Japanther's Member Story

I would have to agree with Japanther. Well said. I know for a FACT, that whenever I drink coffee or alchohol, I usually always get a worse case of brainfog. I have terrific, healthy reactions to eating salmon or fish and even fish oil. So there are good and bad reactions. A definite clue linked to eating and digestion. I find it fascinating that when I eat I seem to STRESS the digestive process, and sometimes get less or more fog, but what is it that is stressed? I also get a boner in the morning after eating steak, beef, salmon before going to sleep. Interesting…

STRESS, in my opinion is the ultimate trigger for making my fog much worse and with headaches behind my head, or just above where the neck meets the head. When I don’t eat anything at all for an extended amount of time, say 5 hours without food, my brainfog improves! Thier is clear evidence of metabolic stress on our bodies from all of this. We need time to heal and STRESS is thr key word here. I think our systems and metabolic pathways, organs, are completely exhausted or burned out. Exercise again, relly helps…yet, stress (mental) really make it worse. There are connections here if you pay atention to what your body is telling you. I have not fully healed, but I think I’m getting closer. With me, I need to quit caffeine completely and alchohol. I drink for a release from the reality, like most do, but it DOES have an impact on the fog. In my case, I think it’s cortisol and almost certainly adrenal glands (control stress response and are burned out) and kidneys are shot, and that’s killing me. Excessive cortisol does have an effect on your brain cells and overall mental functioning. I was never able to fully get tested, because I am and have been broke for some time, with no health insurance, so I play it by ear. You have to change the way you think, to see your predicament in a positive light…There is a reason why this happened to us. I think it was to teach us something. Have faith, God is with you all, and I’m not preaching or converting anyone, just let go and have faith. I just lost my mother to cancer and I can’t quit. I fight on, like a soldier with head trauma or brain damage, but I have faith that it will get better. A healthy lifestyle and positive mental change is a must! Get rid of all negativity and people from you lives. It helps.

I also think the Paleo diet is worth looking into.

Good work Japanther and well said!

hey totti… niemcy here:-))

well totti, you said it right … i talked to that several well known health experts around the plnaet, all said that i was the worst case that they have ever seen. It seems that adrenal burnout is big part on hat issue for me, at least for the brainfog …

absolutely, i had reactions to everything i ate … the wrong food made symptoms very worse. I tried to support my body the best way i can, and tried to deliver him as much as energy as possible …

when you eat cooked food, your body needs much more energy for digestion, if you eat raw, he needs less energy for it and uses the leftover energy in other sources… to get rid of waste etc.

basically ox bile helped me great, as it is a digestive enzyme and helped to convert food much better,

other supps i took: zinc, vit d3, don quai, colledial minerals, vit B complex from cowliver, krill oil ( which is much better then fish oil), smoothies mad of wild herbs ( which are great), superfoods like hemp seeds, goji, beepollen, l-glutamine, l-phenylananine …

basically there different raw approaches, at the beginning i ate fruits, veggies, and green leafs … that was pretty much it, because for nuts i was to weak at that time …

later i added nuts, even raw eggs and i ate smoked wil salmon. sometimes i ate a bit of steamed organic chicken, which was the only cooked thing in my diet … i tried raw organic milk as well, found harder to digest, it needed to much energy …

but rawmilk is surely 100times better then pasteurized milk …

there are various styles to life raw, you need to listen to you body very carefully which food is right fo you, you will feel it …

vonderplanitz recommonds even raw meat, but i never tried that actually, that is kind of funny: … youtube.com/watch?v=abg8l2Zs7d8

i al

there is paleo or primal diet … 80/10/10 diet, which is mainly fruit …

i read a book about weston a. price, which is definitely worth reading it … its more about old tradional diets of old cultures …

my diet is somewhere in between of all these … i just try to live as natural as possible, and to support my body as good as possible …

diet is the key.

1 Like

my doctor recommends NOT eating fruits as they contain a lot of sugar, just putting in my two cents

Diet is very important for everyone but I have been through all this and we try to find ways out and we forget that this is all mental. I believe is about being mentally strong and facing your fears. I got my strengh through God and After years of feeling like most of you I can happy to say that I got passed it. I never did anything special about my diet and I got better just with time and patience.

how can you say, that it is a mental thing … everything in the body is connected. diet of course is very important for mental health. without changing my diet, i would be dead today …

it maybe that your problems fade a away slowly without caring about diet, but with the right diet, it goes much faster, and i my extreme case … there was no other chance, just time was not enough to change anything …

imagine, there are doctors which say that propecia is safe!! so i dont believe in docotrs anyway

1 Like

Of course its mental. I have been through everything you have so I am not just talking out of the air. Been there! As I stated “diet is important for everybody” weather you are ill or not. Diet will deterimine how healthy you are in your life.
However, I dont believe just your diet will cure you. I think that braing fog and anxiety is mostly mental. Your body starts to feel a certain way and when you get dominated by your fear then your anxiety takes over. I spent years doing research on this and found out that as time went by and I overcame the fear my anxiety and brain fog went away. I became friends with several guys in this forum and we all got better as we faced the fear of anxiety. You realize that nobody has ever been hurt or died from anxiety or braing fog?
Many guys go on extreme and weird diets and they spend many years not getting better. If you think that you got well from your diet alone then that is good for you.

