Baylor study delayed again

Since he replies to your email, can you ask him any ballpark and whether it will have any effect on the discovery of a cure ( even more so for PAS)? In fact, I am begging you to ask him.

1 Like

In my opinion, Baylor study is focusing on Finasteride effects, not isotretinoin. But Finasteride is 5ar2 inhibitor and isotretinoin is 5ar1 inhibitor. Futhermore, Finasteride inhibit a little 5ar1.
So When the study results outcome PAS suffers can get certain hint from study. Just my opinion.

Can we get an update on this from someone in the know? Is the manuscript under review yet?

1 Like

@moonman1 Please tell is where you are receiving information about this study. Any source would be incredibly beneficial.

2 Likes

when they really hold off the information we should all go in tv shows for public awareness

2 Likes

Where is it? Dr Khera was another star like Melcangi, Harvard was pure shirt bastarde paid by evil Merck!

3 Likes

Someone I know who is close to the foundation said they expect Baylor to come out in September.

3 Likes

Baylor is in 2 parts…The 1st which is in peer review should publish anytime…The 2nd part which compares the Gene’s of pfs patients to controls has not finished and was just started after 6 years from my understanding of @MOONCHILD who talked to mohit drag my feet in person…

1 Like

so which part tells us which genes are methylated?

the first part or second?

The 2nd part…So I have no idea what they looked at or have been doing for the last 6 years…obviously it took time to get all the participants together and formalities…So I think it really got underway in 2015 so I can only guess the first part is more hormone based as we’ve seen before doesn’t really reveal anything about pfs…

But my worry is just now starting to look at the 2nd Gene’s part it could be years more before that is public…

If the first part and study based on hormonal profile and basic stuff took 6 year, then I can guess that the 2 part gene comparison etc are going to take from 12 to 15 years to finish + the required time to be approved for releasing the of the study…

4 Likes

except, we dont know anything to make those assumptions.

cc @Greek can you clear up some confusion here?

I think that is common sense, if something so basic took 6 years and not is even published yet, something so complex as a genetic study and comparison I would multiply (6 year x 2) and maybe I get short, I would multiply it by 3 so, I assuming anytime from 12 to 18 years for them to finish the study (If they are able to get any conclusion).

3 Likes

Can you ask that as a specific question?

In all honesty, I’m not sure I can clear up the confusion. … I’d only be guessing and I’m not sure how helpful it is to guess.

1 Like

Well to be honest, its just a matter of really wanting to push the research forward, and that usually happens only if there is something that might affect so many people (Like ebola or whatever), or if there are a lot of money to get from it (Im sorry, and i know its very controversial, but im really disgusted with those shitty pharma industry companies, that jump every other month with a new Antibody to make the lives of poor cancer patients a couple of months longer, at the cost of being sick the whole time, and having 0 life quality, but hey they lived “statistically” longer…not to mention what such shit might cost the whole community)…Trust me, genetic or no genetics…They can make it happen in less than a year, but again only if they wanted to…

4 Likes

Don’t worry guys it should only be about 20 more years before the first major study of the fatal disease we have will hopefully be out. In the meantime, I wonder if anyone has ever tried cycling herbs and fasting.

4 Likes

Do you know which part of the study tells us which genes are methylated— first part or second?

You spelled conspiracy* wrong btw

I do not. Sorry.

1 Like

It is the 2nd part that deals with the genes from my understanding…The first part is done…