Am I having a crash?

I have a bit of Ball shrinkage but it looks much better now, still have libido and can have sex. I do notice a bit of weak orgasm but no other symptoms. I am worried that i got ball pain after 8 months of stopping. No symptoms before. So i was worried whether i miight be crashing now

1 Like

How’s your sleep?

My crash was characterized by instant sleep disruption, panic attacks, pumping adrenaline.

Not sure yet. I dont have that. But I am having panic attacks now that I think about it . I can still sleep soundly at times , no worries there. But I do get anxious a bit. I still dont understand how this could happen 8 months after stopping :frowning:

Crashes don’t usually happen after 8 months unless you took another 5AR inhibitor drug or any other hormone changer in your daily life. Could be as simple as using any type of cream you normally don’t have problems with, as another user here experienced, that could trigger your already weakened androgens.

Or maybe you are crashing, nobody can tell you for sure but anything’s possible if you took this drug so I wouldn’t rule it out. There’s nothing you can do now though but wait and see what happens, and maybe look at what you’ve been using recently that might have contributed to your problems.

I did use Minoxidil 5% recently twice daily for 2 weeks. That was to combat hair loss… But no hormone altering or systemic drugs

Hi @canabis, although not well known, Minoxidil has in fact been observed to strongly downregulate 5 alpha reductase 2 and inhibit the androgen receptor . We have seen many cases of minoxidil induced problems which present similar symptoms and are likely mechanistically “PFS”. I would personally recommend you avoid minoxidil.

2 Likes

Say no more. I have already stopped. I hope I don’t crash or this is temporary because I used Minoxidil. If not i’ll kill myself. I shoud have not used Minoxidil too :frowning: fuck hair. i would give anything to just be normal.

@axolotl do you know if T/Gel from neutrogena is safe to use?

1 Like

I am not familiar but after a brief look, there seems to be talk of coal tar being used as a AGA remedy, including the suggestion that it was given to the “placebo” group in a finasteride trial that for the initial period experienced slowed hair loss. The patent hair loss folks are discussing here seems to suggest potential indirect dht reducing properties. Although it’s old and the mechanism described would be comparably weak, when it comes to ligand reduction in PFS my personal feeling is that if you’re unsure it’s best to avoid it.

2 Likes

Of course, any of us would. However I always believe being unsure is a great sign. It may indeed pass. Take care and try not to stress yourself. If you need support, there are many kind people here.

1 Like

New Update: The ball pain has gone away now mostly. It lasted for a week. But on the bright side, my left testicle which was smaller compared to the right ever since I took Finasteride have increased in size now. Its now nearly same size as the right one and feels much fuller too… I think perhaps my left testicle has started working harder now to output T and its increasing in size and thats why I had the pain for the past week…Also ejaculate got thicker … (WOW… This is 8 months after stopping. Fin sure is a powerful drug).

Also now that I think about it i had similar ball pain when I started Finasteride, and as soome members here suggest thats cause DHT is lowered Testes goes into overdrive to produce more T producing pain… So I dont know what to think…i just hope my libido and Erections get better. Hoping and praying for the best

If you used minoxidil recently then that’s definitely what caused your crash.

Oh damn it… Is this a crash or temporary for using Minoxidil?? will it go away?? Have stopped for a week now

Minoxidil, and pretty much all hair loss products, are the same as finasteride. It might be temporary if it’s been less than a month since you quit minoxidil. If it’s been more than that, you probably just have PFS and you might or might not get better, it depends on luck now. Some people get better randomly after a few months/years.

Well, this topic is solved. You have your answer now.

I guess so. But I dont know. :frowning: I still feel messed up

I can get boners via manual stimulation , but not as hard as before and sensitivity has decreased :frowning: oh no… This was a bit like when I was on Finasteride but now I’m not on anymore. cOuld it be the Minoxidil still in my system? P.S I quit minoxidil about 8-10 days ago

It’s more likely that your system is suppressed and will take time to get back to normal. I was unable to get an erection without difficulty for a while, but that has resolved.

Hi. New update. I feel like my balls are shrinking again this week. It is not as full as before last week and ejaculate got slightly watery… I dont understand…I can still get boners and stuff, I feel like my hormones are out of whack… Any one help? should I take Zinc supplement or anything?? I did smoke some weed (hashish) 2 nights ago. could that be bad?

Cannabis and hashish are maybe not a good idea for you at the moment.

1 Like

Well, Ive been clean for a long time now (more than a year) and that was just 2 sessions with a friend but I definetely quit now for good… Hope it didn’t do anything bad or irreversible.Very worried about testicle size