Advice: avoid swimming pools during recoverry

We need a new subsection of the forum to discuss things like this without risk of abuse. Instead of getting shouted down. We could, you know, spitball as to why regretful87 felt that way.

There’s a lot of people out there telling us its bollocks we feel this way cause we took a “benign” hairloss drug.

Bares thinking about for the guys who’re interested in a natural recovery.

For the record, public swimming pools made me feel really ill even before this. I figured it was wading around in a chlorine, piss and bacteria soup.

I have been posting here very rarely now but when I see posts like this, I cannot resist. Swimming pool stopping your recovery? What sanity is behind these kinds of posts? it is not even one million miles close to common sense.Even a five year old kid will not believe this. Please stop this foolishness or propeciahelp.com will not be taken seriously.

Maybe we should test it on a goat? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit - Not trying to be rude SP, but you’ve been known for the odd outlandish post too. He’s sharing his experience, with pfs, a public swimming pool made him feel like crap. Not that much of a stretch really, just his observation. Why are people so rude here? Chasing away people who’re sharing their experiences isnt cool.

Look, this happened to me,end of story.
I don’t give a bollocks if people don’t believe me.
It’s not going to change my mood or make me think differently.
I put this up because it happened.i lost nearly a stone in weight over the week following a dip in the pool.i did nothing elce different.i had been eating totally clean paleo diet,doing enemas and exercising like mad for weeks and all of a sudden boom.
Previous to me starting on this protocol I hadn’t given up drink, I had been away to Spain on a massive piss up for a week and my condition remained constant but after the dip in the pool, boom.fact.
I’m not saying it has happened to anyone elce or it will defo happen to anyone elce but it happened to e here’s a link to a story of a guy getting chlorine poisoning from staying in a pool too long.
runireland.com/articles/chlorine-poisoning
He was in there for 24 hours.big difference from the amount of time I spent but my body is obviously vulnerable from this poxy drug.

Trust thetigershull to start having a go,I’ve seen you do it to others.again,I could give 2 shits what you think or say.

I’ve no reason to post this if I didn’t happen. Honestly I wouldn’t waste my time.

That’s the last I’ll say on it.

I also had a crash in a swimming pool. It probably has to do with the sudden change of temperature. For some of us, this illness means a lower tolerance to temperature changes.

LOL! What exactly is a muppet? Is that what you Brits call each other when you are angry? No wonder you all think I am insane, I live in south Florida and you guys are all Brits. It is like I am from another universe, our cultures are so different, even most Americans thinks we are nuts here. That being said, all this “natural” bullshit is bullshit, PFS is a serious condition that needs to be treated with hard drugs and hormones, lizard tails and hair of goat won’t fix this. Any improvement or decline is simply your own body improving or getting worse.
All this cleanse bullshit is bullshit, the only people who recovered like CDNUTS used hardcore androgens and triggered their system back. I am starting to believe some kind of gene triggered us into a prepubescent state.

HOnestly, there are a TON of guys from England here on this site. I wonder why that is

Three hundred years ago America was part of the British empire, at it’s height it spread across nearly a quarter of the world. We got around. Chances are it’s a genetic predisposition, I wonder what else we have in common?

Finatruth yet again slagging off us English

This place has far more US members than English, you can’t even begin to compare

@Regretful

I’d love to get Mews take on this

Ask him if swimming can make you crash or worsen your PFS

Do you realise how crazy you sound?

As the other member said, I wouldn’t expect my 5 year old child to believe that bullshit

And in there lies your answer!!

Your very last sentence… OCD

Fuck all to do with PFS!!!

I still stand with my words. Almost all of new meds are first tested on mice/rats/rabbits. What’s wrong with testing Fin’s effects on goats? There are already tons of experiments of Fin on mice already. If you want I can give you a lot of research papers about Fin’s effects on mice prostate, about Beta Sitosterols effects Goldfish testicles etc.
Almost all mammals have the same botany and biology. The behave the same way as we human do. Do you think if you Feed Fin or Saw Palmetto to mammals, it will not affect them the way it does to us?

No one answered my question, what is a “Muppet?” Like The Muppets with Ms Piggy? You Brits are funny, it must be pretty bad because the guy called a Muppet freaked out lol.

You can probably Google muppet for its origins/meaning as slang, although in the U.K. it’s certainly not complementary - when not referring to those loveable Jim Henson creations it means a pretty stupid person - a daftie or dunderheid as we’d say in Scotland.

Yea, I guess one thing you get out of PFS is more exposure to other cultures. I wish the circumstances were different.

Yea tell me about it, I already deal with international people in my business, get the exposure anyway, I hate pfs. MCI, you have to admit from an American perspective, when they were calling each other “muppets,” and saying “bullocks,” it was fucking funny lol

Since I got pfs I rarely laugh or smile, it just so happens I have my hormones under control and pfs in remission currently, it’s nice to laugh sometimes. When I have pfs in remission, I try to do all I can to enjoy life, luckily I have been able to maintain remission. I can’t imagine traveling anywhere, I require too many hormones, till I get a long term protocol sorted out that I know I can rely on day to day at the same doses without remodulating it to compensate.

By the way, its bollocks, not bullocks !!!

Glad you find our English slang to be of some humour. I know what your saying about not smiling and laughing with PFS

The best of it is, I get called far worse than a muppet every single day at work, its all water off a ducks back to me. I prefer to front people up, rather than call them from my keyboard

I swim now and then in a pool but i haven’t experienced any effects. I do know that chlorine isn’t that good for your body. A tip: shower before you go into the pool (the organic material will be washed away from your body because chlorine reacts with organic material on your body) and of course afterwards.

Source: spanish study in 2010
scientias.nl/zwembaden-met-c … nker/15801

Just saw this thread.

I don’t see why Regretful87’s story is that hard to believe ? Swimming pool water is loaded with chemicals. It can not be healthy.

Years ago when I went on holiday to portugal the Swimming pool water in the hotel I was staying in was so harsh it turned my eyes red.

So I can well believe it did have some effect on Regretful87. But like Finasteride it probably doesn’t affect everybody the same way.