In terms of my slow recovery (3 years since stopping cold turkey). There have been improvements but very slowly.
What hurts me the most is my hypersensitivity to stress. Intense stress especially.

Yes, for sure, diet is important as sugary coffee for instance will make me feel odd and fog inceases along with the scary, heavy, pressure-like headache behind my head. Sugar is an issue as well as caffeine. Our systems have been tweaked in essence, and are depleted and very sensitive to certain food consumption almost like diabetic’s. A positive lifestyle, with good patient people around you(and not pushy) and mental outlook does help. Look at it this way, we have been poisoned in a sense, so you need to take drastic measures and lifestyle changes. I heard of lead poisoning having similar mental effects on people (agitation,anger, restlessness, insomnia, and mental disturbances, memory and a.d.d-like issues.

Avoid pushy, insensitve, stressful people and stressful situations are to be avoided if you want to heal faster. I do also have a disdain for doctors and the fda. It’s simply a case of properly managing your life in a healthy fashion/healthy living is what will speed up recovery. common sense.

1 Like

If your brainfog can be controlled by diet you are very lucky.

you wanna know what your real problem is? your belief system!

to every problem, there is a solution … if you make the intent for healing … the solution WILL come across your way for sure!! BUT then it is up to you, if you decide for it, when its there … if you are ready to go beyond your old belief system, to step into new land, or not …

if you believe that this new way, that comes across your way cant be true … you will decide against it, and in that moment the doors are closed!! in that moment you made the same old descision again, and you get what you always got …

for example: you say, that diet alone will not heal … i mean, how did you know that? Have you ever tried? But you decide against it, simply because you " belief" it cant be true … that moment, this possibility is gone … this door is closed.

but that is not how the universe is working, you just could say … yes, it could be rigth … i dont know, maybe i should try it … and make your experience …

i cannot tell you if diet will heal you, but what i can say is, that THERE IS a way out for you … but you need to be open, let it come … never say never … let it come and go without judging …

this is there very basic step of healing: OPENESS FOR EVERYTHING

and then, you personal solution, will come across your way …

yes, its a matter of faith … but thats what i learned, there is always a solution, if i´m, open for it … and everyone of you too …

1 Like

Tim. The mental disturbance induced, by this drug (brain fog-ghost walking), is not really controlled by diet, but i’ve noticed proper food helps manage the fog and recovery. Certain foods, from what my body has told me, make it worse. Very complicated.
I think my mind and body is succeptable to stress. I can’t deal with it like i used to before fin.

For myself personally, i’ve narrowed down what can increase and lessen the brain fog/mental disturbance/ghost walking/the driving home drunk feeling:

1. stress (for me this is the worst thing-i stress very easily and my intolerance for stress can make me get close to a panic attack. remove stressors in your life.
  2. alchohol
  3. coffee
  4. lack of sleep

What helps me alleviate brain fog:

1. proper sleep/rest
  2. good quality salmon oil
  3. sushi/fish consumption
  4. fasting (not eating anything for at least 5/6 hours straight)
  5. meditation
  6. faith (believing you will heal one day and that this was to happen for a reason, and we will understand one day, take your power back)
  7. jogging, exercise, hiking, playing sports
  8. be a positive person. laugh at life. have fun
  9. good supportive positive friends around you
  10. continue living you life!

I was in perfect health before all of this and was banging chicks left and right. Believe you me, I was so f’d up for a long time, that I thought I was going to admit myself into a psych ward. Hang in there. Let your body and mind find a way. They are connected. Allow yourself time and permission to heal.

