5 years of finasteride usage (my story)

Wow that’s crazy. At the end of the day, proud you’re feeling better. I hope your plan to slowly taper off of fin works for you.

1 Like

I have no idea why going back on Finasteride is working for you perhaps it is the rise in Testosterone levels. There seems to be something with Testosterone here though that it is giving some patients symptomatic relief whether that’s Tribulus or a Probiotic with Testosterone raising effects in all of PH’s history this seems to be the only thing that I’ve seen that has given a subsequent of certain people relief of symptoms perhaps it is creating new receptors to facilitate the androgens.

1 Like

I have no idea what’s going on but I’m just happy I’m starting to get my life back now.

I can tell u that I took up to a 1000mg of testosterone a week for 3 months during my post finasteride phase and I felt absolutely nothing.

Now I’m back on MY TRT dosage along with my finasteride and I feel it working.

My receptors have been altered and can no longer function without a DHT blocker.

I can’t get my head around why this is working for you.

1 Like

Hey,
I see this a lot in the antidepressant withdrawal forums with long term users, they can just go back on the drug and a lot of their symptoms just stop. I don’t think this is the PFS a lot of people talk of here. I believe that your brain has just adapted in a lot of ways that need a bit longer to reverse after you stop taking the drug. I think this “huge percentage” is more like a small percentage. It is known there are multiple variations of this disease, I think that if you stayed off the drug for a while it’s possible your brain would eventually adjust back (even if it takes 2-3 years). Of course these are all just my observations and opinions. I know for a fact though that going back on Fin is the worst possible thing most people could do for their form of PFS.

2 Likes

In your initial post, you said that it was 6 months after you stopped fin that you had the negative symptoms appear. To me that seems like a long time between the two events to have PFS problems. Anyone? Thoughts?

1 Like

No I meant that six months into my usage of finasteride I noticed side effects. Although at the time I didn’t know it was the finasteride causing all those things.

My PFS symptoms started happening about a week after I quit and just continued to get worse as time went on before I finally gave up and started taking finasteride again.

Hi @Toughluck24, thanks for sharing your extraordinary and clear situation. This is really a remarkably important aspect of this condition - that in many cases, symptoms are temporarily relieved by further exposure to antiandrogens or 5 alpha reductase inhibition. In your case, I simply hope your situation continues to be manageable. Please keep us updated on your situation as time goes by.

I caution other patients in the extreme that this is profoundly unsafe, and further exposure has often lead to a dramatic permanent worsening and the development of additional symptoms in other patients. That includes myself.

1 Like

It’s been almost 2 months now and I feel more manly everyday. I’m seeing my fat deposits changing and muscle coming back. My body hair is also coming back.

I think I’m the rare case where I’ll be fine with taking finasteride permanently. I felt totally fine with HRT/finasteride combo for 1 year prior to quitting fin.

Did you have any penis size loss problems? Is it come back to normal like pre-pfs size? Can you make an objective observation? You had any curve bends in penis? Are they resolved too?

1 Like

And U were right…

I’m right back at square one. My body crashed again.

Back to this pfs garbage.

My penis went back to normal during my fin phase recently. But it is now back to pfs size

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that your improvements have been so short lived @Toughluck24. Are you continuing to use Finasteride or have you stopped it?

Stopped now and recovering

1 Like

Are you tapering off this time?

IMO androgen receptors are fine. Body autoimmune against dht. You take T + fin so T is sky high but not converting to DHT = autoimmune response dampens and T can do it’s job? Just a thought

Unless he didn’t fully crash idk hard to tell from his story

I crashed 2 weeks ago. And I’m stuck in a pfs state now. Everyday is different. I’m gonna have to wait this out now as avodart has a very long half life.

Some days are good some days are bad. But ya I’m in a tough spot right now.

You were warned

Tough luck mate, at least dut has a kind of self taper which could strengthen your chance of your system getting back to normal. I’m hoping you get better.

1 Like