Insomnia and Brain Spasms

I get chronic insomnia, anxiety, suicidal ideation irritability, low mood, sense of worthlessness, dryer skin, low appetite, red eyes, testicular pain, neuropathy, painful gums, dry throat, numbness and shrinkage, cold/hot sweats, fluctuations in body temperature, rapid heart beat. Lasts a few days then starts to settle where I continue to have the symptoms to a lesser degree - cheers

@2981 it must be very difficult to function under those symptoms. Did you ever get head burning after your first crash? What’s your current testosterone levels like? Are your thyroid levels ok? Sorry for all the questions.

It’s ok mate, I don’t that’s why I’ve had to pack in work and losing my wife and son! It’s all got too much! Can’t recall a head burn but had spells where I though I was going to pass out, maybe more to do with the ticker, light headed! My bloods invariably come back normal. Endocrinologists at the end of the month so see what if anything that throws up

Hi guys.
As an update to the current regime.
The improvements around cognitive function were maintained yesterday. I.e no suicidal ideation and a reduced sense of permanent torture. Some humour and positivity emerged, with low level of anxiety too. Saw the CBT therapist for the first time and in her view was all of this is text book hormonal imbalance. Nothing to eat from 5pm, bed at 10pm, I had about 3 hrs again. Woke covered in sweat, numbness in toes and feet, testicular pain, gum pain and blocked right nostril. While lying in bed the sides disapated barring the gums… Despite yesterday’s disappointment of the crash symptoms starting to emerge, I haven’t seen a further decline/ progressive path. I’ll continue with things as they are and provide the daily update.
Cold sweats during the day also seen to have reduced.
Cheers.

Congrats with your improvements. Have you tried a low dose treatment of glutathione, helps with cognitive function and emotional numbness.

Brain spasms have now gone but left with awful head pressure and an inability to relax at night and sleep. Been awake now for around 14 days and not slept 1 minute during that time. During the start of the crash I did feel able to sleep but the spasms would jolt as I fell asleep.

Hi mate, 14 nights without sleep that must be really tough. I haven’t tried glutathione. I’m reluctant, as terrified what it might bring, everything has brought some initial improvements followed by worsening of symptoms. The current regime is a mixed back in terms of cognition and physical stuff.ie plateaud as having a few downers again but not as bad as previously. However still getting some sleep ranging between 3 and 5 hrs. Cheers

@2981probably best to be patient, when we are making progress we can get over confident and cause a crash.

Yesterday evening I took 1.75mg of zopiclone and crashed. Genitals have shrank, some brain burn and pain in my left hip. Prescribed dose was 7.5mg.

Does anyone else get these types of crashes? How long do they last, thanks.

Another night of no sleep. I’m now looking into acupuncture to improve blood flow to the brain and for treatment of insomnia. Acupuncture has been documented on the forum but I think towards the use of manipulating male hormones.

https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-cure-insomnia-with-acupuncture/

For the past 3 days I’ve been doing somantics as I noticed my muscles had become tight possibly due to the release of stress hormones. Somantics has been mentioned in a thread by moonman on dealing with hip issues. This website below provides an up to dated version with dvds to download. The author of the original book on amazon passed away in 1990 and the pictures in his book are apparently difficult to follow. The routine lasts about an hour and involves gentle stretching to retrain body movement between brain and muscle. My head feels more clear and less stressed after this routine.

Hi mate,
Similar for me crashes tend to last a few days of intensity then I slowly return to my baseline over the course of the next few days (which is low). This tends to be my cycle. Though I have hardly had any chest pains “anxiety” since the intermittent fasting. Previously they were crushing me and almost constant. I’d recommend giving it a try

If the body comes under extreme stress after a crash the article suggests stress is behind the burning headaches that some of us get but how do we treat it? Has anyone had any success?

I’ve already posted this article elsewhere but the protocol includes a clean diet, good fats and supplements to release Substance P such as Magnesium, Quercetin, Acetyl L-Carnitine and Cayenne.

Has anyone improved through anti-histamines?

https://radiomd.com/show/naturally-savvy/item/35075-burning-scalp-syndrome

Zoplicone 1.75mg caused me to crash last night. Qutapel caused massive head pressure and failed. I’ve now been given Remeron to try. Unsure what to do as it may cause a crash but desperately need sleep. Dr had no response for how long I could continue without sleep.

It’s really bad mate you sound where I was pre Xmas. Give some of the other natural alternatives a try! Meds just compounded PFS for me. As a one off have a tablespoon of honey or cap full of cider vinegar you’ll be surprised but don’t fall into the trap of taking them nightly.

An astonishingly long time.

Has your physician suggested - or have you requested - any sort of sleep study?

I’ll request a sleep study today. I’m just going back to see them this morning and trying to get everything in order. Is there any PFS literature worth presenting to the Dr’s? I’m not sure whether I should see a private neurologist.

I would recommend taking the following for their clear conclusions. Doctors wont read anything in depth in clinic but both of these are useful to get across that this is a variably serious and novel situation.

Sorry for the questions. Are the abstracts sufficient or will I need to purchase both reviews?

The abstracts will be enough

Check out my body temperature theory on sleep, it might or might not help you but it still helps me to this day.

If you’re having headaches and brain spasms I would check ICP and IOP (I haven’t done ICP yet) my IOP is elevated and my OCT showed less density in my eye nerves. My pressure is around my eyes so I suspected this. The eye doct put me on eye drops to treat me as I am a glaucoma suspect

Which types of Dr perform these tests? Would I need to see a neurologist for ICP/IOP, thanks.