A chinese pfs patient(I'm doing my best to recover)

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?CHINA

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) pfs foundation

What is your current age, height, weight? 23years old 175cm 66kg

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
1 mg/day
What condition was being treated with the drug?
hairloss
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
3mounths 1 year
How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?
How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
taper off
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
1mounth 1 year
What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[√ ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ √] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ √] Watery Ejaculate
[√] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[√ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ √] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[√ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[√ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[√ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ √] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ √] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[√ ] Muscle Wastage
[√ ] Muscle Weakness
[ √] Joint Pain
[√ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ √] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[√ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ √] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[√ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ √] Frequent urination
[ √] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
clomid,hcg
If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
High T, high prolactin levels during medication.Three months after stopping the drug, the hormones were completely normal
Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I started taking Finasteride on 2019.08.01, and side effects began to appear on 2020.09.15.It was just a weak erection at first, so I didn’t stop taking it.But it got worse and worse, with breast growth, difficulty getting an erection, and the skin on the fingertips becoming hard.I had a hormone test in November and it was high T, high prolactin levels.I stopped taking the medication in December and recovered well in January and February.But on March 14th it crashed. The testicles contracted, It’s very difficult to get an erection,Semen is thinning , my legs became numb easily,and Muscle twitching.

I had another hormonal test and found that all my hormone levels were normal.I went to see a lot of doctors again, and now I’m starting to get HCG injections, 3000 IU twice a week.Now I have been injected for about two weeks and have not felt any significant improvement.Sometimes I still break down, sometimes I feel better.The erection is still weak and the semen is still thin.But I have noticed that my hair loss has increased since the HCG injection

1 Like

Hi man,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about what you’re dealing with but you’re certainly not alone. You’ll find plenty of people on here who share your experiences.

Try and take some comfort from the fact that people do improve with time and at this point you’re still within the first year of onset, which generally bodes well.

As always, the only safe advice we can give is eat well, rest well, exercise (if you are able to) and be extremely cautious with supplements/self experimentation, you can easily make things worse.

My DMs are always open if you have any questions.

Welcome to our forum!

I am deeply sorry that you are going through this. Here you will find plenty of people who can relate to your situation. The good news is that often people improve with time. So, time is on your side, especially since you have been suffering only for a few months thus far (still too long, I know).

Somehow we rarely get people from China here. Given the size of the population and the huge economic growth you would expect many Chinese people to take this drug. Is it the language barrier? Are you aware of Chinese PFS communities?

The staff of this forum is working hard to create more awareness of this condition and initiate more research. We need every help we can get and everyone needs to chip in. Hence, it is paramount that we have access too as many PFS patients as possible.

You can help by:

Please share these among Chinese communities if you know any.

Thank you and good luck,
N.

In fact, a very large number of Chinese people are taking finasteride, and we know even less about PFS.There are very few Chinese people in this forum. On the one hand, there is a real reason for the language barrier, and on the other hand, few doctors know about PFS. I spent a lot of effort to review the literature and try to explain my symptoms to the doctors.And I didn’t find any PFS community in China, just some hairloss forums.

Hello, Chinese pfs patients, you can join the QQ group 826599709 to communicate

Hello @swq5803000 and @Tim there are some new chinese users on board: @Hanru_Sun and @baitongWu China seems to be the new propetia market

Change your profile picture. You’re a Chinese mongol warrior. It is in your DNA to fight and never give up.

swq5803000 is Chinese “axolotl”,He translated Baylor’s research and awor’s papers into Chinese and told everyone about the potential risks. He is a real soldier

3 Likes