Brain fog (damage) thread

Hello,

I was very surprised when I found this thread. I feel so much sympathy with all of you guys here.

Now I will talk about my symptoms:

1. Feeling “stupid”. I used to be admired in my work and very respected. I was very quick to troubleshoot and solve technical issues, and always was a top performer, but I started feeling like I was 2 people in 1, I mean, when I was “the smart guy” I could develop very good software, but when I was “the dumb guy” it was very hard to me to develop and create new software, and sometimes when I was “the smart guy” again and I was troubleshooting issues generated by the bad software created by “the dumb guy” I was surprised! I end up saying to myself How it is possible that I was the one who created this shit! I could not believe that I did some big mistakes! So that’s why I say that I feel like 2 people in 1.
  2. Difficulty to talk. Some people, specially my wife, she told me that I speak very slow, in comparison with the older me, and some other people told me the same, that’s how I realized it.
  3. Bad short term memory: I sometimes got freaked out, that I found myself in the middle of one of the rooms of my house, and I could not remember why I was there in the first place! It really freaked me out.

I had been taking Finasteride for 10 years, and never suspected that it could be the cause for my problem. My father tells me old the time things like it is normal to be losing mental capabilities as you get older, that he used to be smarter when he was younger, so it was normal I though, but I started freaking out, if I’m 34 years old and I feel the way I do right now, I don’t want to thing about how I might be when I turn 44, or 54!

So these are my list of symptoms…

I am 33 here next week and I have very very similar issues. I am really annoyed by this because I used to be very witty and say funny things. Not so much now… I am just gonna experiment with with various supps in the next few months to try and improve mental clarity. If I find anything worthwhile I will post back.

I know exactly how you feel. I also went thru a very scary experience with this. I felt like everything was “fake” … I remember how scared I was because I was so depressed and everything all of a sudden didn’t seem real. I felt like this was going to last forever. I stopped taking propecia 2 years ago after having lost my fiancée and my job because of brain fog… And I can tell you after two years of intense self-work… Exercise, yoga, therapy… I finally feel better.
I need to mention that for me it wasn’t just the propecia that caused this crash… Stressful life circumstances brought on the extreme conditions that the propecia lessened my ability to deal with… Which lead to an overwhelming arount of depression, anxiety, and overall feeling of disconnection … I was so removed I thought I was going crazy… I can tell you now in retrospect that you will be able to get through this … Stop taking propecia, start a yoga routine and see a therapist and do other forms of exercise… It takes time, and a lot of work… But somehow getting thru this experience actually made me a better person. In an odd way I actually am thankful for this terribly difficult experience … But I must learn from it and I’m here to help anyone going thru it … Propecia for sure lessens yor ability to handle stress and it can cascade you down a terrible path of an emotional crash that will take years to recover from…
But I had the exact symptoms I see described here… Disconnection, feeling of being in a movie that is fake… Things aren’t real… The "Who am I? " feeling … Sort of an existential crisis … It feels like an emotional breakdown but you are calm and quiet and sad…
When I look back I remember it was the scariest time of my life… Like being on drugs without ever being able to come down…
I believe Propecia enhances anxiety and depression … So if you feel a little bit, propecia will multiply it by 10! I encourage anyone with this symptom to stop taking it and to start a regiment of Yoga and therapy

Guys does anyone suffeeing vision color changes and slow motion vision, also when i look light then close my eyes, i see eye nerves (SERIOUSLY NO JOKE) then 2 3 seconds later they dissapear. WTF is this?

The slow motion vision started 1 month after quitting, what about this other stuff? Night blindness and the nerve issue?

Honestly i really dont know first 3 months i even dont recognise myself i was in a really heavy brain fog which so many guys cant imagine, probably in those days my vision is fucked. I think you shouldnt worry about new sides. The damage is done already i dont think your symptoms will worsen.

Btw you are talking about my slow vision right? I mean you dont have that? I hope you dont because its REALLY SUCKS.

Nope, No slow motion vision.

Slow to process the information from vision.

1 Like

Yeah exactly.

I saw these at a forum recommended for fatigue:

rhodiola rosea

L-phenylalanine

Anyone heard/tried?

I’ve got brain fog and am currently on the ketogenic diet to help. I will report back any improvements.

Thanks, good luck.

I am going to try 5-htp. See if it helps. Also going to try colostrum. I think I’m also going to try JQD’s protocol with T and some other stuff.

Please let us know if anything works.

You sound just like me

it seems finasteride destroyed the life of most of people in this forum.
I am included in this statistic with all the same symptoms… I am almost convinced here´s no cure for this desease after have tried all kind of medicines / vitamins and today when I wake up I just pray for god for not let these symptoms develop Alzheimer desease… sadly he sympoms are almost the same and I fear how I will be after 20 years from today because each day I feel I am losing memory, humor, concentration, social life, desires, motivation, identity…

Hate to say it man, but I’m in the same boat.

I was wondering if we might be able to compile a list of every neurosteriod that can be tested for from cerebral spinal fluid. I know the Italian study tested for like 10 or so neurosteriods. I wonder which ones they didn’t test for. Maybe there’s a different neurosteriod that they missed, which could be a critical piece of the puzzle.

Allopregnenolone was definitely low, but I wonder if maybe we’re missing something else as well.

My doctor says that all PFS is, is low Testosterone. I don’t believe this, but increasing testosterone and dht does seem to help. He prescribed by HCG, which increase T indirectly. I think it helps. It’s hasn’t been a 100% fix.

Stress definitely sets my symptoms off and makes them worse. My job makes my condition worse. I think there’s a good chance that this is just a hormonal imbalance, because I have had days where I fully recovered.

I don’t know how some of these guys say that they have fully recovered and they’re 100% back to normal. My condition is pretty severe. I’m not sure I’ll be able to post one day in the “Recovery” threads. I hope so, but not sure.

I am interested in CDnut’s protocol. I think I taught my body to develop this condition by stopping and starting propecia, so I have a suspicion that by cycling on and off of hormone treatments that are pro-T, it might teach my body to heal itself again.

Hey man… I don’t know how new you are to PFS. Some things that have helped me is following this guys recommendations:
youtube.com/watch?v=kCJsTHbRSNY

He has a website advising beet kvass and special sauerkraut. Sounds weird, but read his website. It helps.

Also, sign up for solvepfs.com website, if you’re not already on there. There’s some ground breaking experimentation going on there.

Try Test, Masteron, and HCG. You’ll realize they have an impact. Read up on it first. Check out JQD’s blog. There’s some good info on there. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Gham, thanks for your reply, I just sign up solvepfs forum!!!
about HCG and Masteron, they are very expensive… it´s more advantageous to take testosterone injectable each 4 months. Last consult with the doctor I felt very scared due to my testosterone level reached the botton level. He prescribed me testosterone injectable and I am going to experience it next weeks. I jus would like to know the answer for why after 5 years off finasteride my body is still decreasing testosterone levels. Also I am impressed with the lack of knowledge and experience from doctors regarding PFS… it seems most of them knows less threaments then us.

What do you think all members from this forum join together and start a judicial action against Merk for destroying our life?