I have restarted finasteride and symptoms almost completely gone

Heartbreaking. I respect his resolve sitting there on public display keeping his cool. I wonder how the guy is doing now.

That guy’s name is Paul Innes and he’s recovered.

1 Like

He recovered? How?

A lot of time and healthy living and family support from what I understand. Not sure what all his symptoms were besides those described in the interview and dry skin. But I’ve talked to a guy from the UK who knows Paul personally. You can find Paul on facebook, he’s dropped a shit ton of weight and runs marathons.

3 Likes

You’re wasting your time if you try to contact him about PFS though. I’ve tried, so have others. He doesn’t respond to the messages.

2 Likes

I tried too. I understand why he does not want to deal with pfs anymore as he went through so much hell. You can read his old posts here

I saw that video when I first find out about this condition. Quite heartbreaking, but he’s a warrior if he did in fact recover and it gives me hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

This actually happened in the PSSD community where someone read a study using a drug called bethanechol to prevent ED during antidepressant treatment, and lacking access to this drug, he fabricated a recovery story to encourage others to participate in his experiment.

People continued experimenting with this drug even after the original fraudulent recoveree admitted to his shameless act.

2 Likes

Is paul still taking TRT ?

1 Like

Yep we are really really vulnerable to such things…I usually have a very critical thinking, and question every little thing in life, and only rely on scientific evidence…Needless to say, i have spent at least 2000 dollar on supplements, that are taking all the space in my cupboard in the hopes of getting better…I hate what this curse has made out of me…I cant imaging anything worse than dying slowly in pain.

1 Like

Same here. After so many failed treatments and so much time, I have become indifferent to recovery stories and recovery protocols. I would believe they were all fake or misattributed if I hadn’t had a few brief windows of improvement myself. What a life, eh?

1 Like

I believe he did Clomid at the beginning, which worsened him by increasing estrogen along w testosterone significantly. Then he was on Remeron for a long time which helped stabilize his sleep and mental state. The final thing that helped him recover completely was Nebido. Not sure if he is still on that, but that’s what he did which had a significant impact on him.

To me it sounds like he’s one of the lucky ones who just went into traditional hypogonadism and found a TRT protocol which worked immensely. I’m not entirely sure but I think Dr Andrew Rynn is the doc who got him on and monitored him on Nebido. Nebido is a long acting form of TRT.

Very happy to see him so recovered. Had no idea he’s able to run marathons now, that’s just incredible. Good for him. My gut instinct says he didn’t have the true or severe PFS like myself who have massive issues w the AR post Finasteride usage.

3 Likes

Nebido also helped me at the start but after the 2nd injection it had no effect on me what soever.

I don’t want to agree with him,but I have watched several men who took fin again
were better than not taking.Idk what happened,how worked…
Considering these facts,however,taking fin again is a way of recovery(may not be real recovery).At least taking that is as dangerous as trying TRT,progesterone and DHT shot.That is,taking fin again is not most dangerous,I think.(I don’t recommend)

To balance this, I think taking finisteride again would be the worst of those options.

In short, I think this topic might be the most dangerous thing on this forum.

Anyone considering taking finisteride should be aware that they could dramatically worsen their condition by further exposure. I don’t think that a brand new account signing up and giving advice, as is the case here, is something which is particularly helpful. We know essentially nothing about the person making the claims, neither their motives or their history. For future readers, the original poster created their account one week before posting this topic. Would you take potentially disastrous advice from someone you only met a week ago?

1 Like

Do you know if his last posts about recovering where on this forum or a different one ? I saw him on tv around the time when he went on this morning . I was always interested in speaking to him and hearing more of his story

I wonder if finesteride raising estrogen while lowering DHT and thus balancing E2:DHT may be the mechanism. It’s reported that Testosterone is raised on finesteride and this could be the body’s way to compensate for lowered DHT. That said, I’d personally NEVER ever come close to touching finesteride ever again and I implore everyone to steer clear from this poison.

2 Likes

I believe you can search for his last posts on this forum where he talks about his success w Nebido. He hasn’t been back since.

1 Like