no body odor and no sweating from armpits

Well, at first i didnt know why this was happening. But after research its pretty clear.

My face and hair have nearly no oil to them anymore, i used to have to wash my face multiple times a day, now i could probably go 3 days without washing my face. My hair i could go multiple days without washing it, i used to have to wash it nearly everyday or else it go so oily. My beard is much less dense now, and it takes many days to grow in, i used to have to shave everyday.

My armpits nearly never sweat…ever, i could be drenched in sweat from gym, armpits usually totally dry, and i used to have intense body odor, now i can wear the same shirt for a week, no smell. I used to be able to wear a shirt a day at best before it was disgusting.

There are two types of sweat glands-

From wikipedia -

Apocrine
Main article: Apocrine sweat gland
Apocrine sweat glands are found in the armpit, areola (around the nipples), perineum (between the anus and genitals), in the ear, and in the eyelids. The secretory portion is larger than that of eccrine glands (making them larger overall). Rather than opening directly onto the surface of the skin, apocrine glands secrete sweat into the pilary canal of the hair follicle.[8]

Before puberty, the apocrine sweat glands are inactive;[27] hormonal changes in puberty cause the glands to increase in size and begin functioning.[28] The substance secreted is thicker than eccrine sweat and provides nutrients for bacteria on the skin: the bacteria’s decomposition of sweat is what creates the acrid odor.[29] Apocrine sweat glands are most active in times of stress and sexual excitement.[30]

In mammals (including humans), apocrine sweat contains pheromone-like compounds to attract the opposite sex. Study of human sweat has revealed differences between men and women in apocrine secretions and bacteria.[31]

The other sweat glands are called eccrine

Main article: Eccrine sweat gland
Eccrine sweat glands are everywhere except the lips, ear canal, prepuce, glans penis, labia minora, and clitoris. They are ten times smaller than apocrine sweat glands, do not extend as deeply into the dermis, and excrete directly onto the surface of the skin.[8][5][32][4] The proportion of eccrine glands decreases with age.[33]

The clear secretion produced by eccrine sweat glands is termed sweat or sensible perspiration. Sweat is mostly water, but it does contain some electrolytes, since it is derived from blood plasma. The presence of sodium chloride gives sweat a salty taste.

The total volume of sweat produced depends on the number of functional glands and the size of the surface opening. The degree of secretory activity is regulated by neural and hormonal mechanisms (men sweat more than women). When all of the eccrine sweat glands are working at maximum capacity, the rate of perspiration for a human being may exceed three liters per hour,[34] and dangerous losses of fluids and electrolytes can occur.

Eccrine glands have three primary functions:

Thermoregulation: sweat cools the surface of the skin and reduces body temperature.[35]
Excretion: eccrine sweat gland secretion can also provide a significant excretory route for water and electrolytes.[36]
Protection: eccrine sweat gland secretion aids in preserving the skin’s acid mantle, which helps protect the skin from colonization from bacteria and other pathogenic organisms.[37]

It seems my apocrine glands have turned off, like they were pre-puberty. I very rarely get that body odor or sweat from armpits anymore, sometimes in gym it comes out very lightly, and sometimes during masturbation. But these only happen rarely.

I came across another wikipedia article, which was very interesting, it explained the side effects of DHT inhibitors like finasteride had on transgender men who took it when they wanted to go from male to female.

Look at these side effects, i have pretty much all of them-

Hair[edit]
Current facial hair is only slightly affected (some reduction in density, coverage, and slower growth) by antiandrogens.
Body hair (chest, periareolar, shoulders, back, abdomen, buttocks, thighs, tops of hands, tops of feet) will, over time, turn from terminal (“normal”) hairs to vellus hairs (very tiny, blonde “baby” hairs). Hair on the arms, perianal, and perineal will reduce but may not turn to vellus hair on the latter two regions (some natal females also have some hair in these areas). Underarm hair will slightly change in texture and length, pubic hair becomes more typically female in pattern. Lower leg hair becomes less dense in concentration. All depend upon genetics.[39][40]
Head hair may slightly change in texture, curl, and color (new hairs that is, not hair that has already formed and reached the surface prior to HRT), this is especially likely with hair growth from previously bald areas.
The prostate shrinks.
The bladder shrinks.
Sebaceous gland activity (which is triggered by androgens) lessens which lowers the amount of sebum (oil) production on the skin and scalp, consequently the skin becomes less prone to the formation of acne due to the less quantity of oil that is produced. Dry skin becomes a problem and lotions and oils may be necessary.[39][40]
The skin’s pores become smaller due to the low quantities of sebum produced

READ THIS NEXT FEW
Body odor (skin, sweat, and urine) will become less “metallic,” “sharp,” or “acrid” and more “sweet” and “musky.”
Many apocrine glands (type of sweat glands) become inactive and body odor decreases. Sebum also contributes to body odor, the production of which is reduced by antiandrogens (as described above).
More subcutaneous (under skin) adipose (fat) tissue accumulates.[39] This gives a more puffy/softer appear
Redistribution of body fat. (this could possibly explain why I’m much skinner but have no lost much weight)
Mood changes can occur, such as the development of depression.

Estrogens can induce the development of prolactinomas, which is why prolactin levels should periodically be monitored in transgender women. If a prolactinoma becomes large enough, it can cause visual changes (especially decreased peripheral vision), headaches, mood changes, depression, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and symptoms of pituitary failure like hypothyroidism.

Pretty unbelievable how this drug is on the market, I am trying to figure out how i can get my 5AR back to how it used to be working. ALl these side effects are because of the 5AR inhibition never going back to normal. Just needs to be fixed somehow.

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Changes in Body Odor and/or Earwax production

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Changes in Body Odor and/or Earwax production

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Changes in Body Odor and/or Earwax production