SSRI to increase allopregenolone starting today

What dosage did u use?

It lowers the GI of food - do u eat a high carb diet?

@SIMMS

No dosage really. I just take a couple nice swigs maybe 20 minutes before I try to fall asleep and it helps to become a bit drowsy. May be worth a shot. I know everyone is different with this syndrome, but it may work if you are having heavy sleep issues.

My diet is not really strict. I eat a bit of this and a bit of that. Heavy sugar and alcohol really mess me up now so I avoid alcohol completely and try to avoid sugar. I go for lots of protein because I read cards just turn to sugar anyways. On a daily basis, I eat fish, avocado, an egg, some veggies, nuts and fruit.

I would highly recommend apple cider vinegar and fasting. At 2 years off finasteride both of those are going to be my ‘vices’ so to speak and maybe another run of dutasteride.

why are u going to take dutaseride lol?

for the love of god don’t take zoloft

Some bumpkin doctor prescribed me Zoloft for anxiety in 2003 knowing that I already had problems with sexual dysfunction.
Second worst drug I’ve ever taken.
Got rid of the anxiety, but actually gave me severe brain fog.
My penile numbness and difficulty ejaculating turned into a complete absence of sexual pleasure and I was only able to get-off maybe once or twice the entire time I was on it. (might as well have been using my fingers)

Thankfully the zoloft sides went away about a week after quitting, and I went back to feeling as shitty as usual.

I think if anything an SSRI would only make your brain fog worse.
Hopefully this is a last resort, and you prove me wrong if you decide to take it.

Thanks for ur experience.

This is a last restort, but be aware i’ve tried A LOT OF things.

It’s only 25mg Zoloft.

That’s 24mg more than a 1mg propecia tablet as long as you are rationalizing by mass.

lol - that is like saying “1g of fat” is a lot because it’s 1000 times the propecia tablet.

25mg Zoloft is 1/2 the minimum dose recommended for depression. 50-200 is the standard amount.

Some members on this forum are here after taking .5mg or less of finasteride.

I see you acknowledge my point but still don’t comprehend it. Fin has a flat dose response rate. Do a search for “flat dose response rate” here on the forum to review the literature. If you take half the minimum recommended dose of finasteride for mpb you will get essentially the same response. This is why you can’t ween off the drug. If this holds true for so loft I can’t say, however it shows the fallacy of rationalizing that a potent pharmaceutical chemical is safe simply by consuming a smaller amount of it.

I’m aware Zoloft is taking a risk, but short of doing nothing, all options involve risk as far as i see it.

Again, i don’t care about sexual side effects. I’m not seeing any clear ways to improve neurotrasmitters on this forum

10 days in - no real changes yet good or bad

Can you please post the study which you are going off?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC23979/

sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/11/991110061714.htm

books.google.com.au/books?id=BJumUEbiaPYC&pg=PA486&lpg=PA486&dq=ssri+allopregnanolone&source=bl&ots=mWABAQ60qK&sig=KCqhfuZNC-7Jr08QVprvdxRsUP8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=QCRwT52rBIqciAeklOzsCg&ved=0CEQQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=ssri%20allopregnanolone&f=false

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21981145 (would like to see entire article)

Sorry see below but if u allow me a week i’ll summarise all

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22045256

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21981145

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21945799 (not sure what additive not facilitative effect means)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20971127 (SSRI not marketed)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20716970

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19721248

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19549549 (DHEA opposite to all opreg)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19157982

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18473173

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18455305 (another drug)

Olanzapine and clozapine ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12496935

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12420152 (dhea and SSRI)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14563706 (don’t understand)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12571361

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12416991 (not done by 3alpha-HSD type III)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15069199

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16996120 n(pregneg)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16432684

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16249906

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15677716 “Our results support the view that TP-induced aggressive behavior is the result of a TP-mediated neurosteroid biosynthesis down-regulation that can be reversed by the S-NFLX-induced increase of brain Allo content.”

Olanzapine and clozapine ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12496935

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12420152 (dhea and SSRI)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14563706 (don’t understand)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12571361

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12416991 (not done by 3alpha-HSD type III)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15069199

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16996120 n(pregneg)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16432684

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16249906

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15677716 “Our results support the view that TP-induced aggressive behavior is the result of a TP-mediated neurosteroid biosynthesis down-regulation that can be reversed by the S-NFLX-induced increase of brain Allo content.”

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15364024 (countering by finasteride)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15100702 (anti-psychotic drugs)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15069199 (see different isomers)

Please update

I started taking a micro-dose of Prozac (fluoxetine) about 5 or 6 weeks ago, based on similar research I had seen. I take 2.5mg daily (normal dose is 20-40mg). So far, I’ve been happy with the results. My main issues were brain fog and anxiety. I have definitely noticed an improvement in both.

Many people on here stated that they felt ssri’s are a bad idea - most notably because of potential sexual dysfunction. 2.5mg has been shown to increase allopregnanolone significantly, but it’s not high enough to even touch serotonin. I haven’t noticed any sides, at all.

If you are experiencing brain fog symptoms several months after quitting, I would recommend trying low dose Prozac. I personally feel it can’t hurt anything, and in my case, I would say my mental issues have improved 50-75%.

Not exactly on point but I found this info useful:

Anyone want to update? It’s been almost a month since I took 1 mg Fin and two weeks after and onwards I’ve been experiencing sudden severe insomnia. Anyone have success with this shortly after withdrawing from fin?