A Potential Cure/Treatment

Okay i have some actually quite encouraging news, and i stumbled upon it by accident. This also plays into what many of us have been talking about in this thread.

Recently, I had to take a Z-pack (azithromycin) for a sinus infection. Long story short the antibiotics worked wonders on the sinus infection, but a few days after i finished the regimen, I noticed that my stomach was bloated and painful. I was wracked with fatigue and my dick simply stopped working, as did my libido in general. On the 3rd night with my brand new gf, i couldnā€™t performā€“and couldnā€™t for over a week. She was a trooper and hung tough. But yes, it was yet another crashā€¦or was it? This time I knew that the symptoms were being caused by stomach problems, so i went with my go to cure: omeprazole/esomeprazole.

This is important because some have suggested that omeprazole can help PFS because it is a 5AR inhibitor. Well, this time omeprazole didnā€™t work, so Iā€™m pretty certain this isnā€™t an issue in which Iā€™m getting help from another form of 5AR inhibitor.

Growing desperate, I gave up on the pharmaceuticals and decided Iā€™d try a different way to calm my stomach down. After hours of searching the web i found several supplements that were rumored to have a calming effect on the GI tract and that people use for autoimmune gut problems. I started taking digestive enzymes with every meal. I also started culturing my very own coconut water kefir (im vegan). I drank kefir (more than 20 types of probiotics) morning and night. Also took colostrum day and night (not vegan :frowning_face: ). Took L-glutamine, marshmellow root, shilijat, and licorice root. Lookup any of these herbs/supplements on amazon and you will find hordes of reviews touting their ability to alleviate all sorts of gut/autoimmune issues. Not very scientific, but whatever.

A week and a half later, I must say I am dumbfounded by how great my stomach feels. My libido is back and my little buddy stands to attention quicker and with more gusto than ever.

What iā€™m going to do is slowly ween myself off each supplement one at a time and see which is having the greatest effect. If none of them prove to be helping more than the others, then ill just stop them all and see if i can cruise on without taking anything. Perhaps, I just needed to reset my gut and i wont have to continue taking these pills. But either way, im not sad. My stomach and pelvis feel better now than even before iā€™d ever heard of propecia or PFS.

If anyone wants to try this, i can provide links to the stuff i bought on amazon. Each item was between $9 and $13. Total was around 50 bucks. I would have paid thousands for this result in the past.

5 Likes

How is it going now @FINished?

1 Like

Id definitely like a link to some of these products.

1 Like

@FINished Hey I would love hear what the regimen you used here was.

I am interested too.

Please DM me the links

1 Like

Please donā€™t DM the links, post them here and let everyone see them!

2 Likes

@FINished can we get an update

1 Like

Hi @FINished, I was prescribed sulfasalazine to calm inflammation in the gut, but I was too scared of drugs at the time to take it. Perhaps thatā€™s something you can try that is not an 5AR inhibitor.

He doesnā€™t seem to have logged in since his last post. I do hope that if/when I manage to beat this nightmare, I will not just disappear as so many do.

@FINished, if youā€™re out there, please let us know how it is going. I would be very keen to hear how the elimination of supps went and what turned out to be most effective.`

1 Like

Ahh @Jack82 same here buddy. If i ever did find the cure I would share what fixed me regardless of any opposition that would come as I can only tell my story. Chances are though with someone not posting for a period of time especially when it sounds like they are on the mend usually means they are if not all the way recovered then recovered enough to leave this life behind them

Are animal products irritating to the gut?
How are you doing these days, doc?