1 Like

Japanther
what do you mean that my problem is my belief system? I am cured of my symptoms did you not read that? Just about everything you said makes no sense to what I said. You got issues buddy or you need to learn how to read and understand.
Anyhow, everything I stated was my opinion and i clearly stated that it was my belief that this is mental. I grabbed my balls and began to face my fears. And what happened. All of a sudden I did not have anxiety anymore. And the same thing happens to most people that are cured from anxiety. Once the face it then you are not scared anymore and you overcome that. The problem is facing the fear, I know easier said then done. I been there! That is why I am stating my opinion that this is mental.
How do you explain that I did not try any crazy diet or eat exotic or raw foods and I am healthy now? If eating certain foods would cure everyone then that would be the simple solution right? But oviously it does not work for everyone.
Did you also not read where I stated that your diet is very important for everyone regardless of your condition? I am not sure why you said that I never changed my diet. I did change my diet and maybe it helped but it was not the only solution.
What is going to happen if you eat regular foods? Are you going to have your symptoms again? If you do that is because you have never faced your real fears and stop looking for sissy alternatives to the real problem.
For me personally I can eat what i want and my symptoms do not come back. However, I choose to take care of myself as I have always done. I have always been an healthy and in good shape. Before and after my experienced with propecia.
So “MY OPINION” to everyone reading is to ask for strengh from above and FACE YOUR FEARS". I assure that once you face whatever gives you anxiety you will realize that its mental and you will get less and less scare and one day you will realize that you dont have anxiety or brain fog.
So ironically I believe your problem is your belief system!

1.) i´m no native english speaker

2.) it depends how strong your fog is, i took propecia once 5 years ago, got brainfog for 2 months and then it was totally gone, i could eat at that time what i wanted, and i healed … diet didnt anything …

BUT then i made the terrible mistake to take Propecia again 2 years later, and i crushed so terrible … my brainfog went on for 3 years, and on such a heavy degree that its not to describe in words.

for that second span of brainfog, there is no doubt, that diet saved my life… i would be dead today.

it really depends how strong your brainfog is … if its less, maybe diet change is not nescessary … i dont know … but in heavy cases it is essential

bizzy I can not understand if you have recovered\healed what are you doing here. If I get 50% of what I was before, I come here and let every body know about that and once it is done will never come back here ever. It is so painful reading all this.

Good question, but the answer is simple. I would like to return the favor and give encouragment and advice for those that need it. I can remember a few years ago when I got a lot of info and encouragment from people here and that made a big difference for me.
As you can see I dont really post here much, and it wasent until I got a few messages a year later from people that read my condition and wanted some advice that I came around. So thats how I found myself giving some advice here and there.
Dont get me wrong, I dont plan on hanging around here just posting the same stuff. You are very right, reading all this stuff is pretty harsh and did bring back some memories at first. But once you get cured you will find that it does not matter remembering this stuff, you will basically be over it. So take it day at a time and be patient, you will get better.

Japanther
Sorry if I sounded like a prick and rude in my last post towards your comments. Its really not my intention to be hostile and argue. I just felt that you made some statements regarding my comments that were far from what I actually meant to say.
But anyhow, we both suffered terrible from this condition and we are both feeling great so that is a win win situation.
I stated my opinion just because I truely feel that way, but I made a strong effort to make sure people knew that my solution was only my belief and it might work for some. Sometimes we forget how powerful the mind is. I also know that in the same hand your solution can cure other people and in no way did I mean to say that it would not work.
So no hard feelings bro and I am truely glad you are cured.

thanks man, keep helping people here.

I took oral pregnenalone 100mg and i noticed my brainfog was gone from then on.

Did anyone else actually try a raw food diet for any amount of time?

I’m guessing the original poster does not post here anymore. His symptoms sound pretty rare though, brain fog but no sexual side effects. I’m on board with the idea that all sides stem from the loss of connection between brain and body (which could be another way of saying “brain fog”) but to specifically say no sexual sides is interesting to say the least.

Robertino Totti,

My doctor got me 100mg pregnenalone made up by a compounding pharmacy because it is illegal to import into Australia. You can order it from Iherb where they have the brand Life Extension that comes also in 100mg capsules. Just a warning though, when i took it the first few times my hormones all began to increase including estrogen. The first few days i felt great but then i began to get irritable, moody, strong anxiety and strong fatigue. I realised that the symptoms were excess estrogen so i now take indole 3 carbinol/dim, calcium d glucarate & passionflower tea or chrysin in order to lower my estrogen levels. I also take methyl b12 and tmg because i am an undermethylater and helps in efficient absorbtion of the pregnenalone.

I noticed a dramatic change in how i feel on pregnenalone like waking up with morning wood, anxiety disorder gone, CFS gone. But i have to also let you know that i’m also taking metalathionine supplement which has been prescribed by my doctor and this helps with my copper toxicity and low levels of zinc which has contributed to my adrenal fatigue which i believe has quite abit to do with our issues of fatigue, anxiety, libido, just to name a few.

I believe from what my integrative doctor told me is that propecia also triggered of my Pyroluria and Histadelia (Undermethylation) which i genetically got tested for and alot of my symptoms improved. I’d get tested on this aswell and it would be good to see if everyone else on here has Pyroluria and Histadelia then that could explain why some people get effected by Propecia and some dont.

1 Like

Hello,

I noticed that you are in Australia. I am looking to conduct a small study of men with PFS. WHat symptoms are you suffering at the moment?

Please message me back as soon as you can.

Tanks