Ben's story so far-Need Advice

Wow, had a massage yesterday.

I had the best night’s sleep I’ve had in a couple of weeks last night. I didn’t sleep right through but I did doze on and off after getting 5 hours unbroken sleep.

I also woke up repeatedly with an erection, which can’t be a bad thing and have felt a little more in touch with my libido today.

Obviously this is unlikely to be helpful for all but if you think your symptoms are related to stress and anxiety, I think trying massage could be beneficial.

Thanks for mentioning it @BP86.

2 Likes

New Labs. Looks like everything is pretty normal except for my insulin, which is low… Not sure what to make of it other than I had 2 really hard HIIT workouts the 2 days prior to the test. Could this drive down insulin?? I also eat pretty healthy, mostly GF and low sugar. Anyone have any insight on this?

My testosterone looks good, except free is on the lower end of normal. The funny thing is my serum T is about 100 points higher than when I had it tested 6 months prior to fin.

LH----3.5 (1.7-8.6)
LSH—3.6 (1.5-12.4)
Test serum—649 (264-916)
Test free—11.8 (8.7-25.1)
DHEA-S—324.8 (138.5-475.2)
THS—2.290- (.450-4.500)
Estradiol—29.8 (7.6-42.6)
Insulin—2.1 (2.6-24.9)

I have been doing NOFAP this week and have been feeling pretty good. I had a date this week (no sex) and the days following I was SUPER horny. Like pre-fin horny. I almost forgot what blue balls was like. The bummer is that I know when I bust my nut it will take a few days to bounce back. It is far from the 3 nuts a day I used to be able to bust pre-fin, but I feel that this is a good sign. I also dropped the selegiline for now. I think it made me feel kind of funny. Not really sure, may play around with it in the future. Got a girl coming over this weekend too, wish me luck, y’all!

Quick update. This week has been more on the downer side of things. I was feeling great last week, but as soon as I ended my nofap I slid back to my baseline. Shrinkage seems to be getting slightly worse this week too, but that seems to fluctuate. PFS is the worst rollercoaster ride ever. I also tried pramipexole for a few days this week and though I didn’t get nauseous, it did make me feel very depressed and possibly lowered libido, so I quit. So I think it is safe to say after cabergoline, seligiline, and prami that DA’s don’t do jack for me. This is kind of a huge bummer, but I think for now I am going to take a natural course and stick with supplements as most of my temporary recoveries have happened when I wasn’t on anything but supps. I am getting thyroid tests done next week as well as a diabetes profile since my insulin was low. God help me if I have diabetes on top of this shit I will be pissed. Anyways, wish I had better news to report, but I don’t. Keep at it, fellas. We will beat this shit!

Ben

I just got new labs in and I am curious what people think.

Test total- 625 (264-916

Test free- 13.1 (8-25) LOWISH

DHT- 95 (30-85) HIGH

Hemoglobin A1C- 5.0 (4.8-5.6)

T4- 1.63 (.82-1.77)

DHEAss- 304.3 (138-475)

THS- 3.8 (.450-4.5)

LH- 5.9 (1.7-8.6)

PSA- 1 (0-4)

IGF1-143 (88-246)

Reverse T3- 43.8 (-24) HIGH

Estradol, sensitive- 25.4 (8-35)

Insulin- 5 (2.6-25)

T3- 4.5 (2.0-4.4) HIGH

SHBG- 61.7 (16-56) HIGH

Looks like my thyroid is messed up and high SHBG is likely the reason for my relatively low free T. I’m meeting with an endo next week so hopefully he can help make sense of this. I believe they are going to start by targeting the thyroid. Might consider TRT if I can get my thyroid working again. But I’m cautious about this and would only start with a low dose. I considered clomid, but I believe this might shoot my SHBG up even higher. I also started HGH precursors this week which I’m hoping will help with sleep, but they can take months to have any effect.

Just for a reference my main persistent symptoms include low libido, low energy, and difficulty sleeping.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

-Ben

How do you feel your balls? Are them emtly or full, normally?Since i got pfs i loss the feeling of full balls…they are always emply… even if i stay weeks without ejaculate

How have you been brother ?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and here is my story so far. I took Fin every other day 0.5mg for a week last july hoping it would help me with my thinning hair. After about a week I noticed my dick felt strange, limp, shrunken etc. I stopped immediately. Things sort of bounced back after that, I’ve had my ups and downs, to the point that at times I thought it was all in my head. For a while I was at about 80% I would say. I thought, “OK, if this is as good as it gets I can deal with that”. I even got myself a really great girlfriend (who I desperately don’t want to lose). Then about a week ago I had a bad crash and bottomed out. I have extremely low libido and am experiencing ED for the first time ever. I haven’t felt this bad yet and am so scared right now I don’t know what to do. I’ve actually been having suicidal thoughts for the first time in my life. I don’t understand why I am having this bad crash now 10 months down the road. Please, please, please, anyone who can give me some encouragement or hope would be much appreciated.

Also, as far as protocols go I am mostly just doing diet, exercise and vitamins. I’m actually in great shape, and since this crash have decided to force myself to lift more often. I’m weary of trying sups like trib or anything else as those seem like a gamble, which is how I got here in the first place.

So please, no negativity. I just can’t handle that right now. Positive vibes only, please.

Ben

1 Like