Japanther's Member Story

Vincentv,

I got your PM but i am unable to reply to it for some reason. Not sure if sending a PM for me has been disabled. Regardless can you tell me more about the study on men with PFS in Australia your proposing? Are you a Dr? What do you plan to do with this info?

FUCK I never realized but I just noticed that after pfs this tinnitus thing…this zzzzzzzzzzzzz in my ear is soo common now, what the fuck is that? probably fin messing up with ear nerves also

Oh man! Are you serious… I literally just wrote a post about this shit too! Gah. You sound just like me. Fuck.

Check out this site. It’s a white noise generator:
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/rainNoiseGenerator.php

I was reading about this raw food thing. I wonder if it might work. On Sunday a tried a water fast and I’m not sure if it worked, or made things worse. But it might have worked. I was thinking about doing an every-Sunday fast. I cheated and ate an orange and a banana. I was reading up on fasting today:

drbenkim.com/fasting-fast-one-day-week.htm

Hey guys,

I am also suffering from very bad tinnitus, never quite linked it to propecia though. But since there are more and more post propecia users recognizing ringing in their ears I’m pretty sure there is a connection.

@ gham: Thank you so much for that white noise/rain generator. Perfect for ignoring the tinnitus and relaxing as well. Tried it last night and woke up with the rain-sound still coming out of my mobile phone :wink:

And regarding the fasting: Try it! I did a 13-days-fast a couple of months ago and am going for another one in the near future. I definitely recognized how my body’s responding. After about 6 days my vision (normally blurred) got completely clear. Recognized this while watching tv. Normally I can barely read the teletext (really blurry, just like other users described it here in this forum) but suddenly it wasn’t a problem at all. I really couldn’t believe it (not to say trust my eyes :wink: Cause you know I didn’t even think fasting would help me with this issue. But the difference was HUGE. I also recognized a little difference in my overall “mind-speed”, for example when reading and talking (normally I have problems with clear pronunciation. Unfortunately the symptoms slowly got back after quitting the fast. But I’m pretty sure that was because I quit to early (I had to quit cause I was “thinning away” and got really weak as my starting weight was already far too low.) So now I try to gain weight and give it another try. Cause I really think change in diet is the only way to get rid of the syndrome and a doctor specialized in fasting told me that it often requires more than one fasting period to achieve a permanent effect.

Please tell me/us about your experience!

Happy new year to you;-)

Got it too.

Hey Dreiser,

That really great to hear about the fast. A 13 day fast, that’s pretty hardcore. I tried it for one day, but I’m not sure if I could go 13 days. Was it water only? Or a juice fast?

On my fast, I was trying for water only, but I had to eat a banana and an orange at some point.

I’ve been going really healthy though, lately. Only eating good stuff like bananas, oranges, spinach, ect. I can’t tolerate sugars and processed foods. My body will have none of it. I get sides really bad if I do.

Ya, this noise generator is awesome. I’m using it right now.

I can’t even take melatonin or pregnolone. I tried taking a small shard of those tonight, and I got that dream cycle where I have really shallow breathing, which I think starves my brain of oxygen. No good. Threw that stuff out this morning. When I woke up, I noticed that my right eyelid was drooping. Not good, haha.

I guess going all natural is the way to recovery. Maybe some fasting too.

I bought some of that hydrocortisone stuff. It’s enroute. I think I’ll just try a small shard of the pill for a day or two to test the waters.

Oh ya, I tested my NO levels with the strip. They were low, despite eating a spinach salad every day for the past couple of days. Spinach has been making me feel better though.

Bad tinnitus here too, also destroyed vision.

Bad tinnitus for me too.

Anyone got noise sensitivity now?

Check out Misophonia.
I have this pretty bad now

Hi guys,

I have also found a cure to brain fog through diet. I started taking Fin at the age of 21. I was taking it for no longer than a month and had horrible mental sides. I work in an Investment Bank and heavily rely on my cognitive function. I couldn’t concentrate, hold a conversation or think straight. It was the worst feeling of my life. However, without any lifestyle changes I found myself healed in around a month. I was then fine for 8 months until I relapsed hard. The brain fog was back and worse than ever. Each day was like walking through mud, I felt emotionally flat and my work and relationships were suffering.

I should note at this point that my symptoms seemed to be moderate in the morning, peak at mid day and then taper off in the evening time. I would find myself going to bed feeling vaguely normal - only to wake up and feel terrible again. Symptoms would also get worse when walking any distance, but oddly would be relieved by anaerobic exercise (weight lifting).

This went on for a good 4 months. Until I lost the ability to live with it anymore and realised something drastic had to change. I read a great number of recovery stories and medical journals to try to get to grips with exactly what it is about 5AR inhibitors that was causing my symptoms. In my opinion not enough research has been done to truly give us much of an indication as to what the root cause is. However, I decided to tackle the problem by looking at brainfog causes in non-fin takers. Whilst the cause may be different, I hoped I could find commonality in a cure. Without going into the science behind my regime, I followed the below with great success:

-No caffeine, alcohol, refined sugars or gluten

-Supplementing with: Magnesium & Calcium (Very important), Creatine (which has been proven to boost DHT levels), ensuring my diet included at least 6/7 servings of fruit and veg per day (focus on antioxidants e.g. blueberries which help in reversing effects of inflammation from oxidization - can cause brain fog). Also drinking a solution of bicarbonate of soda and water (helps to restore neutrality in digestive system).

-Lifting heavy weights 4/5 times per week and HIT cardio 1/2 times per week.

-I initially tried taking omega 3’s, however found in isolation they did very little.

I can only speak from my experience but the above really worked wonders, I am now 99% healed. Should I relapse again (which I think is possible), I would again implement the above. I am a true believer that your body is has not changed irreversibly - I believe it is out of equilibrium and is trying to restore balance - however you need to give it a nudge in the right direction with diet and excersize.

If this post only helps 1 person I would be truly delighted as I know how hard it is to live with these symptoms. Happy to answer any questions and good luck to you all!

Should probably mention, sexual sides were limited. Lowed libido but little/no issues with ED!

5 Likes

Looks like a great protocol Scott7777. Diet indeed is a great way in fighting brainfog. Only rarely i have brainfog (when high stress is involved).

This is so good to hear and see!! I feel there’s just not enough success stories of people over coming and beating bloody Brain Fog!! I’ve had it for 3 months now and some days are good, some days are great and some days are terrible! But to be able to talk to people that have been through what I’m going through makes me feel very happy :slight_smile: The cure for pain is in the pain.

Oh … Fast forward a few years:

Propanolol completely abolished the noise sensitivity whereas benzos did nothing

10mg.

Do you still having low libido?

what do you think of eating only one meal a day? In addition, I think my brain fog seems to have changed from completely unable to feel the brain to a very stiff feeling, accompanied by a loss of memory, logic and personality. Is this common for people who have been PFSer for four months?

how are you nowdays? updates?

Happy to say that I am 100% healed 8 years later. I did have some further crashes and development of symptoms after my post above in 2016 (which I started a couple of threads on, you can find and read if you are interested). I would say from around 2022 I was completely healed. So it took me about 7 years, but got there in the end. Absolutely no PFS symptoms at all anymore and I wish everybody else a recovery too.

3 Likes

Thanks for coming back! Can I ask: did you experience genital numbness and shrinkage and has that resolved?

Did you have sexual side effects? did they go away?

Not at all - my symptoms were purely cognitive, nothing physical or sexual. The cognitive symptoms were so bad I think I would have rather had physical / sexual symptoms in some ways, but lucky I wasn’t hit with both!