*** Post your VITAMIN D (25-OH / 25-hydroxyvitamin D) result

Have you done ultrasound to parathyrood?

Have a slight metallic taste in mouth(but can’t say that this is the for sure reason), can’t say any bone pain other than just normal aches, do have a general weakness feeling after propecia. I do get aches much more frequently though compared to post fin, also my right knee hurts a lot when sitting down

And Xptriado,
I have not had parathyroid test done, do you guys just mean t3,t4,tsh?

It is parathyroid test PTH.

No, the best is to start by testing pth, 1.25D OH D3, calcium IONIzed, Calcium Total, 25OH D3, phosphorus, and ultrasound.

Later you can do a stimulation test as well.

Talk to enden as well. He has been through a parathyrpid issue that was very stealth, for a long time and he solved it.

Ur clonazepam experience may be related to calcium as these benzos act on Ca2+ channels

I have got my blood results.
My vitD despite 5000-6000 daily is barely in the range
My calcium and Magnesuim on the high end. Definitely there is something wrong with our calcium.
My dr did not pay attention to why with low vitD my calcium is in high end.
I am thinking for more tests maybe urine calcium and magnesium

My parea thyroid hormone is normal right in the mid range, nothing wrong.
I have got blood test reading of another guy. he has blood calcium above normal but PTH normal. So there is someother mechanism which is knocking calcium out without PTH.

Got my test results today: 16,40 ng/mL (range 30 - 100)
Stopped with fin 2 years ago, used for 4 months.

So I really have PFS then? I was hoping it was just a psychological or another minor, more easily treatable cause. Now I’m miserable, I am just 22 years old, can’t believe a shitty med that I took for 4 months ruined my life.

26,5 ng/ml, with integration i arrived at 28, always under range (30-100)

25 HYDROXY VITAMINE D : 51 nmol/L

hey guys I could really use some help with the results I got:

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, D2: <4
VITAMIN D, 25-OH, D3: 50
VITAMIN D, 25-OH, TOTAL: 50 (range 30-100)

is this good or bad? Why is my D2 so low? I’ve been supplementing for the last 2 years with 4,000iu of vit D3…is this too much or too little?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

This thread has died but this is important thread and needs to be alive all the time. All the tests are about 25-OH but we need also 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol (1,25-D), the active metabolite of vitamin D.
for people in UK
http://www.southend.nhs.uk/pathology-handbook/test-directory/test-directory-v-index/1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin-d-(1,25-dhcc)/

My results:

Just note that I am at 80-90% recovered.

Regards,

Thanks Tomas.
your Vit D1,25-OH is way above the range. What did your dr say about it?
Are you on Vit supp or were you ,while you took these tests?

I took them in a well-known laboratori in Spain, Echevarne, all of them.

I didn’t take any supplements, just took quite a lot of sun…I live in Spain so we do have a lot of Sun all year.
I do recommend to take it.

Regards.

1 Like

So your doctor did not explain why your D 1,25 is so high 103 ( range : 19.6 - 54)?

Nop he didn’t…i supose that this was not dangerous. During that time (april) I use to take a lot of sun in the midday and also because I used to go to the beach to play beachvolley…so I suposse that the day after taking quite a lot of sun it could be normal.

Regards.

I dont know if this is normal to have high Vit D 1,25 but if this is the case then why there is a range for it. Maybe we should some healthy people take this test and we compare it with their values.

Are these ranges ok? Maybe they are the other way around?

If so, I’d test the parathyroid. That 1.25 d level is very high. You should test pth and a few other. Check my post, a little bit above

Test date 06-July-19
Been off Fin for 3 years

Vitamin D3 (25-OH) 46.5 LOW (rec. > 75 ) nmol/L, method ECLIA; Roche

I remember mine being slightly over the healthy range. She said it was healthy but I should consider supplementing.

Probably 43 nmol/L with a range of 20-120