Be careful with tribulus terrestris!

So, you are thinking you have pfs, things can’t be much worse than this, so you can take various supplements if there is any chance that you’ll get better with them. Well, you might be wrong. I was taking tribulus for about a week, (thinking my dht/5ar is low, trib. will raise them, and in worst case scenario it will be harmless), and my condition was severely worsen. I began pissing every hour, anxiety increased, penis shrinked even more, sleep was almost impossible and so on. It seems like trib. further damaged my hypothalamus/pituitary, so think twice about using it. First check your dht/5ar and only if it is low consider taking it, because taking those pills might not be harmless!

2 Likes

I figured if TRT doesn’t help then how would any of these other supps help.

Exactly… but i was thinking 5ar is probably low and this won’t harm anything… And not only that, this whole pfs thing might be caused not by propecia itself but by dht ‘returning back to normal’ and so on… So, increasing it will only result in more chaos.

So how long did you take and how long ago you stopped?do you feel recovered?
I made a post about TribT long ago and showed it is harmful. Please do a search before jumping on something.you are lucky you did not get gyno. some people got gyno from Trib T

I used it before (approximately) 6 months and didn’t get any noticeable bad effect from it… Before 2 or 3 weeks i started using it again, which lasted for about a week.
No, i’m not recovered, i can’t believe how much this shit worsened my situation… i seriously fucked up myself :confused: I can’t get any sleep, my heart is beating like crazy, and i am in a real fuckin’ nightmare right now.

wait it out. take Vit D3 daily.you will be fine.

That’s why I have been avoiding testing shit. I swear if this gets any fucking worse I will have to do something drastic.

That sucks man sorry to hear the trib made u worse. It sucks we don’t what the hell is going on and therefor don’t know what will make it worse or better.

How do your labs look?
If go get done labs right now while u r feeling shitty so at least u can learn what your hormone levels r when u feel the way u feel right now.

I took trib and tongkat ali recently and felt better.

I wonder if the trib causes your estrogen to go up which resulted in u getting worse.

Go get some natural sleep aids from gnc and combine then with bendryl. That should put u out…

If that does not work go to doctor and and get lorspam. Last time I took saw P I felt exactly how u describe how u feel now. I had sever insomnia for 6 weeks. 2 of which I got 0 sleep. Was white as a ghost, lost weight and could not even think straight…

Lorspam got me sleeping again real fast. Now I can sleep with out any help from taking anything

thebetterhealthstore.com/New … ts_08.html

If u continue to not sleep go get all of those things on that list and combine them / cycle them to find what works best .

They work their legit. Don’t over do the bendryl it u try that. My tolerance 2 bendryl is high now so I can take 5 before going to sleep and not stop breathing in the middle of the night lol.

Id start with no more than 2 bendryl with a couple of the common natural sleep aids.

Thanks man… Situation normalized since my last post here regarding insomnia… I am able to sleep now, but almost all steady improvements i got for these two years since crash were negatively affected by trib and i have no idea how much will it take to get back.
And yeah, it seems like it increased my estrogen (my eyes get tearful no matter how much melodramatic gets scene i watch), but i am sure only that couldn’t be responsible for all of this.
Also, situation with tribulus got bad especially after i started taking maca. Real bad combo in my case.

examine.com/supplements/Maca/

That link claims maca is a 5 alpha reductase inhibiter. It’s not the only link I have found that talks about maca being a 5 alpha reductase inhibiter.

If the Maca messed you up I bet that’s why. Maca sounds like it does not work by increasing LH and FSH. It claims it “normalizes hormones”. One of the ways it does this is by reducing DhT it sounds like.

I bet u r sensitive to estrogen because of what ever endocrine issue pFS causes. I think what we all have in common is that we reduced DHT in r body’s by taking DHT inhibiters and all get similar long term symptoms. But as far as what we are all sensitive 2 now in result of a messed up endocrine system is diff from person to person.

For example It seems like I’m not really sensitive to increased estrogen…u are.
I am really sensitive to taking anything that even has the possibility of reducing DHT even a lil but like saw P. So it sounds like this is not an exact science

For

No, no, i am completely sure it is tribulus that caused me problems. I just said, it’s negative impact was more noticeable when i started maca. I mean it’s important for people who are considering taking it.

Tribulus f*cked up my life too. Stay away from it. It’s dangerous.

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like

Okay, I’m here to help / warn people who are thinking of taking tribulus terrestris because they read the experiences of some exalted person on the forum. Tribulus terrestris is a plant that contains different quantities of steroidal saponins, the main saponin in nature is beta-sisterol, a 5-ar inhibitor, present in large quantities in saw palmetto (a plant that has been widely shown to lead to PFS) . I myself, reading the experiences of others, on this forum, I decided to try it (tribulus) and it totally destroyed me, bringing me into such a serious situation that I spend my days in the hope of having a heart attack or dying for any reason, rather than continuing to suffer so much. Tribulus is dangerous.

3 Likes

Herbal supplementation is a game of Russian roulette. You don’t always get what’s promised on the label. Additionally short of taking a pure standardized extract of a target ingredient, there will be undesirable tag alongs. You are definitely not alone in crashing from a bad brand of tribulus containing beta sitosterol and lord knows what else it contained. Other users who have felt worse from taking tribulus, most of whom have recovered:

• hippydoof
  • giantfishtank
  • Johnny5ar
  • Tonster96
  • palmettohexed
  • sibelio
  • droit
  • jinstewart
  • gham

Of the above, I’ve only recorded one user who took Mediherb tribulus, palmettohexed. Maybe also jinstewart, but I am not sure if he used Mediherb, but his setbacks were temporary.

I too am persistently worsened by taking a supplement namely cacao nibs which contains high levels of beta sitosterol and other plant phenols like catechins, resveratrol, quercetin, etc. Some users have completed suicides following the supplementation of these latter compounds. But beta sitosterol is a plant phenol and not a saponin.

What’s imperative is the origin and part of the tribulus used when considering brands. Only tribulus varieties from parts of Eastern Europe such as Bulgaria and Slovakia in the leaf contain high levels of protodioscin which is the primary steroid saponin we want. Many other varieties will have a combination of different saponins levels of protodioscin and protogracillin but with much higher amounts of unfavorable compounds. None of this is to say that even a so-called “good” brand of tribulus could’ve worsened you and the other users I’ve listed. Who knows.

When I took Mediherb Tribulus, I didn’t experience any of the negative anti-androgenic effects via flare-up of past symptoms or new ones one would get from taking something that’s high in plant polyphenols like I did with cacao, but rather only pro-androgenic effects.

Please try to remain hopeful. There is always a chance that you will recover from this.

5 Likes

@Mercked I lost all my hopes. Since I crashed with tribulus, on June, my situation only worsened. My neurological symptoms are killing me. I don’t rembember even how I’m dressed or How I am combed. Nothing. My spacial memory is totally gone. I don’t think recovery is possibile.
All my experiences, even those lived a few hours before, seem to be dreams. The memories inherent in reality are so distant that they seem to be dreams. My medium and short term memory no longer exists.

2 Likes