Mesolimbo's story - nearly 100% PSSD symptomatic relief

Hi everyone, I’m not sure if each of you is following the latest information on pssdforum. Our dear PSSD sufferer Mesolimbo managed to achieve nearly 100% symptomatic relief (not a cure) using regiment that mainly consisted of donepezil/rivastigmine+rasagiline. He tried different things, but in the end he has proved that almost every PSSD symptom can be tackled with some of existing drugs. I believe that PSSD and PFS have lots in common, so I’m sure some of you might be interested.

Here are links to his story and his trial logs:

1. http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2606
  2. http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2631

He explains there his theories, it’s worth adding that he’s a person with a pharmaceutical background.

And now he’s running a thread explaining how to address PSSD comprehensively:
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2699

In summary, his story can be proof that our diseases can be effectively treated using existing methods to the level that allows living almost a normal life. This gives a lot of hope, considering the level of negativity that surrounds us.

6 Likes

I would like to see more people trying this regiment who have access to those drugs.

I posted before that Donepezil would be interesting to try, and it confirm, I ask to my primary doctor to prescribe me Donepezil no so long ago and she said that she can’t because she have to follow guide lines.
It is totally stupid how easily doctor prescribe Finasteride, but others drugs that may can help us they refuse to prescribe it.
I am almost, almost 100% sure that Donepezil can help us because it boost neurogenesis +
donepezil can reverse both structural and genetic damage that bouts of alcohol use causes in neurons, or nerve cells, in the young brain

Anything that is got for the brain worth it to try.

2 Likes

Snake have you tried?

There’s some knowledge in what that guy is saying but I don’t think he’s completely aware of the dangers with some of the drugs he’s promoting.

For instance Minocycline/Minocin is a 5AR booster, and an antibiotic and acne drug that can cause ED. It’s a booster instead of an inhibitor but messing with 5AR in any way can do damage just like fin. It’s dangerous.

Also I’m not sure about taking Alzheimer’s or Dementia drugs to treat symptoms. And he said to find “shot acting alpha blockers” to take. That’s definitely not good advice.

Everything he’s saying is risky, almost like taking finasteride again, to solve your problems. Yeah it may work for some people but for most it’ll probably make them worse than before.

Ibv, nobody is saying that Alzheimer’s or Dementia drugs will treat symptoms effectively, but specificaly, Donepezil it could help, if you position is to say " Also I’m not sure about taking Alzheimer’s or Dementia drugs to treat symptoms " then cross your amrs do nothing, but you should at lest say why or based on what you say that it will not work or doubt about it?
At least I presented a link of study where Donepezil reverse both structural and genetic damage that bouts of alcohol use. This a point for sure,+ taking in consideration that finasteride affect the shared pathway affected by alcohol and sex addiction.

• Donepezil seem to increase libido.+ increase BNDF+NGF +Nuerogenesis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17990049

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0118793

Donepezil potentiates nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth

The list of studies on benefices of Donepezil for the brain is large.

Sometimes I think that many of us drank alcohol while on Finasteride, what if alcohol also exacerbated the brain damage killings damage millions neuron cells or affecting the structure of those cell due the lack of the DHT protection ?

2 Likes

No, I have no access to those drugs, but I’m considering getting a prescription somehow.

Symptoms of alcohol damage would be more neurological, yet in most cases our motorics is all right and sexuality/emotions are the affected ones, but yes, I drank some while on SNRI.

Also Mesolimbo has said that donepezil can develop a tolerance and that’s why maybe rivastigmine would be better.

I don’t know, common sense is telling me it might not be safe. I could easily be wrong.

Still doesn’t explain all the other bad advice with that guy recommending 5AR drugs. He has no idea what he’s doing.

lbv
Your common sense do not explain yet why is not safe or may will not work.
My common sense base an studies, say that it could help our brain tremendously.

1 Like

Well I know some anti-psychotic drugs can actually give you psychotic disabilities if you take them long enough so I’d bet taking a serious Alzheimer’s drug when you don’t have Alzheimer’s probably isn’t safe. And Parkinson’s drugs increase libido, would you take that too if you didn’t have Parkinsons?

Plus you never addressed my concerns about the 5AR drugs like Minocycline that are recommended by this person.

lbv

Finasteride affect the same pathway that alcohol does, and Donepezil repair damage done by alcohol, does it no make sense for you ?

Minocycline stimulated the synthesis of DHT from these substrates by 75-83% at 20-30 microg/ml (n=4; p<0.01)

Protective effect of minocycline on
dexamethasone induced testicular germ
cell apoptosis in mice

Seem that minocycline is also a good stuff

No it’s not.

Ibv, evey time you give a opinion, you do it without scientific base, show me otherwise.

More about Minocycline

Minocycline’s ability to mitigate cytokine expression in the brain during systemic inflammatory events may be useful in preventing cognitive and behavioural deficits. Indeed, minocycline attenuates sickness behaviour and anhedonia associated with LPS-induced neuroinflammation, in parallel with a decrease in neuroinflammatory markers in the hippocampus and cortex and in indolamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) mRNA expression.

Minocycline increase activity of the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, this is good enough for me to accept that Minocycline it is good stuff.

Effects of the anti-androgen finasteride on 5α-reductase activity in human gingival fibroblasts in response to minocycline

“Minocycline-induced stimulation of 5alpha-reductase activity was also inhibited by finasteride”

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/13753986_Effects_of_the_anti-androgen_finasteride_on_5a-reductase_activity_in_human_gingival_fibroblasts_in_response_to_minocycline

Meso is a liar and a fraud who makes money from sick people. Yes the thread is old, just wanted to warn.

2 Likes

Can you expand on that? First hand knowledge?

Trazohell is a toxic individual in the PSSD community. Don’t listen to a word he says. He has caused many issues with a lot of people and I will leave it at that.

Meso was researching PSSD and doing such a great job people offered money to him to quit his job as a pharmacist and research PSSD full time ($400/ month in total donations per month to research, he lives in Egypt).

He helps a lot of people for free. People pay him $20usd for extensive individual consults. He is not perfect, but his consults have gotten some people great results. Note that he does not and never has claimed to be able to cure anyone.

1 Like

So has anyone ever used Donepezil?

I dont see any reason to personally attack anyone for stating their opinion…He is obviously not causing any harm by saying what he thinks of…Excluding anyone just becuz you dont agree with them, is wrong…
It would be totally different if someone is promoting suicide or buying harmful compounds etc…

1 Like