What I believe PFS is

GABA supplements themselves dont work dude. most of them dont cross blood brain barrier

Likehouse, you still do not understand that the gaba receptors seem to be desensitized, are likely dysfunctional, no matter how much gaba you are going to give them they are not going to react properly, the signal is fucked, if true the solution seem to be all the way around and it is all the way around, too much gaba will overstimulate the receptors and it is precisely what we don’t need.
GABA supplements themselves will not work dude, I don’t know if gaba supplement are capable of cross BBB, even the are able to cross BBB will not work.

So where did this perfect english just come from?

1 Like

I am sorry Trump, I know that my English is not perfect but I do my best.

6 Likes

even if you “desensitize” the gaba receptors, the GABA supplements for the most part, wont work.

if somehting like Sage doesnt work, then id think your theory is correct.

I mean, we’re totally ignoring the Di Loreto study showing AR overexpression in foreskin now because Harvard didn’t find differences between PFS and controls in “skin” biopsies from unspecified tissues or unspecified androgen responsive genes they tested?

…or Dr. Goldstein finding vascular abnormalities in PFS patients?

3 Likes

Well, they did find:

DESeq analysis determined there were statistically significant differences in a few of the
androgen-regulated genes

Source: SUPPLEMENTARY APPENDIX: METHODS, Page 19 (this is an appendix to the main paper)

As I wrote previously, and as @Northern_Star pointed out, the main problem with the Bhasin study is that he used back skin instead of previously validated penile skin. Back skin is not rich in 5AR2, thereby not a primary target of finasteride.

5 Likes

Ciao @Dubya_B , my endocrinologist and colleague of Melcangi who studies Post-Finasteride Syndrome, Daniele Santi, has confided to me that the overexpression of AR found in the Di Loreto study is NOT reliable. He argues that the PFS disease is an epigenetic disease and a reduction of neurosteroids.

1 Like

Friend, where is this quote from?

i agree, i just wanted to talk about the GABA Supplements lol

I’ve just posted about a tea that increases GABA. Fermented foods also do the same thing.

I wrote it above, in the supplementary appendix of the main paper.

1 Like

I remember the Harvard study perfectly they find nothing respect androgen receptor, they only find in the MRI differences of neural activity when they where exposed to erotic images, similar to depression patient.and Period.

Others studies maybe found androgen-regulated gene differences as you said,.

The synthesis of neurosteroids is modulated by stress,87 by changes in the estrous cycle,88 by pregnancy,89 and by alcohol.90,91 Changes in neurosteroid levels and subsequent changes in the sensitivity of GABAA receptors have been implicated in the development of premenstrual dysphoric disorder.92 There have been many studies investigating concentrations of neurosteroids in patients with anxiety disorders, although their results have not always been consistent. For example, serum concentrations of pregnenolone have been shown to be lowered in patients with generalized anxiety disorder93 and with generalized social phobia,94whereas progesterone concentrations are increased in patients with panic disorder and are correlated with state anxiety.95 In healthy volunteers receiving cholecystokinin tetrapeptide for induction of an experimental panic attack, an increase in adrenocorticotropic hormone and cortisol levels as well as in 3α,5α-tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone concentrations was observed.

**The synthesis of neurosteroids **is modulated by stress,****[87] Very clear right ?

I believe that I am close to the reality of what is happening at least for PFS type 1

The synthesis of neurosteroids is modulated by stress,87 by changes in the estrous cycle,88 by pregnancy,89 and by alcohol.90,91 Changes in neurosteroid levels and subsequent changes in the sensitivity of GABAA receptors have been implicated in the development of premenstrual dysphoric disorder.92 There have been many studies investigating concentrations of neurosteroids in patients with anxiety disorders, although their results have not always been consistent. For example, serum concentrations of pregnenolone have been shown to be lowered in patients with generalized anxiety disorder93 and with generalized social phobia,94whereas progesterone concentrations are increased in patients with panic disorder and are correlated with state anxiety.95 In healthy volunteers receiving cholecystokinin tetrapeptide for induction of an experimental panic attack, an increase in adrenocorticotropic hormone and cortisol levels as well as in 3α,5α-tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone concentrations was observed.

**The synthesis of neurosteroids **is modulated by stress,****[87] Very clear right ?

I believe that I am close to the reality of what is happening at least for PFS type 1

Note: All this will be directed link with sexual side including, penis numbness,

Others like gynecomastia, penis shrinkage no have nothing to do with it ( but with PFS type 2)

1 Like

What about the types to seem to exhibit both PFS 1 & PFS 2?

This is an interesting theory but suffering from PFS for so very long I’d wish to share my take on this.

I’m indeed a firm believer that finesteride screws up many bodily functions and create a state of chaos. This is why I also believe there’s not a cut and dry solution, or should I say panacea, to this. Many body chemicals and functions need to be addressed (i.e. global approach).

IMHO, one needs to start with proper testings for as many parameters as possible to devise a road map. In my personal experience, I found numerous stuff that were out of order including low ferritin, higher than usual TSH, low FT3 & FT4, sub optimal body temperature, low calcium, low DHEA, high sodium, high cortisol, very low estrogen, messed up gut function with symptoms like bloating and constipation, reduced hemoglobin, high LDL cholesterol among others.

The GABAA theory is particularly interesting because having a compromised gut also influences GABA. There is certain gut microbiome that produces GABA so gut issues can certainly have an adverse effect on its level. Good luck!

I also believe that stress ( caused by Finasteride ) also can affect several organs function, stress can kill you, and sometime make you kill your self.

2 Likes

I will say the type 2, they will have have the symptoms of hypogonadism that includes
Depression, low libido, ED…etc.

Guys, if problem is GABA somehow, is it risky to take Taurine? Im gonna do it. Anyways thanks. Will post results.