17 years old and feel ruined by propecia

solonjk every body is different. google terp03 who took only 9 saw palmetto pills and he was s**up.
here is his story
anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/89638-saw-palmetto-losing.html

I tried my best to contact this guy but never got any reply from him. I hope he is alive.

Agreed. I tried to correct misinformation that solonjk put out to this new member which he semi retracted in his latest post. If you’re really confident of a cure you don’t need to behave this way.

Give you an update its been about 3 months and no change wanna kill myself everyday. I have no energy to workout anymore. My mind feels like it doesnt work anymore i have trouble getting out words sometimes. I found out the generic brand name i took was called Finast 5mg. Taking 5mg in 1 day was the dumbest thing i could of ever done but i only took it one day i cant believe i wouldnt recover. If anyone knows if a generic brand like Finast gives you more faster severe side effects than merks propecia let me know

oh and one more thing my doctor tested my testosterone, cortisol, t3 and t4 and they were all normal but that doesnt really prove anything. I know my estrogen levels are through the roof and i dont think testings really gonna help anything

I know it’s difficult to be persistent but try and get the actual blood work off your doctors. You are so young - this could be the start of quite a journey for you so any record of what your hormones are like at certain times could be very useful. Plus it’s very common for doctor’s to say that blood test results are ‘in range’ when often they are not. It is crazy how finasteride, even at high dosages such as 5 mg can cause persistent problems. I find it difficult to accept that a few months on and of got me.

Hang in there man. Have you told your parents about what’s going on?

You should get the bloods Moonman recommended; you should also ask him to divulge the name of his doctor :laughing: . MOST Importantly: others have been where you are now and they managed to wriggle out, and you can to.

Did you recover, after all? So many old users leave the forum with out any statement. And no one knows what have happen to them.

I agree it would be interesting to know, if the younger and exposed to a few pills actually they managed to recover. I find it criminal to prescribe finasteride, other 5-AR inhibitors, antidepressants, or other psychiatric drugs to a 17 year old kid.

I read this kid’s (I guess an adult by now if he’s still with us) story when I was in about 3 weeks into pfs. Like him, I went fully impotent after one pill and subsequently suicidal.
This story scared me the most because he said he didn’t recover after a couple of months then never came back.
I’d basically lost all hope, because I thought I’d turn out the same.
Thankfully I’ve seen huge improvements which seem to have stuck for now.
I hope the OP is doing okay.

3 Likes