Am I having a crash?

I have a bit of Ball shrinkage but it looks much better now, still have libido and can have sex. I do notice a bit of weak orgasm but no other symptoms. I am worried that i got ball pain after 8 months of stopping. No symptoms before. So i was worried whether i miight be crashing now

1 Like

Howā€™s your sleep?

My crash was characterized by instant sleep disruption, panic attacks, pumping adrenaline.

Not sure yet. I dont have that. But I am having panic attacks now that I think about it . I can still sleep soundly at times , no worries there. But I do get anxious a bit. I still dont understand how this could happen 8 months after stopping :frowning:

Crashes donā€™t usually happen after 8 months unless you took another 5AR inhibitor drug or any other hormone changer in your daily life. Could be as simple as using any type of cream you normally donā€™t have problems with, as another user here experienced, that could trigger your already weakened androgens.

Or maybe you are crashing, nobody can tell you for sure but anythingā€™s possible if you took this drug so I wouldnā€™t rule it out. Thereā€™s nothing you can do now though but wait and see what happens, and maybe look at what youā€™ve been using recently that might have contributed to your problems.

I did use Minoxidil 5% recently twice daily for 2 weeks. That was to combat hair lossā€¦ But no hormone altering or systemic drugs

Hi @canabis, although not well known, Minoxidil has in fact been observed to strongly downregulate 5 alpha reductase 2 and inhibit the androgen receptor . We have seen many cases of minoxidil induced problems which present similar symptoms and are likely mechanistically ā€œPFSā€. I would personally recommend you avoid minoxidil.

2 Likes

Say no more. I have already stopped. I hope I donā€™t crash or this is temporary because I used Minoxidil. If not iā€™ll kill myself. I shoud have not used Minoxidil too :frowning: fuck hair. i would give anything to just be normal.

@axolotl do you know if T/Gel from neutrogena is safe to use?

1 Like

I am not familiar but after a brief look, there seems to be talk of coal tar being used as a AGA remedy, including the suggestion that it was given to the ā€œplaceboā€ group in a finasteride trial that for the initial period experienced slowed hair loss. The patent hair loss folks are discussing here seems to suggest potential indirect dht reducing properties. Although itā€™s old and the mechanism described would be comparably weak, when it comes to ligand reduction in PFS my personal feeling is that if youā€™re unsure itā€™s best to avoid it.

2 Likes

Of course, any of us would. However I always believe being unsure is a great sign. It may indeed pass. Take care and try not to stress yourself. If you need support, there are many kind people here.

1 Like

New Update: The ball pain has gone away now mostly. It lasted for a week. But on the bright side, my left testicle which was smaller compared to the right ever since I took Finasteride have increased in size now. Its now nearly same size as the right one and feels much fuller tooā€¦ I think perhaps my left testicle has started working harder now to output T and its increasing in size and thats why I had the pain for the past weekā€¦Also ejaculate got thicker ā€¦ (WOWā€¦ This is 8 months after stopping. Fin sure is a powerful drug).

Also now that I think about it i had similar ball pain when I started Finasteride, and as soome members here suggest thats cause DHT is lowered Testes goes into overdrive to produce more T producing painā€¦ So I dont know what to thinkā€¦i just hope my libido and Erections get better. Hoping and praying for the best

If you used minoxidil recently then thatā€™s definitely what caused your crash.

Oh damn itā€¦ Is this a crash or temporary for using Minoxidil?? will it go away?? Have stopped for a week now

Minoxidil, and pretty much all hair loss products, are the same as finasteride. It might be temporary if itā€™s been less than a month since you quit minoxidil. If itā€™s been more than that, you probably just have PFS and you might or might not get better, it depends on luck now. Some people get better randomly after a few months/years.

Well, this topic is solved. You have your answer now.

I guess so. But I dont know. :frowning: I still feel messed up

I can get boners via manual stimulation , but not as hard as before and sensitivity has decreased :frowning: oh noā€¦ This was a bit like when I was on Finasteride but now Iā€™m not on anymore. cOuld it be the Minoxidil still in my system? P.S I quit minoxidil about 8-10 days ago

Itā€™s more likely that your system is suppressed and will take time to get back to normal. I was unable to get an erection without difficulty for a while, but that has resolved.

Hi. New update. I feel like my balls are shrinking again this week. It is not as full as before last week and ejaculate got slightly wateryā€¦ I dont understandā€¦I can still get boners and stuff, I feel like my hormones are out of whackā€¦ Any one help? should I take Zinc supplement or anything?? I did smoke some weed (hashish) 2 nights ago. could that be bad?

Cannabis and hashish are maybe not a good idea for you at the moment.

1 Like

Well, Ive been clean for a long time now (more than a year) and that was just 2 sessions with a friend but I definetely quit now for goodā€¦ Hope it didnā€™t do anything bad or irreversible.Very worried about testicle size