10 years of finasteride

Thank you for updating everyone on your progress @Atreyu. It helps people understand how long-lasting these symptoms can be.

3 Likes

Apart from emotional blunting you have more symptoms from the neurological area?

Really thank you to do these updates.
Are really important for the new generations

1 Like

slurring words, memory loss/forgetfullness, lack of motivation/feeling passive/complacency, i just smile, but don laugh loudly as i use to, only when drunk or smoke a joint…
But i must say the “intensity” of the periods when I felt down withouth no reason has decreased.
Its sad, because when I remember my years at the universitiy, I clearly distinguish before and after finasteride. By that time I used to think it was me, my personality.
In the earlys 2000 there wasnt so much information like now.

4 Likes

Noticed that you have also been dealing with this since 1999 and also didn’t realize why until many years later.

After 23 years, I’ve also forgotten what life should feel like. Crashed severely a few weeks after stopping Accutane, following a brief recovery from mild side-effects while taking the drug. There was a stark difference between before and after that moment. I consider my current state as a sort of afterlife of who and what I was before.

Glad you are managing to get by.

3 Likes