At the end of my tether/Menieres Disease

So about 5 days ago I started experiencing nausea, dizziness followed by extreme vertigo to the point it made me crash to the floor while I was in the kitchen, I didn’t know what was going on to tell you’s the truth but it didn’t subside and my already stricken brain fog is now 10 times worse followed with hazy vision. Since taking Finasteride I had tinnitus in both ears but considerably worse in the left followed with hypercusis, my ears were incredibly sensitive to sound I’m now sure with 100% certainty that I have Menieres Disease my life has become unsustainable having two diseases with no cures and each being significantly devastating by themselves is enough to topple any man in this world. I’m absolutely broken by what Finasteride has done to my life and sheer brutal injury it has caused someone who was at the epitome of health and hadn’t even reached the prime of their lives yet. At this rate it’s not a matter of if I say goodbye to everyone it’s a matter of when.

1 Like

I know it’s hard especially with these new developments. I know it’s easy to be certain of something but just give it a bit and see if it improves, it’s only been 5 days. Suicide isn’t the answer otherwise they win. We need to make some more noise. To see this research through. There’s hope even if it’s hard to see now. Please hang on! x

3 Likes

I know you’re struggling and that this is unfathomably harsh. Nobody would think that this was even possible, let alone that it was happening.

As @bunny88 says, if you disappear the machine rolls on and this keeps happening.

Just as we have seen symptoms appear abruptly, we have also seen moments of recovery come equally unexpectedly. Because of this, when we understand more, I am confident that we will be able to improve things with almost a flick of a switch.

Please hold on.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this my friend, it happened to me so I know how having extreme vertigo in addition to more typical symptoms of this terrible disease can feel like you’re reaching a dead end and there’s no hope. Here is one of my first posts I made here:

New member need help in finding some form of medication to get me through the worst of this.

I may not have a brain left by next week. That’s why I’m resorting to drugs which I have resisted until now. I have diazepam and mirtazepine. I have a loss of senses where nothing seems real and I don’t feel conscious. I was trying to cope with this the best I could the last few months but when I saw the world was titled on its side, I think the game might be up. Impossible to live like this. Severe vestibular disorder plus brain dead pfs. So I suppose try the diazepam then the mirtazepine. I’m terrified that soon will be put in a mental hospital with full dementia and pumped full of drugs to keep me alive.

Complete brain damage going on here. Need to add loss of balance and coordination to symptom list on foundation. Never heard of anything so bad with pfs. I may be dead soon but I want it documented that I lost balance and visual coordination.

I was walking around my house and the floor and walls were literally tilted sideways in my vision. I felt like I was falling backwards sat on a chair, stood at the sink, walking down the road. I was trying to watch football and the pitch looked isometric to me and I kept thinking the players were going to slide down the pitch. As soon as I closed my eyes to try to go to sleep to escape it all, my brain was telling me I was lying vertically and I was sliding down the bed. I was trying to play the video game Halo one day and I was literally pulling the reticle to the side to try to wrestle it back from the sensation in my brain telling me it was going the other way. When I walked out my front door and turned to walk forwards along the pavement, my vision and brain were telling me that the pavement ahead of me was tilting upwards towards me, a bit like the scene in the movie Inception where the city folds towards Leonardo Dicaprio like a pop up folding book. I saw an audiologist and was diagnosed with Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness.

During this time I spent a lot of time reading around on vertigo forums and Menieres disease is also what I said I had (obviously it’s PFS but the symptoms were the same as Menieres). I read those forums because I couldn’t find anyone describing the vertigo I was going through on Propecia Help or other PFS forums. However, one user from here did speak of another PFS patient who said he spoke of seeing his TV stand tilted on its side. When I asked this user about the other guy and what happened with their symptoms, the user told me “it passed”. And it has passed for me too. Mostly. I still get random instances of it that last a second/a few seconds but my vision is largely as it should be now and It’s rare that I get that feeling of falling. What I’m trying to convey to you is that this can get better. It took a long time but it’s definitely an area of my symptoms that has seen good improvement.

1 Like

I had this about 4 years ago for approx a month then it subsided. However I already had tinnitus in my left ear I now have it in both but these other side’s including the vomiting recur only occasionally now. Hang on mate its a rollercoaster some symptoms come and go where as others remain but I do feel most of these new ones will disipate relatively soon

3 Likes