I want to make a film about our condition, what do you think?

Hi everyone,

I am in art school and I wanted to make a documentary about our condition. I believe that showing the people who suffer from this condition can be a powerful way to garner more attention for our cause. Before I get into further details, I would need your help to understand if this is something worth pursuing because I fear that we will have too much personal exposure without significant results. Also my coworkers knowing about my vagina does not sound fun but I will do it if this can help.
Assuming that my school agrees with this project and supports it financially, would you guys participate? I cannot put too many people in the documentary because that would cost a lot of money, but that does not mean we cannot create something good that will benefit our cause and expose this condition.
In general, do you guys think it is worth it? Are you willing to participate? I want this documentary to be another occasion to have a voice and I wanted it to be made by us and for us. Your feedback is appreciated!

L

11 Likes

Great idea! :smiley:

3 Likes

I know you guys already have a YouTube channel, maybe we can put it in the film or something like that, suggestions are much appreciated!

1 Like

@Jaime what do you think about it?

2 Likes

I think this is a brilliant idea! Our community has diverse talent we can and should utilize.

I’ll reach out to you soon, @sara and connect you with our other video project members. This will fit nicely with our current member video projects and the story telling we are trying to spread.

All of our member’s video stories and your future video will be much more impactful after yesterday’s Reuter’s article, too. To the public, we are now a much more credible group. It’s sad we even have to prove our credibility in the first place, but hey looks like we’re in the middle of crossing that bridge. The timing of all of these projects looks great to me.

4 Likes

I do not know which forum You follow more so I will post here as well - regarding the fear - maybe if You for example strongly do not feel right about doing it in terms of exposing Yourself, then maybe its better not to do it. If Your only motivation is making a big difference how this condition is publicly known for example - Your expectations may not be met the exact way You plan. It does not mean such documentary wouldnt be a good thing or that it will be pointless, or that it wouldnt get exposure, etc. No. I mean doing something for any big expectation brings disappointment. I would say this - go for it if You can manage it in Your mind that it will be public and if You want to do it only for the feeling that You have done the right thing - regardless of the “reward”.

I hope this doesnt sound like do not do it, just go into it without specific expectations - if You are alright with the exposure - its something I admire - do it because it is a right thing to do

2 Likes