Rb26dett Story with 5-HTP

I did blood tests, but I have to wait for the results. I’m getting worse by the day

1 Like

Arimidex is very dangerous. I read the story of a boy who had problems with his bones and had to commit suicide …

Yes I am aware I’m most likely going to stop, I just wish testosterone wouldn’t convert so quickly for me, otherwise I think it would help. Are you talking about douglasmich? I think that was his username, how much AI was he taking??

The other day I had to do a colonoscopy for my extreme constipation. To take the exam, they had to sedate me using Midazolam. during the sedation, the anesthesiologist had difficulty because the Midazolam did not work, so he had to raise the dose to the point that I had only a large memory gap. To wake me up, they used Flumazenil. To everyone’s surprise, I immediately stood up and went to get dressed. The next day, I woke up again with tremendous anxiety and depression. I cried a lot and I didn’t want to do anything anymore. along with anxiety, suicidal thoughts are returning. I have the same symptoms as Zidag (no response to alcohol or drugs). I’m continuing in this direction, I can’t calm down. Furthermore, the sexual symptoms are getting worse. Both of the substances they gave me work on GABA-a receptors. It occurs to me that these receptors are very involved in our condition. Although three days have passed, I can’t get my baseline back. I’m desperate and I think about suicide all day. I have a fantastic family, really, if it weren’t for them I would have taken my life by now. I need help.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that @Rb26dett.

I just wanted to say that I had surgery a while ago and was extremely worried about the anesthesia’s effectiveness on PFS patients.

I searched the forum a lot and couldn’t find a lot of reassurance but as far as my experience of the surgery went, it was exactly as most people say, that I both lost consciousness as expected and awoke in recovery in the normal way.

I only post this for anyone else expecting surgery and worried about the process as a pfs patient.

I’m sorry to hear about your experience and hope you make a full recovery very soon.

1 Like

Wow, I also had brutal problems when I had anesthesia injected. The doctor who I am seeing says this is because of chemical sensitivity (in fact, my chemical sensitivity started to get stronger at that time). But the truth is that since my PFS started, the strangest things have happened, specially regarding the nervous system, so I don’t really know what is the real reason of this reaction.

After some days of having the anesthesia, the nerves surrounding the area in which I had the anesthesia started to become overwhelmingly painful and had serious problems related to the nervous system (intermitent paresthesias, etc.).

Others in the forum have also had nervous system related problems with procedures which usually don’t cause any kind of problems to healthy people. Although, it is also true that they are not mild cases.

I was given Midazolam, a benzodiazepine. The reaction is absurd, also because I often use Clonazepam … I can’t explain it.

Maybe I got influenced by the fact that the benzodiazepine didn’t work … It reminded me that my body is no longer as functional as it should be. I believe that the psyche has a great influence on the development of the deterioration.

Hi @Rb26dett - I think your case is important and I would like to discuss it further with you in pm if you would be willing. Could you please tell me how well documented your situation is in your medical records by the clinicians you have seen, in terms of the symptoms you’re experiencing? Thank you.

Hi @axolotl, I have the feeling that doctors don’t take me seriously. Almost as if I were “imaginary sick”. I want to clarify that I was also given a psychiatric examination which shows that my problem cannot depend on my mood. I have a serious problem of constipation, I make faeces in balls once every 10 days, I do not gain mass, I have muscle weakness and loss of muscles, I have a severe ED, my sweating is very small, I do not respond to alcohol, I no longer remember the dreams that I do, I have serious problems with concentration and brain fog. The outcome of the colonoscopy is: neoformation of the sigma. My Testosterone values ​​tend to be low, DHEA - s values ​​are below average, albumin is high. TRT had no major effects, maybe it worked a little on the response to erection … My penis is getting smaller and cold, my testicles less full.

Around mid-April I had a 50% spontaneous improvement, with greater libido and more consistent erections. It lasted two weeks, then it went away as it had arrived. Around May I had another time when I was better (I had no more suicidal thoughts and I had more energy and desire to work). I have recently returned to the starting line: no libido, severe ED, brain fog, suicidal thoughts. During this time I am slowly removing Clonazepam. I went from 1.5mg a day to 0.3mg a day and I’m going to eliminate it completely. My symptoms continue to get worse. The beard has suddenly stopped growing, my hair is falling very fast, the hair on my body is much thinner. The only positive thing is that I have found that my skin is still able to tan. The other day I was a few hours in the sun and I got tanned, with no sunburn. I can’t understand why my PSSD has so many symptoms in common with PFS, even physical ones.

1 Like

Me either. You would think, at least by presumably different anti-androgenic effects on different tissues, that there would be a noticable difference in the symptoms and their severity among PFS, PAS, and PSSD groups.

The survey is indicating that variabllity is more dependent on the individual than the drug they took which caused this condition and that these conditions are practically identical.

It can turn out actually that 5ar has nothing to do with our condition. Or at least is not a key factor. And I wouldnt be surprised. Its just because its one of the most studied direction and everyone picked up this idea, but its a good starting point. I believe serotonin and dopamine dysregulations are also strongly involved in this condition. Especially 5ht1a and 5ht2c receptors. I had amazing improvements with periactin which is antagonis of these receptors. Also Foxo1 idea is somehow dismissed, potentially p53/Foxo1/b-catenin chain reaction.

1 Like

Have you considered that systemic dysregulation of multiple pathways could be a result of the root cause of this condition?

It is also very plausible that the increase in FOX-O1 seen during Accutane treatment is responsible for the bulk of its anti-androgenic effect by suppressing AR signalling. This was once the focus of the discussion surrounding FOX-O1 and Accutane:

An anti-androgenic effect can result from drugs that increase serotonin:

5-ar inhibition is just another way to achieve the anti-androgenic effect.

4 Likes

I’m loosing myself. I would just like to be able to train, play sports to distract myself from this horrible situation, but it is not possible, my muscles do not tolerate the slightest effort.

I feel close to the end of my journey. I think I’ll try low doses of antidepressants, hoping they’ll somehow help. I can’t tolerate this hell yet.

Is there nothing else you could distract yourself with?

Only Formula 1, but is once every two weeks… I lost my job, my parent haven’t money, i can’t buy a good Computer to play videogames. I have no hopes. It’s almost one year that I stopped drugs, but I’m still worsening. I haven’t money to pay doctors.

Yes, and downstream downregulation (proved in studies) of b-catenin could also be involved in hair loss in PAS. Wnt/b-catenin pathway is responsible for controlling anagen/catagen phases. Downregulation of b catenin could lead to non androgen related hair loss. Moreover, new generation hair loss treatment is based on that concept, and there are trials going on already.
I found some relatively safe FOXO1 inhibitors and will try them in near future.

Regarding neurotransmitters. Of course this study doesn’t prove much, but can’t be ignored as well. 5ht1a is strongly associated with ED. I will keep exploring this because of the positive result with periactin and just need to find selective antagonist now, because cyproheptadine bombard all receptors.

I took periactin about 1 month ago, it made me feel seek and tired for 2 days… I took 2mg, maybe i should try a lower dose

Yes it will make you feel tired as its quite sedative.I took it only before bed. But I see you are not in the best condition at the moment, so I would not recommend taking it until you are more or less stable. If you want to try anti depressants, you can have a look into bupropion it is different from typical tricyclic antidepressants and have less side effects. IT saved some people from depression and improved motivation as well as libido. Search for a bupropion thread.