 pg/mL < OR = 29
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 47 nmol/L 10-50
LH 3.9 mIU/mL 1.5-9.3
FSH 10.2 High mIU/mL 1.6-8.0

What continues to be interesting is bioavailable testosterone is relatively low, while DHT is at the top of the range. It could mean that 5AR is overactive and converts to DHT too quickly.

Some good news is that finally, SHBG is in range, even though it’s still high. I’m pretty confident that this is caused by eating more carbs and more calories generally. I see a lot of people touting paleo/low-carb diets here, and while it could be a solution for some, it was definitely not a good thing for me. Low-carb made it hard to build muscle, and made me lose weight.

Other good news is that estradiol is safely within range. I had been worried that my increased carb intake and strength training would result in more aromatization.

I’m not sure what to make of high FSH. Could be a temporary thing.

Any effects on symptoms @M_C?

I’m feeling a little better than baseline, I’d say. A year of low-stress work and increase calorie intake+exercise has shown results. HIIT bodyweight training has been really great for me. A weekly 24 hour water fast keeps brain fog away. So there is perhaps some correlation between lower SHBG and how I feel.

But the improvements are still so small that I think I’ll need an extra boost to have any chance at recovery. This test has shown that I don’t have a problem with E, so luckily I won’t have to touch any aromatase inhibitors. I’m currently trying BPC-157, and after that I might trial androsterone, if I can find a good source. On the herb side, Cistanche deserticola looks interesting.

1 Like

Well do keep us posted on how they go.

Out of curiosity, which HIIT are you doing?

Stuff like this. I balance it out with bodyweight training exercises that target specific muscle groups for a longer time period and some DCT stretching for the pelvic floor.