I think PFS is an autoimmune disorder

Im tempted to sleep 3hrs a day for a week just to improve my symptoms.

Please let me know what dosage you took of cyclosporine, I’m on it right now for 100mg twice per day which is a high dose, don’t notice anything yet but it’s only been a week

WTF guys check this out

“They inhibit the conversion of HMG-CoA to mevalonic acid, which is an important early step in cholesterol synthesis.
An underrecognized adverse effect of statin use is NAM that does not resolve upon statin cessation, associated with anti-HMGCR antibodies
Because anti-HMGCR antibody–associated NAM may occur long after initial exposure or even after statin cessation, the triggering role of statins may not be recognized”

We see this with PFS crashes. Some crash on the drug and some crash months after.

“Statins may increase the expression of HMGCR as the first step to initiating autoimmunity. However, the immune-mediated muscle damage initiated in the presence of statins may be sustained long after statin cessation through persistently increased HMGCR expression in regenerating muscle fibers.”

The PFS studies showed overexpressed AR !

Guys this is really interesting @gary baron check out what they use to treat Statin induced reductase antibodies

Clinical course and treatment of anti-HMGCR antibody–associated necrotizing autoimmune myopathy
nn.neurology.org/content/2/3/e96.full

1 Like

That’s some interesting stuff man, I definitely believe in the overexpression theory of AR,
Cyclosporine is very similar to methotrexate, what they used in the study, I do have some prednisone left over I might add some in for a short time

Now I’m tempted to have immunosuppressive therapy too.

Dude now I realize this study is some MAJOR news, and they used cyclosporine as well

We will never know until a someone tests 5ar 1/2/3 antibody. Who knows what that could do. It could even be something else that has an antibody.

But following the immunosuppressive protocol in these studies would be interesting but a risk because we don’t know for sure what pfs is.

If i recall correctly some guy years back had a back surgery with PFS. He took corticosteroids after and he had spontaneous remission from PFS

There is also a guy on solvepfs.com that had a typloid vaccine and it cured his pfs for 3 days like a switch went back on. More reason to believe the immune is the root

If it really is auto-immune, this treatment can cure it:
richarddawkins.net/2016/01/canc … e-results/

Yes that is best treatment for autoimmune

But we need proof. I can’t believe we have all this anecdotal evidence of people recovering temporarily from immune changes like vaccinesc, flus, sleep deprivation and not to mention published scientific evidence of a reductase inhibitor causing enzyme antibodies leading to persistent side effects after quitting and the studies are not testing for antibodies! !!

I think we need to crowd found and find a place that will test 5AR antibody. Then get 3-5 guys with androgen resistance to go get the test. Would help rule this out. We have no idea what a 5ar antibody could do. Studies have shown lowered 5ar reduced metabolites which tells us 5ar is fucked

1 Like

Very interesting.

“Scientists discover microbiome that may be responsible for male reproductive disorders”
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ … 031516.php

npr.org/templates/story/stor … d=16956039

I took saw palmetto for few months. I can say there are two phases of my syndrome about immune behaviour.
In the first phase I got bad ear infections and heavy flu, like I never had in all my life.
In the second phase I never had anymore infections/flu.
From my blood test I discovered altered LAC, lupus anticoagulant antibody. I haven’t systemic lupus, other tests for it are fine. LAC is a marker that something is wrong for immune system.
I think that saw palmetto/finasteride has altered hormonal balance during the treatment(I had big libido at the beggining) or after the dismission(more estrogenic profile, low T/E value) and this has triggered the immune system.
Is the immune system that blocks the recovery or is a better hormonal balance that has to calm down the altered immune system that so is only a symptom ?

Any news on this AI front, guys? Recoveries, improved symptoms, anything?

I have never been big on autoimmune theories.

However with all the digestion issues pfs people end up with I have became curious to know how many of us have IBD such as crones or ulcerative colitis. These are both autoimmune diseases and if any of us experienced the onset of either one of these types of IBD after stopping a 5AR inhibitor than that would mean stopping the DHT inhibitor triggered that autoimmune response in the our guts.

Not entirely on track with this thread but the triggering of one autoimmune disease could be a strong indication that it triggered others in our bodies as well.

I’m getting a colonoscpy soon to see if I have IBD. I’d like to see others get one as well.

1 Like

WTF??? :fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful:

updates? This thread about Autoimmune disorder should not die. There might be a link.

2 Likes

Guys the reason I am writing again here is that one of my friends has got sides from Statins. His symptoms are 100% like PFS. Does Finasteride inhibits HMGCR too and the effect is same as Statins?–> Needs research.
IF we have got Antibodies against HMGCR then immuno suppressants are not going to help (as some of us have already tired and failed).

The patient did not improve with steroid and methotrexate and required monthly intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy. Muscle strength gradually improved, CK levels normalized and IVIG were stopped 1year later. Screening for anti-HMGCR antibodies, not available at the time of presentation, was highly positive. Identification of anti-HMGCR antibodies in statin-exposed patients with myopathy appears to be helpful both for differential diagnosis and for treatment strategy. In patients who did not improve after discontinuation of the statin treatment, a muscle biopsy should be performed as well as screening for anti-HMGCR antibodies. Patients with this disorder require aggressive immunosuppressive treatment.

1 Like

Also substanc that I have hired… “rutin inhibited the transcriptions of 3‐hydroxy‐3‐methylglutaryl‐coenzyme A (HMG‐CoA) reductase (HMGCR)” https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2010.02033.x such as Finasteride…