How I believe I cured my PFS

Are you still taking herbs or stopped now?

I am still taking them everyday. I usually take them after breakfast and I feel terrific for the rest of the day. In fact I feel so good I might run in a marathon this summer

I found CDNuts’s thread, but he makes no mention of any of the herbs I posted:

He has maca, Horny Goat weed, Muira Puama and Tribulus posted on his website as part of an “herb cycle” that he recommends. Not sure about his thread–he isn’t active here.

But yeah–I don’t see oat straw or Sarsaparilla, so I guess those are new.

1 Like

There’s no need to pay attention to cdnuts. His system doesn’t work. If it did, nobody would be posting here.

4 Likes

Thats not true, tribulus worked for @Apr1989 as well.
Here is his thread: Update: still completely recovered, raging libido for the last four years

And he only took the Trib, he makes no mention of any other herbs, which is quite amazing to say the least

Another amazing thing I noticed is I lost quite a bit of belly fat

It works for some. I’ve been in contact with a few people who say it works. Who knows which piece of it is true, but his ideas are common across a lot of recoveries. Even Ozeph uses similar methodologies. CDnuts suggest eating extremely healthy and exercising, which may be what helps people. Every single person on this thread should be eating an extremely healthy diet and exercising as much as possible. If you’re not doing that, you’re not trying hard enough. So if you read this forum and still eat pasta, cheese burgers, and booze all the time, you have failed to try the one common thing across recoveries. Cold showers, healthy eating, exercise, and meditation are things everyone should be doing, FOR MONTHs, not weeks. I’d argue not many of us have lived perfect lifestyles for over a year. If you aren’t eating healthy you’re being lazy.

5 Likes

Also not to rehash this conversation, but I really don’t think he would have posted on this site for years and years to earn maybe $50,000 (max amount he could have earned from pfs folks). That’s the shittiest return on investment I’ve ever heard of. I’m not saying he isn’t a fraud but if I had to guess I would say he had PFS or some other chronic issue. The mere length and depth of his posts would be a complete waste of time for a few hundred bucks a week.

5 Likes

Yes, very true!! I’ve adopted the low carb carnivore diet. I basically mostly eat meat, but no vegetables, fruits or gluten. I’ve never felt better. The carnivore diet is a bit controversial though, not everyone is a fan. But it works for me.

I also take the following vitamins and minerals:

VITAMIN A (BETA-CAROTENE) 25,000 IU DAILY
VITAMIN B-COMPLEX 100 MG DAILY
VITAMIN C (CALCIUM ASCORBATE) 1,000 MG DAILY
VITAMIN D 1,000 IU DAILY
VITAMIN E (MIXED TOCOPHEROLS) 400 IU DAILY

MAGNESIUM 300 MG DAILY
CALCIUM 500 MG DAILY
ZINC 25 MG DAILY
SELENIUM 100 MICROGRAMS DAILY
IRON 10 MG DAILY

I completely agree. We should all exercise and eat like we’re training to be an amateur boxer. I just don’t get the feeling that many are follow strict nutrition and exercise consistently and continuously like you said. And meditation has been proven to have benefits on the brain.

1 Like

BETA-CAROTENE 25 000 IU ? I wonder why you feeling better.
It is a DHT blocker.
VITAMIN B COMPLEX increase Methyliation this is another con.
ZINC 25 MG DAILY another DHT blocker.

Think that you should take all those from the equation.

1 Like

Everything that has been written about herbs can easily be explained by the placebo effect, people conflating correlation vs causation, wishful thinking, a messiah complex or commercial (fraudulent) objectives.

2 Likes

Hey Greek,
My huge advancements in my recovery are attributed to the CD nuts protocol.
I’ve adhered to maybe, 70% of what is laid out. Herb cycling, R andro and 4 andro runs, and perhaps the most unexpected for my recovery, was full body tanning.

If you want to talk more, feel free to PM me.

2 Likes

Well if you guys feel placebo affects maybe you shouldn’t be here - go live your life. Walls literally shake when I look at them so no placebo effect. Are you claiming every recovery is placebo?

No, I said that positive reviews of herbs can be explained by either placebo, the user conflating correlation with causation or commercial (fraudulent) objectives.

The anecdotal evidence is congruent with the above conclusion, not with the conclusion that herbs move the needle re PFS.

1 Like

I think @Ozeph had a lot of improvements from the first thing you mentioned

Healthy diet, cold showers, and exercise can’t hurt. If you’re not doing that, you shouldn’t be complaining on a forum. If you’re in enough pain diet and exercise are easy (unless you are physically incapable which I know some on here are). If your symptoms are not strong enough to push you to lead a super healthy lifestyle, I’m happy for you. For me, I’d starve myself and run an unltraman to get better.

2 Likes

And it wouldnt solve the problem. It would be a bandaid. Which is fine as long as you describe it as such.

That’s your opinion - healthy lifestyle has shown to cure lots of diseases including heart disease and diabetes. And if you live a healthy lifestyle forever then the bandaid becomes permanent and then it’s just semantics. Again I’m living a healthy lifestyle and I’m not cured and the bandaid sucks for me (more like a piece of paper towel) - so I’m not claiming success. All I’m saying is it can’t hurt, and if you’re not doing everything in your power to be supremely healthy, then you shouldn’t complain. For me, I’m not depressed and I don’t have anexity. if I didn’t work out, eat well, and go to a super demanding job everyday, I’m not sure that’d be the case.

1 Like