A new theory about why PFS happens

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/andr.12353

thanks for sharing man. BTW have you taken resveratrol in isolation? It sounds like something interesting that I might consider experimenting with. I recall taking it a long time ago and it slightly weakened my erection quality, but I didnt take it for very long. I would be open to give it another shot though

yes, I’ve been making 2 hours window between intakes of zinc and res. The problem is its hard differentiate if loratadine contributed also. Rigidity is definitely improved.

1 Like

Likewise mate and 8 months later

is this androgen receptor upregulating in weightlifting good for your libido ?

the differing responses that guys have to weightlifting supports this theory; some guys experience improved libido from weightlifting while others crash from it or have negative results. There is no way to know for sure though, im guessing that its possible that weightlifting could upregulate androgen receptors in a negative way though

This looks interesting

2 Likes

Didnt Brigham look into this and it had nothing to do with pfs…Niether did 5ar

If you refer for my link;

This only assesses difference of pfs sides depends on ar genetic variants

Well I thought Brigham looked at the different lengths of repeats in ar…Been awhile since I read that study.

INTRODUCTION: Long-term adverse symptoms of men who used oral finasteride against androgenic alopecia have been recently described as post-finasteride syndrome (PFS).

RESULTS: Median age was 32 years, duration of finasteride use was 360 days, and time from finasteride discontinuation was 1,053 days. We observed several frequency differences in symptoms according to (CAG)n and (GGN)n repeat numbers. Three AMS items were worse for medium (GGN)23 than for long (GGN)>23 carriers and one item was worse for short (GGN)<23 carriers. The AMS item for decrease in sexual desire or libido was worse for short (CAG)9-19 carriers than for medium (CAG)20-24 carriers. Through the ad hoc questionnaire, significant findings in (CAG)n and/or (GGN)n repeats were obtained for penile discomfort, loss of scrotal sensitivity, scrotal discomfort, less pubic hair, loss of perceived perineal fullness, increased sperm density, involuntary muscle spasms, loss of muscle tone, increased weight (>2 kg), increased skin dryness, and onset of symptoms after finasteride use.

CONCLUSION: This study showed that short and/or long (CAG)n and (GGN)n repeats had different frequencies according to symptoms reported by patients with PFS, likely reflecting the vast array of genes modulated by the AR. This study showed a U-curvilinear profile of (CAG)n repeats for skin dryness symptoms, where the two extremes exhibited a worse condition than medium repeats. Further studies are necessary to investigate the PFS pathophysiology using a precision medicine approach.

2 Likes

@skorpio88
Some who reacted nothing or worsened because of tribulus can all improve by your protocol,taking soys and so on?
Also why do you think only a few can recover completely(means 100%)by tribulus?In what I saw,most of them seem not to achieve recovery.On the other hand,the fact that a few guys like April1989,recovered is interesting though…

You have to differenciate with tribulus brands and MediHerb Tribulus … complete different things.

Pre PFS my dick was way above average regarding size (naturally high AR). My dick got hit hardest by PFS cause I was never able to recover my size, while other symptoms got way better.

Pre PFS I wasn’t dominant or alpha (low AR density in brain) . Since PFS I’m extremely dominant, more aggressive etc. also during sex.

This theory makes pretty good sense for me.

So you actually improved after PFS lol

1 Like

Damn man… sorry to hear you didn’t recover your size. Pre-pas my penis was really big and thick too. Now it is lost that thing. I still don’t understand how i swallow this hars reality but my Dr. said it is reversible amd many others i talked with said 100% size recovery is possible.

How long you have been like this? Also did you lost your size overnight/ suddenly?

Some few also reported even better size than pre-pfs. So i guess we have hope. Question is how? Lack of DHT and reversing prostate damage imo. Check out your prostate for inflammation which can cause this problem. @provironabuser

My theory regarding size is we start to lose it when we lose our overnight erections. Without it increasing in size regularly every night, it will shrink. When that comes back, the size starts to slowly increase.

1 Like

Right. You need bloodflow to keep the penile tissues healthy.

This theory fits my pretty well, i crashed after 5 pills, im a weight lifter, im a athletic, i had very high libido and sexual enregy, during school days i could have a boner for two classes straight, i use to have a strong morning erections until going out of bed and pretty big inherited penis.

Although i dont understand why some people only have sexual sides and others both, the AR located in diffrent places? So i might have higher AR desinty in my penis than my brain? I dont understand, i dont have libido, yet i dont have mental side effects at all… how could this be explained?

1 Like

This may be the case for some PFS patients but it does not fit what primary findings have found and what some other patients report, including one of the admins of this forum

Some previous discussion on this

2 Likes