7 years of taking the poison, stop 4 days

Hi I also suffered hurt in the joints when I was in Finasteride, over time this recovered naturally. felt like the knees crushed the cartilages, but this is recovered 100%.

1 Like

Yes. I DO feel my knees crash the cartilages! How long did you take to recover?

I am 38 yrs old now and I think one of the reason for the joint pain is the decreasing of muscle strength along with the age, especially after age of 35, even through not taking the poison. If taking that poison, the muscle lost will be getting more and more serious and finally cause the joint pain. So, I think I have to strengthen my legs muscle, especially on the quadriceps.

It happened me when I was consuming daily 4ml minoxidil and 1mg of finasteride. It took me some months to recover, noy many. I was 25 years old and food is more important than sport, I believe. A lot of micronutrients and better macronutrients

Are you still using minoxidil now? I quit from Fin but I am still using minoxidil. Because I don’t think that minoxidil is the root cause of my joint pain.

Minoxidil can be a cause, there are studies which show it inhibits the production of collagen and testosterone, and more… Minoxidil and Finasteride form a diabolical synergy, caution with this, in another post I wrote about what Minoxidil can aggravate and prolong PFS.

I abandoned Minoxidil exactly 1 year ago.

Hi all, let me report my health status after stopping propecia for 9 months.

1. Joint pain - only little bit better. However, I can walk faster but still have acute pain.

2. Insomnia & Fatigue - I still have insomnia of 2-3 nights a week and feel 24 hours exhaust in the next day. I got serious dizziness in these two weeks, even JUST stand up. Is it the SECOND crash??

3. Muscle - I feel my legs muscle are getting stronger. However, Gynecomastia symptom is still exist.

I got the blood test result in the mid of October. The blood test is positive. No any negative result. I can’t complain to the result because I am not professional in medical. I can’t think what I can do i this stage and I am very depressed now.

When you say the blood test is positive, do you mean that there is no obvious problem? If so, that is quite common. Could you post the details of the blood test?

As for your joint pain, you can recover. I have had some joint pain (mainly my hips) but happily it has cleared now. Insomnia is a regular problem here but also most seem to improve.

It is a depressing position to be in, I know but you have to pick yourself up and focus on the improvements or the potential for them. You say that your joint pain is better and with time it could continue to get better.

Are you avoiding 5ar inhibiting foods? I would suggest that if you feel you may have crashed a second time that you should be careful with your diet.

Hi Greek,

In fact, I don’t know what actually had been examined by the blood test. But I do think that these items are related to basic health check and joint pain. The doctor did not give the detailed report, because I conducted the test in government clinic, not private clinic.

1. Anti-nuclear antibody
  2. CK
  3. Lipid profile testing (CH, TG, HDL, LDL)
  4. RFT
  5. TF01
  6. CBC
  7. Calcium
  8. LFT
  9. Phosphate
  10. Rheumatoid factor
  11. Urate

The doctor told me that there is no obvious problem in the above tests.

Are you avoiding 5ar inhibiting foods? -> what are the 5ar inhibiting foods? I usually take milk, beef, rice, vegetables and fish everyday.

There are lots of 5ar inhibiting foods.

We’re going to publish a list soon of those foods that could cause us problems.

A good place to start is here (first thing that came up on Google):

Hi all, this is almost 1 year after stopping propecia. Here below is the progress of recovery:

1. Joint pain - This is the main problem which does not improve much. I still have acute pain in both knees, especially in standing. I cannot stand firm. However, the flu symptom around the knees has been disappeared. I now can walk more faster although the pain still exist. When I pressed the edge and toward inside of the patellas, I can feel the acute pain. The pain is as same as the first day when I suffered the joint pain. I think that the pain is caused by the muscle cannot hold the petalla well.

2. Insomnia and fatigue - I did not have insomnia recently and slept well. The fatigue also had been improved, only 1 day per week now.

3. Muscle - Same as three months ago, I feel my legs muscle are getting stronger. However, Gynecomastia symptom is still exist. I noticed that there was muscle twitching around the knees, but not happened frequently.

4. Hairs - My friends and colleagues noticed that my hair volume has decrease noticeably. I think it is a good sign in the recovery. Besides, I keep on using minoxidil every morning.

I conducted an Orthopedist from government clinic last month. He told me that my status was strange and I am young to have this level of the joint pain. He suspected there are spurs in the petalla and arranged X-ray check for me in the next consulting in mid of June.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I have painful urination for almost 1 week. I consulted a doctor yesterday and he said that it should be urinary tract infection. The problem should be recovered within 1 week. But it lasts for almost 1 week and I still have painful urination. I don’t know is it related to the poison for not. Does anymore experienced the same symptom after quiting the poison? Thanks!

If you search you will find others have had painful urination.

ohmygod88

Wellcome to the forum, Please stick with us and do not give up, if you get depressed please do not commite suicide, we are here to support each other.

Hi Moonchild1,

Thank you for your concern and support!

I dont know why I suffered prostatitis (I definitely think it is prostatitis!) after 1 year off from propecia, but I don’t think it is not coincidence.

Checked with uro.

1. No baterica was found in my urine and prostrate.
  2. Semen is normal and Sperms are normal.
  3. Prostrate size is normal. But uro said that I have inflammation on prostrate. So, there is pain when urination. It seems I have no baterica prostatitis.

I think I have to take a very long time to get heal, if I can get heal. Any suggestion on how to get heal from prostatitis? Do more exercise? But I have knee pain…

After 2 weeks of levofloxacin and 4 weeks of Lyrica, I feel better in urination.

However, I got acute pain again in my knees, especially in my left knee, when I started to take this antibiotic tablet. I stopped this antibiotic for 2 weeks, but the pain gets more and more serious. I return to walk slowly again and make me very depressed.

Hi,

This is my status after 1.5 years of stopping propecia:

1. Joint Pain: This is the most issue that still exist after stopping the poison. Although the pain in the right knee is reduced a lot, the severe pain in the left knee is still exist. Even through I spent a lot of time to do some exercises to strengthen the quadriceps, but I don’t feel any improvement in muscle volume and power. Standing is the most problem troubled me, because I have to put all my body power to the legs to balance myself.

2. Insomnia and fatigue - I have insomnia recently and can’t sleep well recently. I can only sleep for 5.5 hours per day. Because of insomnia, I also feel fatigue. However, as I said before, this is not the most issue of me.

3. Painful urination: This issue is recovered after 4 months.

4. Hairs: Hairs are gradually dropped out. The skin of my head can be seen very easily.

Dear all,

I stopped taking propecia for more than 2 years and I would like to update my status to all of you. Hope this help for you…

1. Joint pain: This is still the main problem of my body, after stopping the drug. I still suffer the pain on both knees. My right knee got better last year, but get worst recently. There is pain on both knees when I walk and stand, especially when I walk up and down the stairs. i.e. bending the knees. Same as last year, I spent a lot of time to do some exercises to strengthen the quadriceps, I drunk about 25g of whey protein before bed everyday, but I don’t feel any improvement in muscle volume and power. I am not sure whether I have Osteoarthritis or not now. I think I will take X ray again later.

2. Insomnia and fatigue - I still have insomnia and fatigue sometime. However, this is not the most issue for me.

3. Painful urination: I don’t have painful urination since recovered last year.

4. Hairs: My hairs seems stable now. I am using Minoxdil for 2 times everyday.

Thanks.

1 Like

Minoxidil is an anti androgen just FYI don’t expect to get any better using that

Thanks! AaronF.

May be you are right! I wondered the knee pain is also came from Minoxdil before, but I didn’t take research of androgen effect…