Baylor's not published. Research in Italy is coming to an end. What are your plans next?

Depends how big is the influence of big pharma over the studies. I am guessing that Baylor takes ages because it’s being stumbled over and over by Merck.

2 Likes

Seriously, why?

You must know something no one else knows.

5 Likes

It is very unfortunate, but this just isn’t possible to publicly share the inner workings of the research in order to protect the scientific process. This isn’t something that is special to this Baylor study but scientific research in general.

Part of the reason this causes so much distress is that guys here are tying their well-being or optimism to single events. It’s much more stable and robust to focus on constantly striving to make progress rather than depending on the Baylor study. If and when it comes out, it will probably add some understanding to the body of scientific knowledge but it’s not like its going to change everything overnight anyway. I’ve said this a million times but its best to focus on making progress where you can which is not this one study.

The length of the scientific research process varies per study and depends on a lot of factors. This is definitely on the longer side. But I have mentioned that another major PFS publication took 5 or 6 years until it got published but the existence of the study was not publicized in advance of the publication so nobody had any idea it took so long.

6 Likes

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about, and he definitely doesn’t know anything special. If there was no intention to publish the study it would have been canceled and that is clearly not the case.

It’s unfortunate the way people talk about this study on here like he is 100% sure that it isn’t going to happen or people are sure that Khera is acting as an agent of Merck. All of these things are false.

3 Likes