Supplementing Vitamin D

It can’t hurt to get tested for nutritional imbalances, only help. The way people eat these days it’s not surprising that you’d find problems. And yes, you bring up a good point about supplementing without knowing where you stand. Fortunately for me (well, really unfortunately) I’ve had a Mag. deficiency before, and it stands to reason due to my high intake of D3 over the past couple months that I simply depleted it again. You can find many references to the D3 - mag. connection online. Add in the symptoms of mag deficiency and it’s not really a stretch to figure out whats going on. Especially when you add in the magnesium, and the symptoms subside. Not to mention I just feel much better.

If you want to be on the safe side though, go for it and get tested. What ever you need to do to get yourself feeling good is what you should do.

I have few question about Vit D or Vit D3

1- how does it increase total T? by acting directly on our balls?( each time I take it , balls get in shapt and slightly bigger) or it acts on our pitutary?

2-if it acts on our ball and increases T this way then will Vit D suppress LH and FSH?

dose any body has any study or knowledge?

thanx

sps

ergo-log.com/vitamindtestosterone.html looks like it lower LH and SBHG, but raises test levels.
So in a sense, just like N-Acetyl-Cysteine, and apparently vitamin E, it must work on the leydig cells in the testes.

Ever since I started vit D my LH and FSH have gone down. So what does it mean? our body has set up to new lower values. Now body thinks low T is the right amount of T that our body needs.

Or the LH and FSH are registering better now and doing what they are supposed to be doing thus the body doesn’t need to be cranking them out at high doses. Has your T level gone up? If so, there is your answer.

yes but what if I stop vit D? So I am on TRT now?
one more thing I am taking 4000IU/day. 2000 in the morning and 2000 in the evening. I am noticing in between two doses my balls are more shurnken than before starting Vit D. Before starting Vit D my LH was 2 and FSH was 5 now LH 1 and FSH 4.

That just show’s that it’s acting on the testes the way it’s supposed to. And no, you’re not on TRT. You’re getting the correct amount of Vit D3, the way you’re supposed to be and your body is reacting accordingly. It’s most likely the way things should be…

More importantly, how do you feel?

is it possible. I don’t belive this

forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?p=4582479

HPTA Restart and Vitamin D

After several cycles in my teens and twenties, I took 100mgs of DHEA for 2 years straight. My total test decreased to 181 and I was so tired and depressed that it affected every aspect of my life. I saw about ten different endocrinologists who told my I had hypogonadism (some said primary and some said secondary). All of these “doctors” told me the answer was to be on HRT for the rest of my life. My labs were as follows:
Total test: 181
Free test: 13 (yes 13)
LH: undetectable
FSH: undetectable
Estradiol: 35

Needless to say, I felt like I wanted to DIE…

I wasn’t willing to accept this, so I took 500 i.u. of HCG daily with 20mgs Nolvadex for 3 weeks + 1000 iu Vitamin E.

I had blood work done again:
Total test: 187
Free test: 15
LH: 1.7
FSH: 2.3

Still unacceptable!!!

Basically at this point I gave up and a few weeks later came across an article about Vitamin D deficiency and hypogonadism. I had my levels checked and I was at 20 (extremely low). I started taking 8000 i.u. daily of Vitamin D3. Within 2 weeks, my sex drive started to return and I had a more positive outlook on life. After 6 weeks, I was feeling better than I had in a YEAR and I had more labs done. Here are the results:

31 yrs old- Quest Diagnostics
Total Test: 917 ng/ml
Free Test: 146 pg/ml
SHBG: 32
LH: 7.2
FSH: 2.9
Estradiol: 54
Vitamin D- 55

I feel 100 times better and the only thing that changed was the Vitamin D. I’m still not happy with the free test levels and my estradiol level and I’d appreciate feedback from anybody that has advice. SHBG, and Estradiol look high.

I posted this thread because I went through a year of HELL and began having some pretty dark thoughts about my life. I was so frustrated with all the info on PCT and I couldn’t understand how DHEA could shut my system down the way it did. I wasn’t on any gear for the last 2 years: only DHEA.

Anyways, my wife thinks its a miracle. I don’t know what to think except I feel way better. Please respond with questions- hopefully this helps anyone who is looking for more info. Personally, I think the Vitamin D was the missing link.

I still need more info on bringing down SHBG and Estradiol so feel free to respond.

God Bless

that’s lovely. does it say he took finasteride? probably not. furthermore, many people here have testosterone around that level and still do not feel normal - so it really doesn’t matter what the T level is.

Someone who was taking finasteride and had awful sides got better by taking a lot of vit D, I would mark this one down as something to do while ON fin, along with taking zinc, to avert disaster. If your T’s in the gutter and you have all the sides you need to try some form of HRT not vits and supps.

I searched this guy aparently he healed and did not post again or maybe I could not searched him properly.
The amazing thing is his LH and FSH instead of going down jumped up. It looks like Vit D did some repair work on his body or fixed some hormonal issue.

I don’t believe there’s any understanding of what exactly the vitamin d receptors in the testes do as of yet, so who knows.
Long story short, everyone should take vitamin d, unless they have lab values telling them they’re levels are ok, it’s simply too important a hormones not to. It’s deficiency is being tied to cancers, and diseases all the time. Even just plain common sense says we used to live outside 90% of the time, so of course our levels would not be where they were thousands of years ago.

guys take vit K with Vit D as well

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17145139

Most people, if following a correct diet, will get enough Vt K to suffice.

The link and excerpt below came from an article written by an MS sufferer. Numerous MS sufferers have indicated that Vitamin D supplements have improved their condition similar to some of our improvement with vitamin D.

Here they also link MS to a narrowing of the veins in the neck which restricts blood supply from exiting the brain (vaso-constriction).

zerohedge.com/article/post-l … n-politics

"Finally, I can’t overemphasize the importance of taking large doses of vitamin D, especially if you suffer from chronic diseases. It’s interesting to note that scientists researching the sunshine vitamin are so convinced of its benefits they’re popping far more than the recommended amounts.

I am up to 20,000 IUs a day, which I’ve been taking for several months now in the form of vitamin D liquid drops every morning in a glass of water (each drop is 1,000 IUs) and feel great (talk to your physician before increasing your uptake)."

Hi new here.

Anyone got any updates on their vitamin d3 supplementation.

I am looking for as natural a way as possible to cure this.

Definately don’t want trt or anything like that

Cheers

It helps, but it’s no cure. Regardless, you should be supplementing with it.

My vit D was a 19, 30-100 range - even though I take at least 2000 IU’s daily as a supp as well as drinking Vit D added milk. Admittedly , im not out in the sun mutch.

So, for some reason since Fin my body doesnt absorb vit D…

I would dose at least 5,000iu /daily…at the very least.