Accutane: The same side effects like finasteride, sp and dutasteride

I did take propecia in 2000 when I was 20. I realy dont remember how long I took it, what the dosage was etc… I remember that I took it only for a few months. I was so stupid that I wasnt even aware that I had to use it for longer time. I expected to use it for some time and my hair-loss would stop forever. (I guess thats one of the rare cases that I feel lucky to be stupid).
From 2000 till 2013, 13 years I had no side effect, I mean nothing. I wasnt even aware of PFS.
Believe me achieving an erection was possible by touching it or by thinking sex for seconds only. This was same at the age of 20 and at 33!

Then I took accutane this year, for two months. Bommm, every possible fancy side effects hit me. Loss of libido, difficulty in achieving erection, lack of morning erections, lack of spontaneous erections etc…

I wonder too if combining these two drugs revealed these adverse effects…

AWOR, that is a great thread when I started to think about it, for a while there was a lot of hype about these side effects from Acutane in the media. Do you remember when that kid flew a plane into a building and it turned out he was on Acutane? It has already been proven Acutane causes these horrible side effects, one only needs to link it to Finasteride and bam…

1 Like

Wrong. It hasn’t been proven. No one ever full-heartedly attempted to find a causal link between Accutane and severe side effects. There was no Accutane found in the blood of that kid who flew the plane into the building shortly after the incident, so it was concluded to have nothing to do with the Accutane he took months before. Long-term effects of the drug are vehemently denied.

To add insult to injury, sexual dysfunction is not even listed in the drug information after years of being reported in medical journals as a rare side effect.

This is why full support of the PFSF is crucial. If no causal link is found, then everyone whose life has been destroyed by finasteride will be ignored and Merck will come out looking like the victims of litigation.

It will be a repeat of Accutane and Hoffman LaRoche if the PFS research initiatives fail for lack of participation or funding.

Well, I was on Accutane when I was younger, I was never quite right ever since, then FInasteride as a young adult and I was finally finished off when I took Avodart, all these drugs should be taken off the market.

You may find this an interesting read:

wp.rxisk.org/wp-content/uploads/ … dium=email

I really felt at that time that i am getting better.
But I wasnt aware i had a problem (roacuttane related) until coming across this page while looking up fin side affects
I thought i was just messed up

Then I stopped the fin, and yea, def felt better then i was in the prior 7 years.

I wouldnt recommend this as a way to get over the other drugs side effects, but i do think it helped reverse some of my fucked up systems.

Perhaps its something worth to mention to studies that are being conducted.

Could you be more clear? for example two lists: List #1 sides after Accutane, list#2 how many sides were gone from the list#1.
thanks

I just took a young family member to a reputable dermatologist for a minor condition and acne. The dermatologist prescribed something, and I looked it up. It was isotretinoin AKA Accutane. I am shocked, but not really surprised. No way in hell, and only over my dead body, will I knowingly allow anyone, especially anyone so close to me, to use this poison.

I only researched the product when the prescription was filled, and now I have an angry teenager who is unwilling to listen and grasp what the potential permanent and everlasting side effects may be.

Needless to say, I hid that poison, only to be told that other classmates are using it, “and they have no problem”. Where have we all heard that before?

Even a one in a thousand percent chance of irreversible and permanent side effects, with no relief, is more than I’m will to accept for something as minor and fleeting as acne. I do wish someone told me something similar about my hair, but here we are.

4 Likes

Hey can you send me that book there is no where to buy it