Brain fog (damage) thread

I have this too.

I frequently stare into space and am semi-conscious that I am doing so. My thoughts are going away from me, I vaguely recognize that I am “thinking,” but they seem far, far away.

I often feel detached from my body and from those around me, as if I were experiencing a dream reality. Everything seems to move smoothly by me, as if the world is quick but I am slow.

I cannot think clearly. I struggle to work and maintain normality. I thought my cortisol was low and that I had Addison’s disease but my morning cortisol came back relatively high.

The only thing that helps me is a little bit of red wine. Somehow I can function as a human for a brief span of time before lapsing back into the void.

2 Likes

Hey all, just thought i’d pop back in and say that Brain fog hasn’t been an issue for me for 5+ years maybe longer i really cant remember. I actually get it occasionally (once or twice a year). It was the worst symptom i personally experienced, i used to slur my words, my brain shut down i just couldn’t think or have a conversation easily. It never left, even when i was at home i was fucked.

I actually would feel confident this symptom will go though. Work on your anxiety (look through my posts if you want advice in this regard). I’ve read a shit load of recovery stories and brain fog pretty much always goes.

Cheers

1 Like

How long did it take to go, I’m about 2 half years in and still have it?

Hey man,

Do you have a member story? Couldn’t find your story anywhere

Hey, welcome back. I noticed in your member story you mentioned that you had vision issues? Can you describe them? Did they ever get better?

I recon my brain fog went around the 3-4 year Mark actually. I remember id wake up every single morning and do a check (do i have fog today) and 9 times out of 10 it was a yes. My day would normally feel like a write off from then on.

Then at some point it just became 4/7 days a week, then 2, then it just disappeared entirely. I do think its related strongly to anxiety and worry. If you worry a lot it’ll tire your brain out but my sleep has also improved quite a lot over the years too (probably also due to anxiety).

Re Vision problems - I actually went for a driving test and put my eyes through some machine and my vision was really blurry, i was told i needed glasses to drive. That was around 6 or 7 years ago now and i don’t need / wear glasses. I drive for a living and can read a number plate from quite far away no issues. I also remember some days sitting at the back in a uni lecture unable to read the slides, yet other days i was fine…

3 Likes

Just wondering if anyone had looked into stem cell therapy for brain fog. The cells have anti inflammatory properties for the immune system.

Nope.

Interesting. I think there is a connection between anxiety and brain fog too, but I think that my brain fog causes my anxiety.

I have recently got the symptom after 2 years of finasteride. I put up with some other side effects that would come and go, but this one convinced me to begin the slow taper process.

I read Cordyceps up regulate 5aR activity. Does anyone know if this true?

1 Like

Hope this helps someone… to recover… so just like others i have been suffering from mail pattern baldness and my dermatologists suggested me to start with finastride and described as the only hope to restore my hair… after explaining him about what this drug does to me ( although had been on this earlier for a short time of 1 week i discontinued it ) he only showed this as a hope and decided to go for it with a strong mindset… 20 days later i started suffering from all major symptoms that finastride does in destroying… your body… not sure why is a medication like this still available in the market and how the hell has it been approved by FDA trust me money can get anything approved so has this compound… it started with anxiety and insomina in the night my sleep just reduced from 10 hours to 6 hours and then 5… i knew something was wrong and decided to stop it immediately… now begins the post finastride syndromes brain fog, lack of concentration. with things getting worst i decided to get a blood test routine done… and found out that Vitam D and B12 goes extremply down…( not the first time i saw this after being on finastride for a week) be aware I believe YOU WILL BE FINE u just need to be patient u need to stay strong after quitting finastride you could start with B12 tablets, I believe that gets back your nervous system and thinking back to normal (all the weired thoughts isnt you its the chemical still in your system talking not you). I believe your body will start to recover eventually depends on how long you have been on it. start working out with light excercies , do not stress too much, stay away from social media as much as possible, you could try GREEN TEA once a day, I believe this will relieve you immediately from brain fog in a few days…and detoxes your system completely. drink a lot of water listen to some music and just eat healthy salad foods am recovering and feel much better after a month and half off this desctructive tablet. Your state of mind is more important than anything else in the world. once again I believe you will be fine just be patient. Hope this helps in saving someone. good luck!

2 Likes

Is b12 safe to take or is it a methyl donor? Anyone?

Don’t think it’s safe for PFS patients

be careful with green tea, its a light anti-androgen

I’m just not sure how to deal with or manage the seemingly invisible mental health conditions that nobody has any answers for. The emotional blunting, feeling so numbed out and not being able to feel things like the weather, days, weeks, months, seasons of the year, feelings of nature, energy and excitement in the air, sense of breathing in fresh air. Feeling absolutely no connection to myself. Complete loss of personality. There is nothing that makes it better, at least that I have found. How can something so notorious for causing mental health problems be prescribed and when it does have negative side effects it’s just oh well, there’s nothing that can be done for you! We don’t really care to look into the science and causes, we’ll just call it depression and do nothing to help you! Something I literally only took for 4 weeks to cause problems that still are wreaking havoc on me 2 years later. Absolutely criminal.

1 Like

me too,but I am accustomed to this
feeling,do youfeel better?

I used maybe 50 cents worth of the medication and it has had horrible long lasting effects on my life. I wouldn’t say ruined it cause I’m still thankful for the things I’ve been able to accomplish since taking the medication because I’ve fought hard. But I reflect on not being able to accomplish more a lot because with this disease I’m aware of the impairment all day. As well as coming back to this site everyday anticipating someone or the organization has made a breakthrough keeps me in a worse state, every now and then useful information pops up and if i see someone who needs help, if I feel I have something to offer I do my best.
Criminal is an understatement, words can’t even describe how I feel what has happened to me. It’s like I’ve been sentenced to a lifetime of feeling stupid that I traded for my pocket change.

2 Likes

I had this feeling a month or two ago, but now I feel much better, but I still feel very Insipid

Hit this line, what I want to say is that I’ve got rid of my depersonalization one month ago, but my thinking, logic and memory are still very bad, accompanied by lingering, moving headache (it feels like an air flow in my mind), my eyesight is very clear, and I occasionally watch the screen shake, Does anyone recover from this feeling?
I can hide my cock, but I need my brain. Would anyone like to share the process of “cognitive recovery”?

1 Like