17 year old story (need help)

Starting cdsnuts protocol. Seems to work for a good amount and I’ve got nothing to lose. I’ve already strted the paleo diet and cold showers and exercise this week as he advised and I noticed my face has little pimples on it and hairline thinned a bit which is good. To be honest since doing this my sides have all gotten like the slightest bit better. Even my face looks a bit more full and my eyes less tired

good to hear that you getting results with the protocol,
can you give me a link to the protocol?

@somanyregrets You say

but you previously wrote a few weeks ago

implying that the other symptoms you have are mild and it’s just your facial changes that are causing you to pursue disease modifying therapeutic attempts. I just want to offer the perspective that you really do have a lot to lose given what you say are your symptoms and that there have been several instances of PFS patients trying many different manners of forum therapies, in hopes of improving their situation, only to make things significantly worse for them, sometimes persistently so.

Be aware that some things in that so-called protocol can be incredibly dangerous for PFS patients. Tribulus, for instance, has caused a persistent worsening for some members of this site.

2 Likes

I’m gonna read more into the herbs and stuff like that. I wouldn’t take anything like tribulus. But healthy living and exercises and all that stuff can’t be bad for me. It already has made me feel a bit better. I think it should be fine, but I appreciate you looking out for me though

1 Like

Yea I’ve done cdnuts stuff for the past year and it definitely helps. Don’t know if it’ll ever cure me but it makes me feel great and improves my symptoms. I’ve taken each and every supplement on his protocol for the past year and none of it has ever made me worse besides Maca, which gave me bad anxiety.

I was doing very well in December but had to take an anti parasitic drug for a parasitic infection and it made me worse because its apparently anti androgen. So I’m doing a bit worse now but will hopefully improve again.

I think it’s ridiculous that people who’ve never even tried the protocol try to scare people away from it and call it dangerous. I had very severe PFS when I started it and none of it ever made me worse, besides Maca as I mentioned. Even COFFEE would crash me a year ago, but nothing in cd’s protocol did. Just because someone crashed from taking high doses of some random brand of Tribulus, doesn’t mean it’ll crash someone else who takes a good Trib brand once every 14 days and takes a small dose. Same with Vit D. I’ve taken both for a year and never had any negative effects whatsoever.

Obviously everyone’s different and people need to be careful with what they put in their body, but scaring people away from things that will help them is ridiculous. You don’t need to use CD’s affiliate links either if you don’t want to give him money. Also, I’m just saying, I had severe PFS and CD’s stuff has only helped me. I don’t mean to be disrespectful either, just my two cents.

The whole feeling of being scared to take things in fear of making yourself worse, is in itself a symptom of PFS. Or it was for me. I had that feeling everyday as I was getting better but it eventually went away. It’s part of the PFS mental sides. Same with exercising making you worse. It made me worse every time I did it for the first six months. It made me worse in the SHORT TERM, but in the long term it made me better. Felt like death after each gym session or sprinting. Felt like I’d pass out. My legs burned if I stood up for longer than ten minutes. Still did it though, and now I’m a beast at the gym again. Can’t beat it.

EDIT: Glycine made one guy worse, so I’d avoid it if you want to try the protocol. I took it once but binned it after that just in case.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! Yeah you’re right about everything. The lucky thing with me is that exercise makes me feel great. Maybe I get a bit more winded than before and little weaker, but I get the adrenaline going. I can sweat and get a pump and all that. Can I ask if you had muscle wastage or facial changes and if those went away on the protocol? If so, how long did it take?
Also do you follow every aspect of the protocol (breathing, cold showers, etc)

Hey any updates? Did you facial problems ever improve? Did CDNuts protocol work? Your story sounds the most similar to mine of any on this site– I am young as well and I crashed 3.5 weeks ago and a lot of my symptoms have improved except facial wasting and insomnia.

I’m also 17 and have PFS from Minoxidil. I was balding especially early due to back surgeries I had and how painful/stressful the hardware was. (Had it removed eventually) My quick internet research gave me the assumption that Minoxidil wasn’t an anti androgen. Now I know it is.

PFS sucks, and is unfortunately more common in teenagers than we think, I already know 3 people at my school that have post-accutane syndrome, all girls though.

“Facial destruction” is just collagen loss in the skin. The bottom layers of our skin is comprised of dense collagen that is exclusively produced by androgen receptors and testosterone/dht. This can change your face greatly once it’s gone but thankfully your bone structure is the same… I was very attractive before Minoxidil, never good with girls, I guess because of how smart I am but they always asked me if I was gay because of how goodlooking I was despite never having a girl. And I am a bit bi I think now anyways. But now that’s all thrown down the toilet and my skin is grey, dry, and my hair is dry and frizzy, my appearance is drastically different, definitely not normal aging or puberty at all. Unfortunately looks do matter but just remember this is not who you are as a person, rather, it’s a health issue.

You still here somanyregrets? We’re the same age, and both doing the cdnuts protocol. How are you doing?

Haven’t posted here in over a year. Just over two years since my crash. My face has improved so much since early 2020. Cheeks are fattier again, skin less dry, eyes don’t look hollow. Erections still so so. Not getting panic attacks like I was all the time before, and feel generally stronger. Brain fog is also completely gone. Still get muscles twitches at night and after masturbation. Some physical issues like slight weight loss and gum recession haven’t gotten better, but haven’t gotten worse either. Depression and anxiety still a little bad but improving. Being at college is great for keeping myself busy and having better self care. Overall, I’m more or less living a normal life with a few reminders that I have pfs.

2 Likes

Hey,
I’m glad to hear you have some improvement. Are you following any protocol now?

Was doing parts of cdnuts protocol such as paleo, some supplements, exercise, sunlight, cold showers , etc for a while but not since I’ve been at college. Have also tried progesterone and noticed harder erections.

Have you noticed any changes not following the protocol? I included some of that in my daily routine but it’s probably too early to see any results.

Thanks for coming back to update us! It gives us valuable info.

Where did you get the progesterone from?

I have less strong erections and less energy when I don’t follow it. Also less oily skin.

IdeaLabsDC

Also can absolutely confirm that masturbation DOES make me worse. Every time I do it for more than a few days in a row my sex drive goes down, I get slight brain fog, feel depressed, body aches more.

Just a warning to everyone, tried red ginseng (panax ginseng) and might have had a crash of sorts. Ball ache, sensitive nips, Lower back pain, lymph nodes swollen, the muscle twitches that come with a crash, and brain fog / anxiety. Some of these symptoms are signs of testicular cancer so I’m going to my GP tomorrow, but I think it could be due to the supplement.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice! I Hope its just a Crash and i Hope u recover to your previous base line fast!

1 Like